[Emerald] AOD FLED THE TR

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ballto21, Apr 22, 2015.

1. quatin

I'd rather be underpoped than roll with a zerg.

Those 1000 folks who are so dedicated to zerging that they follow AoD to the NC aren't the type of players you want on your team anyways. I would rather TR be underpopped and have a few good NC players who are tired of zerging switch over.

This also gives an opportunity to the newbies to learn squad tactics instead of leaning on AoD as a crutch.
  2. Lenox

Despite their outfit name being edgier than a razor blade, AOD has been helping NC win some alerts lately.
  3. TheBlindFreak

Great, my home faction is getting even more awful. Glad I finally made the switch to an alt.
  4. Jolanar

Since I was an AOD member for a short time and have a decent amount of veteran TR experience, I feel like I should weigh in.

Despite all of the negative feedback that AOD got from all three factions, they played a major role in mobilizing TR offenses. When we were locked in stalemates or losing territory to either faction, AOD was able to provide enough force to break the offensive or counter-push. The fact that they have decided to split their efforts to multiple factions does not bode well for future TR engagements because they will be lacking a significant availability of pressure.

If TR does not have overwhelming numbers or favorable weapon archetypes for capturing bases (accuracy/damage), then TR must rely solely on strategy and skill which only gets you so far, especially when you are dealing with superior numbers. Let's face it, for whatever reason during alerts both NC and VS apply an asymmetric amount of pressure on TR.

I for one will be interested to see what this shift does for the population dynamic. My prediction is that TR will lose most of the alerts and NC may win a few more alerts. The real troubles begin when newer players who have not invested much money into one faction transition over to a faction that is more appealing due to high win rate and what is often misinterpreted as improved coordination (which is actually just higher player numbers).
  5. EViLMinD

Freedom doesn't respect stackers!
    The NC could do with less clueless whoopleheads bubbling through Auraxis failing like the filthy failures they are, but at least they aren't 4th faction weenies.

Go back to your despot loving side, you cowards.

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  6. Lenox

Such hostility. You'd think people would be pleased to have the additional manpower.
    • Up x 1
  7. Konstantinn

Almost makes you think they enjoy losing.....
  8. CWorth

Just what the NC needs, this worthless cancer spreading over and infecting it.

And you thought TK'ing on the NC was bad already, wait till these useless clowns show up to a fight. There will be more NC deaths at their hands than any other.

Go back to the TR, you are not wanted here. Better yet just get off of Emerald as no one here wants you anywhere.
  9. Ballto21

No need to be a major *******. Ive ben told theyre just doing nc ops more often at the moment, im (and i dont think anyone is) unsure if theyre moving forever now
    • Up x 1
  10. Ronin Oni

AOD may not be a good outfit, but they are the LARGEST outfit on Emerald TR....

They may be largely mismanaged and over-zerg... but now Emerald TR won't even have that?

Emerald TR can't afford the player loss. If it's JUST the leaders and the AOD members all go to other outfits (and don't just quit either) then, and only then, could it be beneficial to TR.

As an Emerald TR player, AOD bugs the hell outta me with their wasteful use of players, as they get outmaneuvered... but at least they give some sort of front line and push some territory, and other platoons are able to do work on other lanes in part due to some enemy being tied up with AOD.

AOD needs to learn from my man RUMBLETOUGH on ConneryVS. I didn't join his Wildcards outfit, but I've ran with him a few times, and he splits his platoon up to prevent overzerging. If the enemy doesn't check him, he'll have his platoon going down 4 lanes at once. When the enemy responds, he pulls back to focus on the the defenders. Always uses very simple tactics, but doesn't overzerg.

Who'da thunk it.
    • Up x 1
  11. Ronin Oni

did you not see populations last night?

NC had HUGE pop. VS sitting down around 30% and TR less than that.
  12. Ballto21

what the hell is your characters name. i want to shoot plasma at you while you dakka me
  13. Ronin Oni

I barely play these days... play more forumside than planetside.

My Emerald TR char is GotDaMovesLikeJaeger

Jaeger server best server!
    • Up x 2
  14. ronjahn

no one except AOD and those who want easy mode ZERG wins, wants to have +40% population on their side. It's not good for the server to have random nights per week where one faction is vastly overpopulated. I noticed they were pushing TR whose pop was around 25% of the server for a large portion of the alert to make matters worse.
    • Up x 1
  15. JudgeNu

I see no reason for alarm, and frankly I agree with EvilMind cuz I am hardcore.
    But I have grown weary of casual NC.
    I was just pointing out that this type of behavior has been going on for a spell or two.
  16. Hatesphere

damn right it was.
    • Up x 2
  17. Ronin Oni

You expect AOD to want to push against AC/GOKU?? o_O
  18. Lenox

In my short experience watching them, they were redeploying to bases totally under siege—specifically by the VS. It's nice to have a sizable force watching out for the smaller bases getting snagged by the bad guys. It relieves pressure for the dedicated NC outfits trying to make an offensive. That's not to say they're an essential asset to the team. I have also seen them flub offensives where they had superior numbers.

My point isn't that AOD will lead NC to victory, no offense to their Outfit. I'm simply saying that there's no need to be rude to a group of people contributing to the team. Sure, they make mistakes--big mistakes--but they try. I can't fault them for effort. Rather than continuously harp on them, teach them. Show them by example and helpful suggestion what they're doing wrong, and what they can do to improve. In an amiable tone, of course.

Rather than chastise them, show them how the NC's Outfits do it. They'll be better players for it, and they might stick around and continue to help the NC, and get better at helping us.
  19. EViLMinD

I encountered some of these... people, last night, and it was frustrating. Engineers who ignored broken maxes when it was painfully f'n obvious AND completely safe to rep them. Medics who wouldn't res in the teleport room. Pilots who ran allies over without any effort to avoid them.

We don't need any more of this kind of crap in the NC. It's not unreasonable to expect a basic level of sportsmanship; a little courteous teamplay in the right situations makes the game not suck.

If this is the standard behavior from this outfit then gawd help us. I thought PHX and SubG were bad. Holy F.

And, people who stack a side for an alert are morons. The benefits from earning a few extra exp points for the faction win vs gaining extra exp for everything you do whilst underpoped is no comparison.

Stupid people ruin everything. Well... except for religious/political leaders. They thrive on the ignorant and soft-headed. In video games, everyone loses.
  20. Tycoh

Why are you apologizing? Some people in TR should be celebrating. Now NC... good luck with them NC.