DBG please... Concept art any1?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MaDiv, Apr 26, 2015.

1. JudgeNu

[IMG]
    Generator on Ground level outside the base which generates the Vehicle Bay Shield.
    Inside Vehicle Bay is a Generator for the Biolab Dome Shield.
    SCU remains as is.
  2. orangejedi829

Are you referring to the tech plant? That does look cool, but that's simply a good model that we sadly never got in the real game. No graphical superiority here, however.
  3. orangejedi829

Here's a few of my recent screenshots. This is a really nice looking game in its current state, IMO.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Up x 4
  4. MaDiv

I was reffering to the overall-look.
  5. Joorald

*sees amazing quality screenshots*
    *writhes in envy and want for a better but cheap PC*
    • Up x 2
  6. orangejedi829

Hmm, all I see is different models/textures. Plus, take a look at the buildings under the lab. They're, like, floating on some flat-green-miasma of a surface. Or take a look at 0:49. The rocks and the flash in that scene look like they're painted onto the scene or floating in the void; there's no AO or shadows on them. (Just my opinion, of course)
  7. orangejedi829

Hah, thanks! ;)
  8. ColonelChingles

I'll add some vehicle ones:

The Vanguard:

[IMG]

Had coaxial 2x 20mm autocannon, a mine-clearing bulldozer blade, a close-in-weapon defense system to knock out incoming rockets, integrated smoke grenades, air-burst munitions to knock out infantry behind cover, and an artillery mode.

The Prowler:

[IMG]

Had a burst-firing main cannon, an extra HMG and an extra LMG, optional flamethrower, integrated ECM/stealth systems, and integrated smoke grenades. Also meant to fllllyyyyyy.

The Lightning:

[IMG]

Had two different weapons, a 12mm anti-infantry chaingun and an anti-tank guided missile.

The Mosquito:

[IMG]

Meant to be the light fighter craft for air superiority. 12mm main nose cannon. Natural top speed was only 125 KPH, up to 300 KPH with afterburners.

The Reaver:

[IMG]

The heavier ground-attack craft. 30mm main cannon and various rockets and guided missiles. No afterburner though, and fairly slow (125 KPH).

The Galaxy:

[IMG]

Surprisingly much less heavily armed with only a 20mm nose cannon and 2x tail HMGs.
    • Up x 2
  9. PKfire

The concealed cockpit look is such a better futuristic art design than what we have now. I wish they would make a pass on vehicle designs in the future if and when they get the opportunity.
    • Up x 1
  10. ColonelChingles

It was really weird because you'd think the only reason to give the aircraft clear cockpits would be to see the pilot inside.

But in PS2 the cockpits are completely empty, so not only do you not get the aesthetic pleasure of seeing the pilot inside the aircraft, you also get the silly situation where the aircraft are piloted by ghosts or something.
    • Up x 2
  11. Foxirus

I want the changing weather...
  12. PKSpark

Do you think TR homeland would better fit as a volcanic continent?
    Red, black and grey faction palette bring me the idea of volcano, magma rivers, acid rains and ashes battlegrounds...