[BUG] Stuck at 6%

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ShadowViper, Apr 29, 2015.

1. ShadowViper

Would love to play your game (believe it or not). But for the past month+ I've constantly crashed to desktop after being stuck at 6% on the load screen.

I've done 2+ complete wipes of the all the files and re-installed. I've also tried it on different video driver versions with the same results of crashing to desktop. It's been over a month of this ****.

What the **** else can I be doing?
  2. Ballto21

Im not sure its the game itself anymore. I havnt known anyone personally outside of forumside who has crashed except me with a bug with the phoenix. Was it running well before? Could it be a PC issue?

Not saying its not the game, but i just for whatever reason have been shielded from crashes.
  3. ShadowViper

When it ran, It ran perfectly fine before. I've had no changes in any hardware within that time. Which doesn't mean it's not my machine - you know how these things can be. I'm looking into the possibility of it being a network error of some-sort as well. However, I feel if it was a connection error it wouldn't just crash and it would at least give me the error code like it used to on the webpage .

Specs

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780
    32 gb ram
  4. Ballto21

you should be doing fine then, if it is just an error of somekind i hope its an easy fix
  5. Towie

Previous to the most recent patch, the loading progress would pause for a long time in the high 90s - now it pauses for a long time at 6% then zooms up to 100% after a few seconds.

Interestingly on PTS, it had the 6% pause for some time.

I guess that when it reaches 6% it then does a BIG load of something (textures, world data, that sort of stuff) so maybe memory related ? You have tons of ram - I assume you're running Windows 64bit (otherwise no more than 3.5GB would be usable).

Have you tried the test server version ?
    • Up x 1
  6. Goretzu

They changed something recently to introduce the 6% issue, my best/only guess would be your PC doesn't like whatever it is.

That is not very helpful for you though.

All I can think of (other than what you've done) is running some memory tests, incase it is hitting some bad sectors that remain unused otherwise (probably unlikely though).
  7. zukhov

I had this, the only way I could fix it was by reinstalling windows.
  8. Franzus

I have this too since installing Windows 10 TP, hope that installing the final Windows 10 fixes this....