Question . New owners going to finally balance this mess ?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Blackbird, Apr 22, 2015.

1. Blackbird

The previous SOE was horrible . It created a game with no balance and did not fix it . They quoted data and not fact ( It appears the new owners are doing the same ) .
    There are multiple balance issues people could name . Most are wrong or trying to protect their stats . Im going to go on at length about AIR . Instead of just ranting about AIR saying . ITS OP . ITS OP, ITS OP . I went and tested the Lib and ESF .
    4 seconds yep 4 seconds . That is how long it takes a LIB to destroy a MBT . Using only ONE of its THREE guns .
    4 Seconds to kill a SKYGAURD using only ONE of its THREE guns .
    The Lib I used had a Hi G Airframe and topped out at 180 kph

The MBTs A30 Walker and the SKYWIMP took 20 seconds on a Lib with NO composite armor
    The MBT topped out at 60 KPH

So it takes 5 times .. 5 TIMES ( yep caps ) longer to destroy a LIB in a vehicle that moved at 1/3 the speed of the LIB .

The SKYWIMP . That is the really SAD part . This is a vehicle who's soul purpose is kill enemy planes takes 5 times longer to kill a Lib . A Lib can have 3 different guns for doing 3 different functions and the SKYWIMP cant even do the ONE thing it was made for . FREAKING SAD >

Now I don't know what data they used to come up with this system . Balance is NOT in the data or the system . There is NO possible excuse for this . IT IS NOT BASED IN REALITY . There is currently gun systems that can destroy multiple fighter planes in seconds not to mention current misslle tech . SOE has created a system where players join learn to fly farm the majority of its players until BR100 then switch faction rinse and repeat .

I would think that if a company wanted to be successful they would not let a small minority of players farm their largest customer base for over 2 years .
  2. _itg

Go fly a lib on a live server, then come back and post your new opinions.
  3. Yuki10

Of course not. That would require a competent team.
  4. Blackbird

Been playing since beta . I might want to actually fly a Lib one day .
  5. ronjahn

This is going to be good, but I'll keep my comments simple.

I take it you did this testing in the VR room?

A lib must get point blank on a tank to kill it that quickly. Which in actual combat situations is a lot easier said then done. Try it, record it, and come back to us on how easy and OP it is to fly one of them. The numbers you are using in your defense don't tell anywhere near the whole story.

I agree with you on the effectiveness of Skyguards though. Skyguards should be buffed against air damage. I've proposed increasing resistance against all aircraft weapons when a Skyguard turret is equipped in numerous threads on the topic.

Don't take me for a lib pilot either. I've probably spent more time in a Vanguard then most people have played the game, but disagree completely with your stance on Lib versus MBT balance. Libs are simply made to take out tanks; FFS the damn pilots gun is called "tankbuster"

You do also realize that the "new owners" slimmed down the staff and the game is actually being developed by the same people, just a lot less of them? I doubt Columbus Nova cares about balance in PS2.
  6. Blackbird

Love how people get on here and voice their thoughts . That is what forums are for .

Been playing since beta
    TR BR100
    NC BR63
    NC BR33
    VS BR63
    VS BR33

Yes I did the testing in the VR . Where there was NO possible miss chance . THATS WHY IT WAS DONE IN THE VR .

Tankbuster . 4 seconds kills MBT . Zephyer farming infantry and a Walker/Drake/Bulldog doing what ever it likes on the back . Think both cost 450 resources . Where is the balance ?

Put a AA gun on the MBT that kills a Lib in 4 seconds then that would be ALMOST balanced . ALMOST .

The LIB would still move 3 times faster and have 2 OTHER guns to hit the tank with .

FACT
  7. Baracuda

Balance the game? Balance? HAHAHAHAHAHA, that's a good one. The airspergs will cry until they get buffed instead of nerfed, VS will never get big nerf, TR will be bounced around everywhere, and the NC will always get ignored and/or nerfed.

Welcome to Planetside 2.
  8. Morti

This is a badly disguised NERF TANKBUSTER thread.

Though I agree. The TB is meant to be a high risk, high reward weapon. Liberators, however, have the advantage of being able to pick and choose their prey. They seldom ever use it in scenarios where there is actual risk.

They should tone down the magazine size to like 20-25 and nerf it's effectiveness vs air imo. Lib vs lib encounters usually depend who ganks who first with a TB magazine. Maybe people will actually begin using the other nose guns for a change.
  9. 00000000000000000000

"They used information for their balancing instead of using information for their balancing!"
    • Up x 3
  10. Blackbird

No it is not a NERF the TANKBUSTER thread . I have one with the 44 round mag .

THIS IS GIVE US SOME FREAKING AA THREAD . After 2 years FFS .
  11. NoobStylerIGERI

thats exactli the time, how Long a SKYGUARD Need to shredd an ESF :/
    Sure there is no Balance 350Nanites 1 Man vihecle vs 350 Nanites 1 man Aircraft.
    Skyguard should take longer..
    So with ur logic, i have to say, nerf SKYGUARD,
    • Up x 1
  12. Blackbird

Yeh data is set thing . If you set the data to just include kill vs kill then that is ALL that it will show .

It does not show . That this kill was a new guy BR 14 unless you include that in the data gathering .

Like when a cop gathers data on a accident . He might have a idea of how fast you were going but doubt he can tell you had the music turned way up and couldn't hear the horns .
  13. ronjahn

Why even fly a Lib if the target you are intended to take out, MBTs, have a weapon that can kill you as easily and quickly. This game can't be balanced simply on 1v1 TTK.

I'm all for more and better realized AA options, but a MBT gun that kills Libs in 4 seconds? Lol good thing you aren't doing game balance for PS2. We'd have aircrafts flying at 60kph or MBTS driving at 180.

How much lib time do you have on all those characters?
  14. Ballto21

Honestly, truely, in all of my heart, i think AA is balanced.

Against ESFs.

Libs i can fully understand the frustration but i seriously dont think libs need nerfing or AA needs buffing.

I think Galaxies need a durability buff however because of what they're supposed to do.

That said, i do think there is an issue with ground based AA. My proposal is adding more AA units to the game designed to specific tasks. Currently, bursterrs and skyguards and locks are very good against esfs (spoken from experience on both sides) and i dont think need changing, except lockon rockets losing dumbfire ability. Maybe a velocity buff on the skyguard and a slightly tightened cof.

I would like to see a walker variant that fires like a banshee (or vulcan) with medium velocity (600 maybe) but deals a ****ton of damage to libs and gals but less to esfs, or since it cant explode in a radius the same but its just harder to land shots. It would need its own damage type and lowered resistance on libs/gals. think that instead of that 20 second ttk its a 10 second TTK.

Ive flown a lib in VR and in live, and trust me its not as easy as one might think. the tankbuster, while VERY strong, is not easy to aim and has a bad damage dropoff model as well as low velocity and needing several thousand certs for the lib to even be usable.

Ive been know to fly A2G scythes, and the only thing that strikes me as silly strong is hornets. halving the damage per rocket (or some other change) would solve that, but even then its not terrible as is now.

The airhammer is silly strong though. Ive flown and been on the recieving end. It needs to be change against MAXES ONLY, since it can fairly easily tank a burster and OHK-2HK it.

As for the VS portion of this response, were not mega op, nc weapons are great (mercenary is love, mercinary is life) and as for the TR, they are the hardest faction to balance because of their trait. Dakka is not an easy thing to keep in line. You cant have ranged dakka, because theyed outclass everyone else with sheer DPS, you cant have only cqc dakka, because theyed be outclassed by everything at midrange and outclass everything at close range, midrange dakka also has issues like that.

im not saying the tr are op, or up, but just a ***** to work with.

As for the NC, your weapons are great. Featuring such hits as
    >Anchor
    >Godsaw
    >EM6
    >Cyclone
    >Railjack
    >Canister
    >Airhammer
    >Reaper DMR
    >A-Tross
    >GD7f
    >ACX-11
    >Mercenary
    >Jackhammer
    >Shotgun maxes have best MAXVMAX TTK and best AI TTK
    >Ravens
    >Phoenixes (spawnroom warriors unite!)
    >Gauss SAW (Bad as a starter, personally i think you should get an EM1 as a starter and GAUSS costing 500 certs)

And many more!
  15. Blackbird

NO with my logic I would take away at least one of the ESFs guns .

One pilot , heck lets give him the ability to farm ANYTHING with Rocket Pods .

No lets give him a Rotary to fight air and Hornets to kill tanks .

No lets give the ESF the ability to hover so they can hit the same target OVER AND OVER AND OVER

No lets give him the ability to move at 200 kph

Stop trying to defend air in this game . IT IS SOOOOOO OP

They need to give us AA that is just as effective as Air is at Ground targets
  16. Blackbird

Tankbuster . 4 seconds kills MBT . Zephyer farming infantry and a Walker/Drake/Bulldog doing what ever it likes on the back . Think both cost 450 resources . Where is the balance ?

Put a AA gun on the MBT that kills a Lib in 4 seconds then that would be ALMOST balanced . ALMOST .

The LIB would still move 3 times faster and have 2 OTHER guns to hit the tank with .

FACT

Is this not true ?
    Answer the question .
    Now where is the balance ?
  17. Yessme

Yep AA is OP, skyguard vs ESF is too havy and not balanced.. 350 v350 / 4 sec...
    this Need a nerf + bulletdrop @ 250m.
  18. Blackbird

19. ronjahn

Its true that Libs have 3 guns and fly faster then tanks drive. They also require 3 gunners to be at optimal use and would be completely useless if they had the same speed as a Tank.

Your suggestion would break the air versus MBT balance that currently exists. What you are failing to see is that MBTs aren't supposed to be on equal footing with a Tankbusting Liberator. If you can shoot it with your Main cannon and also have a walker equipped, you should really have no problem at all keeping Libs away if not killing them outright because they never expect an AA MBT.

And who even uses or gets killed by the Zeyphr anymore? Hasn't it already been nerfed enough?

Now answer my question; how much time have you spent flying Libs?

Also use the reply button so people can tell who you are responding to, forumnoob.
  20. Vorpal_Spork

Vehicles, like gingers, don't have souls.
    • Up x 1