Cheating is out of control: need GMs

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Badname1886, Apr 26, 2015.

1. GuardianPortrait

I like sitting in the vehicle bay defending BioLabs on my Flash with max scout radar.
    • Up x 1
  2. Quikloc007

I wouldn't say its out of control. But, I have noticed much more unusually "really good" players lately. If you play a lot of FPS online for years, you can spot them. During peak hours I see more of them but not game breaking bad. The best thing to do is play in a squad and make them play on your terms. Or rage quit...
  3. FLHuk

That works all ways. If you assume your mate in outfit is a god post a video proving it before saying he's not using assists and you all need to L2P!

We had a guy in outfit a year ago that was tipped off by VS friends, we watched, followed and all gave opinions. We could not decide one way or other.

We were wrong and he was later removed by a GM....
    • Up x 1
  4. Czarinov

Are you saying that one is guilty (w/out evidence) until one proves oneself inocent? this only works with crooked judges.

this only works one way. unless you can prove that someone is cheating, don't start crying out publically about your suspicions. whether youre right or wrong, doesnt matter.
  5. Vorpal_Spork

ESP? You show on the minimap when you shoot your gun, there's spotting and there's also motion sensors, there's vehicle radar certs, etc. Most people refer to this "ESP" you're encountering as "checking the minimap".
  6. Goretzu

The problem is no player can ever conclusively prove another player is using ESP/wall hack or a detuned aimbot - even if they ARE.

It is arguable if even a GM can really do it in PS2.

Blatent aimboting (100% headshoting through walls, terrain etc.) certainly, but ESP/wall hacking and detuned aimbotting is pretty much unprovable. So does that mean nothing should ever therefore be done? Now don't get me wrong most Hacking claims are false/wrong, but equally there are hackers out there (always have been and always will be).

I tested a PS2 player once and pretty much proved to my mind 100% he was using ESP (he followed me around a building in an ESF that had flares [so no radar] 100% accurately, whilst I was cloaked, with only us in the zone - tested this exact situation maybe a dozen times and it was always the same, he knew exactly which door I was moving toward and moved his ESF to ambush me as I exited - I never exited, of course), yet I couldn't prove it at all , and he was never caught for using it (although he did seem to stop using it - his stats suddenly dropped massively at exactly the same time - when a few high profile player were banned for using it). I also flew on his faction and tailed him for a while and noticed how he'd see Air and Ground targets and move directly and unerringly towards them way, way, way before I could see them, but again this isn't proof, it is just circumstantial.

In Warhammer Online I always remember a Witch Elf that was renowed for being amazing at hiding and stealthing and getting the drop on people. I fought him myself many, many times myself and never had a hint of what he was actually doing (to the player it just looked like he was really good at hiding and stealthing).
    However when he quit the game he posted some video of what he was actually doing, he had a terrain hack that allowed him to sit inside terrain (buildings that were inpenetrable to other players, boulders, and rocks etc.) so he just sat inside them (and could see out perfectly as on his screen the buildings/boulders basically weren't there) waited till a solo player move past then jumped out of the building and tried to gank them. 100% cheating, 100% never caught or even really suspected.
  7. kungflu

GMs are not trustworthy, relate to abusive GMs in World of Warcraft and Webzen Games.
    If they do allow volunteer GMs, then every movement on such privileged account should be logged or monitored.
    • Up x 1
  8. Czarinov

I see what you mean.

Let me add to my opinion then.

I agree that it's very hard to actually prove that someone's hacking when it's subtle. However, one must adapt his form of post and try to grab as much info about the hacker if one feels that the problem needs attention. Then if you really need to post about it - make no extreme conclusions. There is a difference between:

"Everyone hacks"
    and
    "I don't understand how someone knew where I was... was he a hacker?"

Doubting is all right, having one and only truth is not.

And at last, I find threads like this completely useless. It's just a whining, with no gameplay or real description or attempt to solve maybe a l2p issue.
    • Up x 1
  9. Garrum

You THINK you know how much effort they have put in. You can't prove they are legitimately good any more than we can prove they are cheating.
    • Up x 1
  10. Garrum

How about when some tool in an ESF can find you instantly on hossin beneath the tree canopy from 200 meters out? Or when you redeploy 4 hexes away and 30 seconds later he comes flying in a straight line towards our exact location? Is that just checking the minimap too?
    • Up x 1
  11. FateJH

Who are you talking about?
  12. Czarinov

Never happened to me, thus I think you just made this up.

BTW do you know that you can watch Big map for enemy activity?
  13. Goretzu

I dunno if that is the case here, but if you've ever seen the videos of PS2 ESP programs they show targets up with names form miles away (way outside render distance), I assume it is whatever the maxiumum distance the server sends data for (I've no idea if that is XXXm range around the player or the entire continent).

But as always there's no real way to know what is or is not happening (from the player end).

Yeah I doubt threads like this change much/anything, when SOE had regular GMs it helped a bit, but they've not had any for a long while now (although I don't for a second think hacking is endemic, but it's probably still there at a low level like it always has been).

It probably is as effective as raging at the sky............ but then equally absolutely nothing a player can do is remotely effective either (the player I mentioned I reported several times in as much detail of what was happening as I could, what happened? Nothing).

So I dunno that I blame people too much for raging at the sky, even if in fact it is not hacking at all.

edit- I also think server performance has a hand in this, a few days ago I was shot dead in a position of cover quite a distance away from any possible enemy LOS, at first I though "WTF.... hacking?", but then I wondered if actually it wasn't just lag and my toon (on their screen) had maybe rubber banded up through the floor or something)..... no real idea either way as to which was right, but server performance is still pretty bad these days.
    • Up x 1
  14. FLHuk

A video in itself will only attract "L2P", "he's my mate, he's just good", "hey learn about lag", "Clientside!", "I've never seen more than xxxx, you got rkt" etc etc

Which is exactly where you went.

So, if by claiming a video is only ever worthy of serious thought then how about the same for the reverse.

If you want to claim "You're just a bad player!" prove it, post a video of them being bad or I'll assume cheat supporter :)
    • Up x 1
  15. MorganM

Yep.... Scout Radar + Thermal. That's how he could find your location and see you super easily. People have this missconception that the trees actually benefit those on the ground. In fact it's better cover for the aircraft especially when using radar and thermal optics. At best it's equal but they can use trees to break your lock-on attempts super easily and obscure aming with other AA. Meanwhile you show up as a bright yellow ant on a black background that couldn't be easier to spot.

Heat Maps > Enemy Activity on the continental map. You redeployed, he saw the base you were all at just lost all enemy population, and then saw the base you deployed at now had a spike in enemy population because its hows up bright red. GEE I WONDER WHERE YOU WENT

I do that **** all the time. Using heat maps is so awesome yet so few people use it. I can follow enemy aircraft around super easily using it. I can see where people redeploy to. I can see which base enemies are moving to when there's a fork in the lattice.

Sorry but you've provided nothing in your eample that can not be easily explained with in-game functions. Maybe he was cheating... maybe not because I told you exactly how he could have done it legit... but you're too busy looking for hackers around every corner to notice the subtle nuances in features this game has to offer that could boost your skills significantly.
  16. Czarinov

No, it's not where I went. The OP's post is useless in its form. And he is indeed a bad players if he "sees" hackers everywhere. If he at least posted suspicious video so there was something to discuss about. If your defense is everyone posting a reply as "he's just good, you're bad", then it would be actually the truth (with most probability), don't you think?

Is a general post about how every 2nd player cheats worth a serious thought? And I'm a cheat supporter because I don't like hackusators?

The logic of yours is very broken. You can assume all you want. I doubt your opinion will be taken seriously among normal people.[/quote]
  17. Garrum

He was using flares and there was ally presence in 3 other adjacent hexes besides the one we went to. He was using ESP.
    • Up x 1
  18. Bekar

• Up x 1
  19. Garrum

Of course you do. You people refuse to acknowledge cheaters as cheaters unless they are hovering in the sky firing neon green lasers from their eyes while playing Pretty Woman on proximity chat.
    • Up x 1
  20. FateJH

It doesn't have to be Pretty Woman.