Sticky/others grenades exploit-bug

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Damz49, Apr 29, 2015.

1. Damz49

Hey!

It's been now +/- 6 months that this bug exists, and it's not fixed.

This bug appeared when you changed the textures of the shields.

Problem is that it's possible to throw C4 or grenades through the shields (main problem is in bio-lab, teleport-rooms are very small so you can't run-hide from the grenades).

And what makes it OP and very annoying exploit is that sticky grenade damage is also bug'd, even with FLAK5 armor you die.

With lattice battles often get stuck in bio-labs, so you cant get chainkilled.

Me and my outfit mates tried te report the bug with the ingame tool ( /bug ), didnt change anything.
    We also tried to report the players who are always using this exploit (HELLoO "HoraTR", player of GLJ outfit which is also in "Darktexas" ---game dev or something like this--- outfit.
    That do not sounds really serious.

Can't you just make a fix that deny to sticky grenade to pass through bio-lab shields, while you're still working on the shields main problem ?

Can't you be more severe with mass reported exploit-users (pictures incoming) ?
    Cuz we all thinks that report is completly useless, that guy (HoraTR) got reported by 50 players in 3mn, and got probably reported more than 200 times just for using that exploit, and he's still here and still using it.
    Just look his killboard: http://www.planetside-universe.com/character-5428153774072516081.php?tab=killboard
    Just notice that sticky grenade is his weapon with more kills: https://www.planetside2.com/players/#!/5428153774072516081/weapons

It's unbelivable that this guy didnt get banned or didnt get his account/directives reseted.
    It's so obvious that it is exploit...

Here are the pictures (from tonight, happened in 20mns)

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2015/18/1430332143-screenshot-20150429-18-50-49.png

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2015/18/1430332235-screenshot-20150429-19-06-24.png

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2015/18/1430332255-screenshot-20150429-19-06-46.png

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2015/18/1430332265-screenshot-20150429-19-12-34.png

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2015/18/1430332257-screenshot-20150429-19-13-28.png

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2015/18/1430332273-screenshot-20150429-19-18-39.png

As reporting bug and players is useless, what can we do ?

Thanks, and sorry for my english.
    • Up x 2
  2. SKuLLdRaG3

Do you mean to tell me sticky granades should fall off from a peron when that person goes through the gate?
  3. Damz49

"Can't you just make a fix that deny to sticky grenade to pass through bio-lab shields"

"a fix that deny to sticky grenade to pass through bio-lab shields"

" to sticky grenade to pass through bio-lab shields"

When someone send a sticky, it wont be able to pass thourgh the shield even if it's stuck to someone.

I know it's decrease its potential, but they must do something and as they are unable to fix it and unable to do something against exploiters, it could be a temporary solution.

Because as you know "We're fixing it" so it shouldnt be long (HAHA AHAHAHAAH)
  4. Damz49

5. Eyeklops

You need video proof that the sticky nade passed through the shield on it's own and was not stuck to the body of a friendly. Otherwise, working as intended. Sticky nades are supposed to pass through shields if stuck to somebody.
  6. Lilium Atratum

Consider it a punishment for new players for sitting in the spawn room/teleport room of the bio lab.
    Sitting there is not helping anyone. Moreover, people are not really enjoying sitting there either. They are driven by fear - fear of going out.
    But if they will fear sitting inside, this may convince them to actually move out... or redeploy elsewhere... or do something else... or even stop playing for a while....
    because wasting both real-life time and in-game time in a small room doing nothing driven by fear - that's the worst way of spending time.
    • Up x 1
  7. BaronX13

Listen...dude...I hate to break this to you. But a sticky grenade IN FLIGHT will not pass through a biolab shield. Sure there may be bugs here or there, but trust me, it doesn't happen the mass majority of the time. If they just passed through the shields in flight there would be a much larger outcry on the forums.

What you are experiencing is a sticky grenade that HAS STUCK ON TO YOU or ONE OF YOUR SURROUNDING FRIENDLIES as they peaked out to fire. They then retreated back into the "shield room" and the grenade went off, killing you and your allies within said room. This is not a bug, this is not an exploit. The fact that you jumped to that conclusion and mass reported a player who was more than likely playing legitimately is ridiculous. The sticky grenade IS SUPPOSED to pass through those shields if it is stuck onto your character. It DOES NOT pass through the shields in plain flight.

The reason said sticky grenades kill you even when you have flak armor, is also, SUPPOSED to happen. While currently sticky grenade damage is still on the old frag damage profile, they are currently rectifying that as we speak. But...even after they bring it back in line with the rest of the grenades, it will STILL kill you no matter how much flak armor you have on IF IT IS STUCK TO YOU DIRECTLY. It takes more skill to stick a grenade onto an enemy player than to just land one near them, as such a directly stuck grenade will kill you no matter what. Unlike proxy mines and other explosives, a sticky grenade stuck to you will do its full direct damage with no degradation as it is RIGHT ON YOU.

Last note, and this is just a personal grievance. The next time you bring photo evidence to support your claims, make sure said photo evidence actually shows what you are disputing. All those pictures that you spammed only show one thing, and it's that you died to a sticky grenade by said enemy player within a spawn room. This isn't anything new, players die after they pull into a spawn room, after turning a corner, after being directly in cover, etc. That is just latency/clientside errors that will always be around in the game no matter what. If you are going to bring a picture (or better yet a video) make sure it shows a sticky grenade IN FLIGHT pass cleanly through the spawn shields and land on the ground before you, or on you, or on one of your allies. And remember, if the sticky grenade is STUCK to anyone, it's going to pass through, and that is legitimate.
    • Up x 1
  8. Eyeklops

What ^ said.
  9. Arkandae2

No, some people are exploiting, there's a way to throw anything (c4, tank mines, grenades) in the spawn room (and not only in biolab), and through some walls.
    Here are 2 reddit post about it and as you can see the guy in the screenshot isn't denying and know nothing will happen to him:
    www.reddit.com/r/MillerPlanetside/comments/33x6ur/exploiters_have_done_a_great_job/
    www.reddit.com/r/MillerPlanetside/comments/33c3ka/fotm_exploit_nades_through_shields/
    There's even a video (so don't tell "it's not an exploit it got sticked on you blabla") : www.youtube.com/watch?v=khw3oB7S66A
  10. Damz49

Thanks for this vid, i'm gonna try to also make a vid to show it also works through "ennemy" shields.
  11. Damz49

Maybe this Frag nade was stuck on an ennemy ?

• Up x 3
  12. Eyeklops

Ok..that's the kind of proof I wanted to see. Agreed that is an exploit.
    • Up x 1
  13. Korsakov

I believe RadarX said a week or two ago that this is planned to be fixed at some point.
  14. Arkandae2

And people can mindlessly exploit until the fix?
  15. Damz49

• Up x 1
  16. joeski

I think the big problem with this exploit has been mindsets like BaronX13 has shown above.
    I wouldn't be surprised if SOE/DGC have had many thousands of reports about sticky grenades from people who thought that if they died to a sticky in a teleport room then the person who threw that sticky must be cheating, they didn't know that they are supposed to come into those rooms if carried in by someone with one stuck to them. The devs have probably been auto-rejecting sticky nade reports for ages.
    I have reported a couple of players for openly exploiting in the way shown in the above video, one of which 'HoraTR' told me in a whisper after I asked him why he exploits so much, he used to report people for this exploit but he had been given the go ahead by a dev to throw stickies in teleport rooms in that manner and he claimed a dev told him to stop reporting the issue or face a temp ban for wasting the devs time.
    I believe that if he actually was told this, he was victim to the 'oh no, not sticky reports again' mentality that was born from thousands of mistaken reports from people not knowing that a person is supposed to carry a sticky through a shield if it was stuck to him while outside.
    When using the report system for blatant exploiters of this bug, it is very difficult to get the point across in the limited character count you have in a report.
    I auraxiumed stickies in a very short time, mainly in bio labs and subterranean nanite analysis. In a bio lab you can stand near the barrels by the wall facing the teleroom nearest the biolab spawn room (the forest one) and aim for the door of the teleroom, if someone pops out (maxes are a nice big target) and catches it you're guaranteed a big multikill in a busy fight if they retreat back into the room before the boom.
    I got loads of hate tells and hackusations doing this, it's a legitimate and easy farm although I did start to feel guilty about it after a while because a sticky nade in a teleroom is an awful way to die.
    If I was reported at the time (and I almost certainly was) the devs would have quite rightly put it down to QQ or peoples lack of knowledge of how stickies work.
    That's the problem here, there is an exploit that people use, proof is above, but how do the devs distinguish between what legitimate players do and what exploiters do?
    Oh and as a side note, people are beginning to exploit the gaps at the bottom of shields of some bio labs, a game update many months ago glitched some teleroom shields so there is a gap at the bottom so there is literally an area where they can shoot into the room, those skillful lasher boys are loving this one...
  17. Damz49

"how do the devs distinguish between what legitimate players do and what exploiters do?"

That's the job of Game Patrol.

When a person is mass reported, they should focus and follow this person to see if kills were legitimate or exploited...

You're going to tell me "Game Patrol guys lost their job with DayBrake"

- We have lot of devs, they are unable to fix bugs, let's convert them to game patrol.

I read it 1hr ago: http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2015/19/1430947456-screenshot-20150506-22-04-24.png

I was like "Ohhh, what a surprise"

And a last one: http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2015/19/1430947491-screenshot-20150505-18-28-53.png
  18. Arkandae2

-When they're proudly admitting it in game it's not hard :
    www.reddit.com/r/MillerPlanetside/comments/3533rb/weve_been_looking_at_it_all_wrong/cr0m0bc

-Videos : www.youtube.com/watch?v=khw3oB7S66A

-keep an eye on them (longer, but some people avec more than 100 reports)

www.reddit.com/r/MillerPlanetside/comments/34yhnz/expected_nothing_less_from_genm/cqzg0lq
  19. Arkandae2

20. Bekar

And that's how it's feels inside.
    DBG said that they are aware of this bug, they are working on it and closed the bug ticket