What are the most infuriating bases to cap?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jake the Dog, Apr 26, 2015.

1. Jake the Dog

I would like to know what everyone thinks are the hardest bases to cap on each continent. Keep it down to 3 per continent.
    For Indar Im going to say:
    Indar excavation, crossroads, and coramed

Esamir:
    Watersons redemption (aka the Octagon), Saerro Listening post and Mathersons

Amerish:
    Bastion, NC arsenal and Subterranean nanite

Hossin:
    I have no idea I hate that continent and avoid playing there due to odd, and completely illogical base design.
  2. OldMaster80

Indar: Howling Checkpass. That's a fortress, extremely defensible and very hard to catch from Ns Abandoned Office without a good plan.

Esamir: Saerro Listening post. C is hard to defend, B and A are hard to capture.

In general I hate all Biolabs as there are many choke points and they're farming paradise if the enemy is waiting for you.
  3. Devrailis

Any base where the squad leaders are idiots and the pubbies are all playing bushwookie snipers.

Otherwise, every base can be capped.
  4. MetalCotton

Indar Comm Array and all Biolabs. I hate farms.
  5. Liewec123

easily the god dam Heyoka Chemical Plant on Amerish an island base surrounded by instant death water, the only entry is several hilariously farmable bridges. if Amerish is the Alert continent and your enemy has Heyoka, you're screwed.

unless its under defended and a large zerg outfit comes along to steamroll it, forget trying to capture this dam base!
    • Up x 1
  6. Jake the Dog

Completely forgot about that base... I hate it as infantry however as a tanker on the defense its easy points because you just drive around killing sunderers and tanks that have nothing better to do so they try to farm infantry.
    • Up x 1
  7. Mxiter

I'm surprise that scarred mesa(indar) and auraxis firearms arn't yet mentionned.

Anyway, most of bases are way harder to take than defend with even pop and redeployside and defense cert bonus makes it even worse considering the high number of farmers the meta (or the lack of it) actually invovle.
  8. JudgeNu

The ones when I play NC.
    You pick the 3.
    • Up x 1
  9. MuggieWara

The Crown?Anyone??
  10. LodeTria

The crown is a joke of it's former self.
    Subterranean Nanite Analsis is another hard one, but if you manage to get to the point it becomes the easiest to take ever. IF you can get to the point. If not prepare for one explosive fight down 1 hole and 1 tiny corridor.
  11. Liewec123

new crown sucks and its pretty easy to cap since the attackers can spawn alot closer to 2 of the points than the defenders.
    i miss spending a whole day at old crown!
    • Up x 1
  12. Nalothisal

Better add Blackshard Tungsten on that list, and Ikinam.
  13. Archiadus

14. prodo123

Indar: Quartz Ridge wins, hands down. It's harder than the Crown and Howling Pass because you, the attacker, cannot deploy Sunderers next to points. The other two are up there as well, but QRC is harder.
    Scarred Mesa is moderately difficult, but not as hard. Airdrops + spawn suppression will win the base. It's just a pain in the butt to get to that point, so no one attacks the base. Regent Rock is also somewhat finicky.

Esamir: Saerro, yeah. That stupid C point placement...Despite most people's opinions, once Waterson's gets rolling into a spawn camp it's easy to cap. It's getting there that's hard.
    Also, Jaeger's Crossing, especially if you're coming from Jaeger's Fist. And naturally the only tech plant in the continent is also pretty hard to cap because of walls everywhere.

Amerish: Good old SNA :p, the new Ikanam and NC Arsenal. Heyoka Chem Lab is hard only if you attack from ground.

Hossin: Offal Pit, or as we like to call it, the Awful Pit.
  15. WUNDER8AR

All of Indar
    All Biolabs
    Subterrain
  16. FieldMarshall

Indar Excavation
    Howling Pass
    Scarred Mesa
  17. Copasetic

Subterranean Grenade Analysis
  18. Cinnamon

Esamir.

Snowshear watchtower. One of the stronger tower bases in the game in close proximity to a warpgate with a design that makes it exceptionally easy to clean up sunderers. Also suffers from being near to andvari barracks. You can easily get stuck in groundhog day in this area for many hours bouncing between these bases.

Andvari south bank. To take it you have to sit in a tiny building that will be taking all sorts of fire from all angles with defenders reinforcing it easily with numbers from all angles. It's just really brutal going into that small ****** building time and time again to be kicked out.

Eisa southern camp. My least favourite design type is the "bowl" type base where the point is at the bottom of a bowl and there is a ridge all around with cover so anyone who goes into the middle has 100 people shooting at them.

Indar.

There are a lot of bases on indar that are really easy to defend so many can be so frustrating that you just don't want to so it's hard to say for sure. But J908 Impact site. For all the time I've spent on Indar I can't think of a single time I had a good fight on this base.

Indar Exavation site is unusual in the game in that is a tower with such flat terrain all around it that if defenders decide to man it properly then it can be very hard to get anything close to it.

Amerish.

Clegg's impregnable underground lair.

Lithcorp fortress and Rockslide I don't like just because they are such "worst of redeployside" type bases. Mass spawn in then flood the very hard to defend control point below the spawn room.

Kwahtee mountain complex. Just, I have no idea.

Hossin.

No real strong opinion since I play less here. Nason's Defiance, Offal Pit, "Construction Site." Don't really like them. In general don't like playing on hossin bases as they are often too flat or filled with choke points or weird mazes.
  19. Leftconsin

Mulac Pass
    Genudine Physics Lab