HA SHIELD IS OP !!!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ReNz0r, Apr 24, 2015.

1. ReNz0r

NOT RLY but still so many people claim this. Here is why I don't agree.

Im rly interested to hear whta you guys think about this so please comment :D

• Up x 10
  2. LodeTria

The problem is there's no downsides to HA. Pretty glowly lights don't count as some people think it does.
    It can be AV/AA/AI all in one with no sacrifices. Even MAXes aren't that versatile.
    • Up x 9
  3. HadesR

That's the problem .. When ever HA's are brought up people fixate on the shield or quickly jump down the posters throat " The shield is fine " even if the shield was never mentioned ..

HA's biggest problem isn't the shield .. It's it swiss army knife loadouts that the shield is just a part of..
    • Up x 5
  4. Kristan

Downsides: Cant heal, can't fly, can't fix stuff, can't lay mines, can't snipe.

On the serious HA downside is LMGs has worse accuracy than carbines/assault rifles.
  5. ReNz0r

If anything is OP is the fact that HA can flick on the shield jump to cover and use med kits that give them god mode for a second. Id worry about the God Mode not the shield
  6. PrimePriest

You totally should make a topic "OMG LA with Jaguar 4x scope OP" :D
  7. Tbone

Thank you.
    • Up x 1
  8. Copasetic

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't you saying to beat an HA you only need to play better and smarter than he does? Where's the balance in that? Assume he's as good and as smart as you, who's more effective then?

I guess I just don't get it.
    • Up x 10
  9. Butterlander

Anyone can hand pick a bunch of fights where they win against heavies with various advantages or simply against players with poor aim or who can barely find what's shooting them.

And up to and exceeding double the mag size, with less drop-off than carbines. I'd take an LMG for LA over carbines any day.
  10. Quikloc007

"I guess I just don't get it."

Nope, you really just don't get it. Re-watch the video until you do. Admittedly, you do actually have to listen and watch to realize how silly your comment comes across.:rolleyes:
    • Up x 1
  11. Scr1nRusher

But see this is forumside aka the Chaos Warp.
  12. Alan Kalane

Let me explain
    You DO NOT want to face a HA on his terms playing some other class. That's just silly and it's gonnah get you killed. If you expect to face an enemy HA in conditions optimal for that class then you should either avoid that or pull a HA yourself to negate the enemy advanatge. In fact, if you have no idea what will happen it's probably safe to pull a HA or CM as they are the most versatile infantry classes in the game.
    • Up x 1
  13. Scr1nRusher

I can face HA's fine head on as any other class.

Maybe thats just because i know how to aim(headshots),engage and position.
    • Up x 3
  14. Alan Kalane

He asked how to engage an enemy heavy of similiar or higher skill level and win so I told him. You don't need tips on how to rek players who are worse than you
  15. Scr1nRusher

I was technically backing up your post.
  16. Kristan

What's the point of mag size if you will miss lots of shots, which most likely will get you killed?
  17. Mezramort

... the Terran Republic faction still wonders...
    • Up x 5
  18. JaimeGabriel

I can't even count the number of times I died being HA because of being in the front line of everything. The first to rush, the first to get shot, the first to get hit by all sorts of things.

And people complain about the shields. :p
  19. wrenched

You statement that the average ps2 player is bad so their opinions don't matter is offensive.

Stating that players must be bad because so many watch your videos is also offensive (I mean seriously, 5k max views?)

And as someone who can pull better stats than you without relying on HA, you're wrong.
  20. Mezramort