Ninja "fix" for ESF controls

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Yuki10, May 2, 2015.

1. Yuki10

Just found out that mouse pitch up and down have been fixed for ESF's , which is great. No more stupid delay on those two actions.

However, the faux mouse acceleration values are still present on mouse controls. I can run the entire length of XL mouse pad without ESF doing more than just a few degree change, if i do it at moderate pace. If i move the mouse quickly over the same distance - then ESF moves around like crazy.

No OS acceleration, no mouse driver acceleration, this is pure PS2 issue and only happens within the game. Thanks for fixing half of the problem.

half a glass of urine and half a glass of water, mix them together - and result is a glass of diluted urine - still nothing you would want to drink. kind of similar situation with ESF controls, half of the controls are fixed, but second half still ******ertly messed up.
  2. omfgweeee

Do you think its OK for any vehicle even an ESF to can make 180 degree in 0.5 sec just because you move your mouse fast?

Imo blance wise atm everythink is K now.
  3. DashRendar

Maybe up your aircraft sensitivity by 30% and try it again. I have been flying like normal since the patch and all I've done is up the sens a bit. Seems easier to aim too, better range of response.
    • Up x 1
  4. _itg

There has always been a cap to how fast you can pitch, even with super-high sensitivity, so this was never an issue. The problem the OP is referring to is that moving the mouse quickly has a different effect, and that kind of inconsistency is bad for precision aim.
  5. Jamuro

Op used the turning as an example

Mouse accelleration during turns might be a bit irritating but isn't a big problem.
    The real problem is that is makes aiming even more difficould and more importantly unreliable.
    Depending on how fast you moved you will either not get your crosshair on target or overshoot by a lot.

No matter your standing on the esf's agility, it's controls need to be reliable and "stable".
    A requirement to improve and learn the esf's controls (and therefore by and extension aiming with it) is that it's behaviour is something you can reliably repeat.

Mouse accelleration makes this just way more troublesome and frustrating than it should be.
    Which btw is also why i can't understand that people think that the new controls help new players.
  6. Celeris

It's OK guys, they are going to rake in mad console dollars and their decision to **** over the PC playerbase will pay off in the end. The problem will be resolved when you have all quit in disgust, you just need to wait until the desired result is achieved. You all just need to be patient.
  7. Czarinov

This is EXACTLY how original controls were!

It is reliable since it's not random. The speed of your mouse is directly bound to the speed of your aim. Just not linearly. Just saying... The plus of new controls was less mouse acceleration. But the minus was less precision and less mouse pitch capability (accel. helps to use more mouse and less pitch keys). Now it's back to original kinda, but the ideal controls would be somewhere in between. Though I'm satisfied with last patch and original controls being back!
  8. Yuki10

Let's be honest here - SOE is putting 100 band-aids on a wound that needs major surgery. The real fix is user adjustable speeds/controls for ESFs. One should be able to set mouse acceleration and pitch rates on his own in order to achieve balance that feels natural to them. Forcing everyone to use the same configs on ESF is just crazy.
  9. JudgeNu

I for one have about had it with your threads and posts Yuki10.
    I remember one of your first post where you complained about getting killed in your tank by a group of infils with crossbows.
    If you don't like the game then uninstall.
    I think you overestimate your importance.
    I will look for the ignore option as I wait for my Inbox message from Mod-xx telling me I should read the Forum Guidelines.
  10. Yuki10

Just like you are. I'll make it easier for you - click on my name, then look in the top right side of the profile page. Bye, Sayonara, Dosvidanya, aufiderzein, adios...You are also on my ignore list now - so even if you don't ignore me, i will never hear your sad voice again
  11. Czarinov

Yes, that would be great.
  12. Nhar

I wouldn't critic something I obviously have no idea how it works. Real-life-wise and game-play-wise, yes an aircraft should be able to do that, to some extent. While toning the maneuverability (unnecessarily) might be okay, throttling it is definitely not.