What are your top 3 issues with the game right now?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ianneman, Apr 26, 2015.

1. Leftconsin

Why should they? Lagging is a MASSIVE advantage.
  2. f0d

the change in controls for air to be more like console controls
    the change in controls for vehicles to be more like console controls
    and soon the change in controls for infantry to be more console like
  3. Gemenai

I would say, because if you do intentionally use a low connection to "lag around" and gain a "MASSIVE andvantage", then such behavior would fall into the category of exploiting therefore no server internal auto-kicker exists, sorting those individuals out.
  4. Kristan

1. Lack of meaning. Right now we fight for territory just for funzies, there is no meaning or real benefit of every hex. Giving each base/outpost real, even minor factional benefit would give more strategic depth to the game.

2. Lack of new continents. Especially Sanctuaries.

3. Redeploying.
    • Up x 1
  5. Goretzu

1) lack of resource 2.0 (ideally I'd want PS2 to pretty much eventually move to PS1s system in contient and with capturable contients - but in fairness just resource 2.0 would do for the moment).

2) server performance, Miller is rubbish.

3) no pure/proper A2A fighter.
  6. Ballto21

>Bugs
    >Commie
    >Crutchassault
  7. Vargs

1. It's dying. PS2 is a great game that I love a whole lot, but I think it scares off the vast majority of new players because they feel it's too difficult/complicated and they don't know how to find good fights that aren't ghostcaps or spawn camps. The marketing is also abysmal. I don't think I've ever seen anything related to PS2 anywhere else on the internet outside of one lukewarm giant bomb quick look. Lastly, the content generation pace is glacial which doesn't help retain players.

2. Aircraft. It isn't about them being overpowered or underpowered. It's about the very nature of aircraft being extremely detrimental to the game as a whole, and nothing can realistically fix them. They ruin small battles, warding them off is the most unfun and unrewarding thing in the game, they make it impossible for armor to use fancy flanking maneuvers because tanks get instagibbed the moment they leave the protection of friendly flak spam, and the vast majority of players at any given time have no real way of fighting back which makes aircraft extremely frustrating to be killed by. If you do choose an AA loadout, you're still going to get wrecked by aircraft unless a lot of other people are doing the same thing.

Even from the perspective of air it's kinda garbage. Either there's no real AA around and you just farm people who can't fight you, or there's a ton of AA around and you can't do anything because you're getting shot from a million angles by a bunch of things you can't see (so of course you simply fly somewhere else that's in situation #1).

It's too late now, but aircraft should never have been included outside of maybe unarmed galaxies and valkyries. I've put a whole lot of SC and certs into my planes but I would give them up with no refund in a heartbeat if it meant removing air.

3. Snipers. They don't contribute much to the game, are frustrating to die to (similar to aircraft), make open field combat a lot less enjoyable, and force everyone to constantly be ADADing at all times because there is always going to be a cloaked sniper somewhere off in the distance who will instakill you the second you stop moving for half a second, which even a very poor player is capable of doing easily.

Infiltrators have other, better roles nowadays with stalker cloaking and SMGs. Those roles also synergize a lot better with the movement detection aspect of the class, as well as their fantastic EMP grenades. The game would improve if sniper rifles were removed, though much like aircraft I know this will never happen because people have already invested time and money into them and there's no way DBG has the balls to get rid of that stuff with or without refunds. I do think infils could use a buff to cloaking visibility though. With the recent changes they are far too easy to spot.
  8. FieldMarshall

1. Extremely poor advertising

Advertising is the first line of getting new players for your game. If people dont even know about your game, it cant grow.
    For such a unique game with potential they sure like to hide it from everybody. People i have talked to who love the game didnt even know about it until they randomly stumbled upon it.
    I think if more people knew about Planetside 2 the game would naturally grow.
    Say what you will about World of Warcraft but they did a really good job advertising it, and it was hyped to hell years before it was released.
    We all know how that turned out, population wise.

2. Bugs and performance (Technical issues)

The same issue plagued Planetside 1. You needed an unreasonably powerful CPU to run the game.
    Its gotten a bit better since release, but i fear that a lot of people who tried Planetside 2 have been put off by having to play a 5fps slideshow, never to return.
    I believe if they had waited a year or two with releasing the game polishing its performance, you would have gotten more players that would have stuck with the game.
    Then there are the numerous bugs. And it could take up an entire page, just talking about bugs.
    People dont like bugs. People get angry at things they dont like. Angry people leave games. People leaving kills games.
    Hitreg also goes under performance and bugs. If the mechanic that registers if you hit someone in an online pvp shooting game is broken/buggy, then you are going to breed a lot of hate and anger.
    If people hate the primary game mechanic, they will probably leave.
    Laggy servers.
    PS2 doesent do a very good job at getting new players into the game. Most i have talked to finds the experience frustrating.
    Partially because of bugs/performance and partially because they just die over and over without knowing why (game doesent really explain much to new players)

3. Not enough good ideas from Planetside 1 made it into Planetside 2

-Take spawnrooms for example.
    In Planetside 1, it was underground (impossible to be vehicle camped). Enemies could enter and destrpy tubes if they lived through the painfield long enough with overwhelming force (aka when you have %80+ pop and have won anyway).
    All bases had a generator that could be destroyed by enough firepower to take spawning at that base offline until repaired.
    Spawnrooms had doors that required a hacker to open. All spawnrooms had several doors leading to different parts of the base.
    Spawnrooms had a "Matrix" panel. If you clicked it it would "bind" you to that base so you could always spawn there to defend as long as it was under your control and the spawntubes/generator was up.
    In Planetside 2 you get a shielded coffin that promotes spawnroom warriors and vehicle camping. A brainless clusterhump without much thought put into it.
    -Deployables. In Planetside 1, you could single handedly fortify a base with 25 Mines (or EMP mines), 15 Spitfire turrets (3 variants of turrets), 20 motion sensors (or disruptots), (2 variants of) Upgradable base turrets, 1 Large AEGIS shield that could be upgraded to resupply, cloak and shield friends, 5 TRAPs. Large blocks that had a lot of hitpoints and was used to prevent enemy tanks/vehicles from rolling into your base/chokepoints or funneling them into minefields.
    -The router
    -10 Continents with lattice links, homecontinents for each empire and 6 cavern continents added in the expansion.
    -Meta (explaining all the PS1 meta would double the length of my post)
    -Fully customizable inventory and classes
    -Base benefits meant something. Especially the valuable Interlink.
    -Could loot enemies and take their faction weapons. It would stay with you until your next death. Coudl also store them in your locker for later use
    -Factions were unique. If you wanted the best shotgun you had to play NC. If you wanted the fast firing weapons, you had to play TR.
    In Planetside 2 it feels like everyone has everything.
    I remember how disappointed i was playing TR when i first found out the NC GD7F was the fastest firing carbine. (its been fixed not with the lynx revamp, but its still a bit ridiculous)
    -Displayable merits. Merits were like directives, except there were alot more of them. When you completed one (even the first level) you got a displayable ribbon.
    You could display up to 3 at a time on your chest and shoulder letting people around you know how good you are with things like hacking terminals, looting enemy weapons, killing enemies, reviving or driving AMSs etc etc.
    -There is more. Enough to fill several pages going into detail about meta and mechanics (for example explaining the awesome and fun cordinated HART drops) that would work well with PS2, but i honestly dont have time sitting here typing all day.

Im not going to list balance as one of the "top" 3 issues with the game.
    Sure there is balance issues, but if you focus too much on "X gun kills 0.05 faster than Y", you loose sight of the bigger picture.
    You may eventually end up with perfect gunplay balance, but nobody left to enjoy it.
    • Up x 3
  9. quatin

1) Performance. IE. Ping spikes, rendering lag
    2) Redeployside
    3) ESF having too high a skill ceiling.
  10. Sh4n4yn4y

I'm going to list one thing. I will forfeit my other two, just for this one cursed thing.

Coyotes. Blasted Coyotes. Shoot me down with bullets, plasma, lolpods, tomcats. It's annoying, but I'll deal with it. Shoot me down with Coyotes, and I have to log out to go buy a new computer screen and desk.
  11. ReconTeemo

1. Technical Issues. IE. fps drops, random lag spikes, hit detection, bugs etc..
    2. Content. Lack of any good content. Need new cool empire specific weapons, modes, varieties and stuff. Fix Redeployside, add something related to outfit content.
    3. Cheaters. Need to be more strict on anti-cheat.
  12. Hammerlock

1.) C4
    2.) Rocket Primerys
    3.) no Coordinations between Outfits
  13. Vixxing

Both Ravens and Falcon is guud at smacking down infantry med-range...
  14. OldMaster80

In anyone counting how many times has been redeploy mentioned as a top issue? Devs holy **** did you read this thread? :mad:
  15. sjtw_w_stot

1. hopping out of your vehicle to repair and get thrown into the air and die
    2. respawning into the air and die
    3. tank pivot. It just likes to turn and turn and turn. Rather annoying when aiming...
  16. Bloodwod

1) Redeployside without a doubt. I understand ease of deployment is good for the casuals. However, at the same time, it makes it easy for organized platoons to ruin the fun of casuals: i.e. spawn into a base the casuals have spent the last twenty minutes fighting for and are about to cap. Then in a few seconds the fight is over, the casuals lose the base, and wonder why they just wasted twenty minutes of their life.

2) Aircraft. If the enemy has air superiority, most of the time the rational approach is just to give up and deploy out to a different fight. Again, like Redeployside, Aircraft ruin the fun of casuals, which is what the game is supposed to encourage: a funnel of casuals into consistent players.

3) Lack of open field fights. Linked to Redeployside. So much fun, yet the design almost kills them. People love them though. Last night there was a Hossin alert on Connery, but no one went to it. Everyone stayed on Easmir where there is a fair balance of base and open field battles. Unlike Hossin which is basically made up of islands of TDMs separated by some water.
  17. Amouris

1. Stalker Infiltrator.
    • Game play is excessively slow as Stalker and gets worse as the fights get larger. Due to the high visibility when doing any movement a stalker is forced to stay absolutely still, as the fights get more populated you spend much more time simply waiting to be able to move than moving.
    • Visibility when moving seems not to be dependent on rate of movement but simply a binary switch, on or off. Why would a player ever crouch walk and actually try to be stealthy when they're just as visible as if they were sprinting and jumping. On that note dark light is a bit excessive when the naked eye can spot an infil, even one in deep cloak, especially when most players throw the attachment on their sidearm, two of which can one shot an infil.
    • Lack of things to do if you infiltrated, whether it be into the enemy base or behind enemy lines.
      • In the base an infil can only hack base installations, generators, if there is an active link to the base meaning sending advance teams to weaken the enemies position is unfeasible. Equipment terminals were removed for performance reasons so switching to another class and laying down CE isn't possible in many bases. So infils are left with turrets, which while fun gets tiresome after the killing the 500th MBT with *** shots.
      • In the open field a stalker is left with little more than killing. Although I've done some scouting for armor pushes when my outfit was heavily active, clearing mines & salute style reports etc. I quickly learned doing this on a flash was more efficient. Infils can't mess with enemy equipment like motion detectors or spawn beacons causing them to malfunction, can't do anything about vehicles, no explosive bolts don't count. The most advanced thing I can do with load up with EMP grenades and find enemy tank mines and wait for some guy who saw Fury to drive over them.
    2. Redeploy
    • Gut it, if someone redeploys they can respawn at the warp gate or their last spawn location. Replace with expanded instant action, if someone wants action that second let them have it by allowing IA to be used outside warp gate, put it on the 10 second countdown timer and give it a couple minute cool down. They get their instant action while being unable to choose exactly where. As of now redeploy is too easily utilized to redeploy jump around the map instead of traveling.
    3. New meat
    • Quite simply we need new players.
    • No clue how to do this, I'm sure DBG has some complex mathematical formula for gaining new players and player retention. More targets would be appreciated.
  18. Alchemist44

1. Connectivity issues during alerts or maybe just in general.
    2. Skyguard and AA in general is boring and unrewarding.
    3. Diminishing playerbase.
  19. Dowlphin

1. Bugs, glitches, various flaws. The whole quality thing. (lately especially the messed-up tank and turret controls)
    2. Business practices
    3. Antisocial people deciding to play a team game
  20. Tommyp2006

You've been here long enough to know better.

1. bugs
    2. Redeployside
    3. Render distance imbalance