What are you guys playing?Call of duty?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MuggieWara, Apr 29, 2015.

1. Garrum

The nerf HA threads will go away when the HA gets brought down into something resembling balanced. In reality, the fact that they have more ammo in their guns and carry rocket launchers would be plenty of class strength. They have no business being the hardest to kill on top of it, nor should they have access to ANY self healing.
  2. Dj Gus

Also doesn't help, when the devs a while ago announced "we are moving the overshield away from an iwin button...".
    Then they sit on it, without a word... Kinda puzzling if you ask me.
    Maybe i should lighten up, and just get a bucket of popcorns...
  3. Lemposs

I am very much of the nature that HA are extremely imbalanced... If that class somehow wasn't available to freaking everybody.

It really is the curse of video games, we can't have anything serve a purpose and it be better at said purpose, without people causing an uproar, even when they have full access to the exact same thing.
  4. HadesR

Problem is that it serves a purpose as both AI and AV and it's the best free class at both overall .. Within the same loadout .. It should require some thought and sacrifices ..

If you wanna shut down HEX's with lockons .. Fine lose the shield
    You wanna be Shielded as you push a point .. Fine lose the Launcher

And that's my opinion as someone with 30% ( 48d's ) playtime as an Heavy
  5. H0urg1ass

Funny thing is, in PS2 the HA shield was an implant and anyone could have it. Oh the days of wearing light armor while using an MCG and the shield implant. Good times man, good times.

So many things that PS1 had right the first time around that all got tossed in the trash with PS2.
  6. Czarinov

Killing IS the best XP earner...
    • Up x 1
  7. Alzir

If they put more ammo in carbines and/or assault rifles, I'd probably play medic but as it is HA is the only respectable class for taking on a zerg effectively (Max not counted).

LA and infil (SMG) are also highly effective AI classes solo, and are cheesy in their own ways too. Medics are respectable almost all round but some medic guns are just stupid when client side is having one of those days.

The problem though is that many people don't have tge patience to learn multiple classes, so one or more will always stand out as OP to them. Heavy is the main AI class, and therefore stands out to anyone who can't pull heavy to counter a good HA.
  8. Blippy

You are beyond salty. You're trying so hard to make the HA look OP that you took half the things that every class has access to and tried to weave it in as if it made the HA broken or something.
  9. Ballto21

Battle rifles are wannabe snipers, they can be just as good as semi autos

Resist shield has a significantly faster recharge rate

I listed things that are multiclass, specifically medkits, because you can heal yourself without need of a medic or medkit dance in a fight, so take your extra healthbar and make it 4 extra healthbars you can chug while jumping around underfire and wait for the other guy to run out of ammo
  10. PKfire

PS2 is a fps game that transcends its roots by being accessible not only to gamers who enjoy infantry games, but people who enjoy games with vehicular combat. As such there are sub communites of tankers and pilots who relish the opportunity to be able to do what they love in gaming while fighting alongside players from different gaming backgrounds and tastes.

What you have is one of the most toxic and counter productive mentalities to grace this imperfect yet still uniquely magnificent game. It could do without you.
  11. Ballto21

Let me restate this

I have no issue with any individual person in specific who mains heavy or max or tank or whatever

what i have an issue with is the people who pull them specifically to farm infantry from safty to stat pad, then gloat about how good they are.

Basically, if you only play HA/vehicles/maxes and gloat about how good at the game you are, when you only farm infantry or play that one class, youre kind of an *******.
  12. Liberty

The very first line I said was "how I got near the top of NON HA weapon leaderboards" suggesting that following the advice given will be more than enough to carry you against 90% of heavies in this game while not playing a heavy yourself.

The advice is basically a summation of good fundamentals that can apply to all classes, luckily almost no one follows them and the gap they create is more than enough to negate the HP disparity between HA's and other classes.
  13. lothbrook

lol, so wrong, try being a medic or engi sometime and actually playing your support roles.
  14. MuggieWara

You obviously havent been the sole ammo providing and MAX repairing engineer in any kind of numerically balanced stalemate.More XP with less risk,especially with maxed flak.
  15. Cinnamon

It's not really puzzling. The change they put forward, delay on shield activation, was one that would have made the game more frustrating and less fun to play for the majority of players. So they didn't do it but probably don't have any better ideas. Maybe if the delay was there from the start it would have been OK but some things are too much to change after a game goes live IMO.
    • Up x 1