Flight Status

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by PS2_Luke, Apr 16, 2015.

1. Ballto21

Youre exactly right. Im hoping that this is changed for the better soon.
    • Up x 1
  2. Czarinov

Just FYI, older controls had its own positive acceleration that couldn't be turned off. However compared to new controls, they were smooth with no pixel jumps.
  3. PinkHurtsMyEyes

That may very well be true, and can explain why I always seemed to have an issue with infantry play in ps2 coming from BF3 - however my lighning turret was very nice with my G600 pre-patch. But as you say; it sure was better than the new ones.
  4. Czarinov

Wait wait, I meant ESF acceleration. Infantry has no acceleration.

However reading your issue, you might wanna check your config file. There are two settings called Mousesmoothing, both should be zero.
  5. PinkHurtsMyEyes

I think it is fine, most likely it's due to me going through four mice in this game - you are bound to feel a little off. I did all of my BF3 with my G9 so yeah, got pretty used to that one. As for piloting; I am not one so I can't aim in the air anyway - I can fly just fine, all kinds of fancy reverse manouvers and flying through bridges and treading the needle stuff, I just can't aim... :D
  6. Czarinov

For me getting to aim better was to realize i need to move my whole arm, which required putting a sheet of paper below my elbow so i can slide up and down with my mouse :D

Speaking of weird feeling. I had a weird feeling coming from BF because of lower max FOV. Everything felt very zoomed in PS2 :)...
  7. Nalothisal

For...the...love of God...PUT IN MOUSE AXIS BINDING YOU WANKERS!!!
    • Up x 1
  8. Teshrrar

The joystick (PC) still have huge gaps of sensivity, making aim fast targets very hard with the ESF.

Any advice for this new settings?
  9. Snoozzzer

Just going to go on record saying I like the changes in regards to yaw. I find it easier to aim when the ship gradually moves upon button press, as opposed to instantly as before. I know all the aces had mastered that jerkiness, but I personally like the new model purely for that reason - smoothness using keyboard yaw
  10. Jawarisin

I want that 25% fcr spirit too.

Though on the side of references. I hate the changes, though I heard PTS fixed it lot.... We'll see how it goes.
    Right now I'm annoyed and I'm using tomcats.
  11. Ronin Oni

He shoulda just bought the G502 :D
  12. Czarinov

I hope you're joking. Please tell me you're joking!
  13. Jawarisin

I'm not D:

They not only messed the flight, but they refused to acknolwdge those as a problem that needs to be changed.
    And most players whine they they are "not OP". So yes I'm using them :(

On the flip side, I've got a truce with most pilots so that I won't be fighting them and therefore I don't have to use tomcats on them.
  14. PS2_Luke Lead Designer

Hey everyone,

We've made some more adjustments on PTS that we are evaluating hotfixing out this week, but we don't feel like we have enough feedback yet. So, if you can, please give them a test today and let us know what you think!
    • Up x 1
  15. pirron

I think so far the feedback is plentiful. Playerbase does not like the new controls. I don't know one decent pilot who would be happy with them. If I read correctly people would like the old once to be back.

That is the feedback. If I'm wrong then ask in public forum about the opinions of your customers to prove it.
  16. taod3mon

And still no mouse axis binding derp derp. If there is one thing EA/Dice, along with most other developers always seem to get right that planetside is still choking on is proper control options, which include mouse axis binding.
    • Up x 1