Heavies STILL nonsensically overpowered?!?!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Wentonfeydon, Apr 21, 2015.

1. Wentonfeydon

I thought they were going to nerf the shield.

The shield needs a nerf.

It is not fun shooting a full mag into a heavy and they still stand(yes, this can and does happen due to damage drop-off). Heavies can literally win by having people run out of primary ammo on their absurdly durable shield. Bad gameplay, bad class design.
  2. SmallSpoiledBrat

Nerfing Heavies would be a gigantic blow to the community. It's the go to class for the people that consider themselves MLGpro's.

I have tried to have either the heavy class nerfed (I prefer the term 'bring more in line with' than nerfing tbh) or the other classes brought up to speed but it resulted in a pretty big backlash from the community. Hell, during my play time in this game at least 70% of the players I encounter either play heavy assaults of skill suits.

Nerfing people their bread and butter class would probably murder the community so that wouldn't be very smart. Either learn to play around them, learn to live with the fact that they are here to stay or learn the deal with them.. Since a few months now heavies became less and less of a problem since I actually started to aim for the head instead of the chest.
  3. Klypto

Play heavy yourself and be sure to send people tells on how much you are crutching on the shield to kill them.
    • Up x 6
  4. Ballto21

Every time i play heavy i can feel myself getting worse at the game.

But the "MUH IWINSHIELD" crowd will ***** and moan because they need the crutch.
    dont you admit heavy is a bs class and use it because its bs?
    • Up x 1
  5. Protovex

Just a suggestion, but how about leave the shield alone and remove the ability to get nanoweave from the heavy class instead?
  6. DeadlyPeanutt

i play engie main and have been playing heavy more recently. HA isn't a complete cakewalk.
    the problem with playing HA is that most of the players you run into are HA, so you're basically on even footing with most of the players. my reaction to HA when i'm an engie is to stand behind heavies or the max i'm repairing, but i can't do that when i'm playing HA.
    • Up x 2
  7. Yuki10

same - don't see HA and over-shield as anything overpowered...
    • Up x 8
  8. customer548

Heavies ?

I think this class should have a higher ressources cost. You'd be able to use it only because of game mechanics :
    - It would be impossible to get access to HA class in aeras with small AND equal numbers of defenders/invaders. ( Would make small skirnishes more interesting for all players )
    - HA class would be unlocked only if zerg incoming or large imbalance with numbers of defenders / opponents.

This class is cool to play, but i definitly think it induces an unfair balance. My favorite class is Infi. Each time i play HA, i feel a bit bad. I kill many people, cool. I kill Engis, Medics, Infis so easily ( during zergs, and for most of them ).
    Is it because of my gameplay, is it because of my "skill" ? No, My "victories" come only because of my shield, and of Medikits.
    Because when you have 2 noobs firing at you, just activate your shield, and you'll be the last one alive.
    Playing HA gives a free Margin of error ( +700 HP ). Other classes do not.

I can understand using HA class in very large fights like zergs, biolabs. But i do not understand that it's possible to use HAs in small / medium ones. It makes the game poor and unfair.

Players would have more fun and would learn more about the game if there were less HAs at each corner.

But i think Ha will not be nerfed. I guess HA is cool too for people having low latency connections, or not high end computers. They still can have fun with Ps2. "Marging of error", and i can understand it.
  9. Jake the Dog

This is a very silly post... my only reply can be git gud.
    • Up x 9
  10. WUNDER8AR

[IMG]
    • Up x 7
  11. Liewec123

the shield lets them survive what? 5-6 extra bullets from your 700rpm weapon?
    please don't exaggerate about pumping entire magazines in to them while they stand there chuckling like a demi-god.
    • Up x 3
  12. Alienhatman

Not all weapons are 143/700 and damage does drop-off. Many other classes will likely using weapons with worse drop-off than LMGs as well. The TTK difference is pretty major.

But using 143 as a standard:

143x30 = 4290 damage per mag
    125 past 10-15m x30 = 3750

HA + nanomesh health = 1700.

Doesn't look that bad, ~half a mag to kill a heavy. But that's with perfect accuracy. Realistically, players spending full mags against heavies isn't uncommon since average accuracy is probably around 25%. Players move around, some are behind cover, flinch can throw you off, etc. etc. You need about 40% accuracy to take down a full health/shield heavy using a 30 round mag 143 dmg gun, and a bit more than that past close ranges which can also mean recoil/CoF reduce accuracy further. HA can tank and collect free kills from a fair number of players due to this.

That's all assuming the HA doesn't kill the target faster, with their fairly big TTK advantage.

I don't care about HA getting nerfed or buffed TBH, I'd play other classes more if it happened but I'm fine with HA being the "default" class. Reality right now is that in straight up fights which are an unavoidable reality of PS2, Heavy Assaults win easily against all other classes - the question is only whether it's a balance problem which of course is subjective.
  13. toast2250

Dat chair, unfolding it like a boss!!!
  14. Vorpal_Spork

You're not hitting a heavy with a whole mag if he survived. Not unless you're trying to snipe with an SMG, in which case you died to stupidity, not the heavy. If the heavy has his shield on and you're using your weapons at the right range they take about two thirds of a mag on average.

Heavies are more likely to kill me, sure, but they're far from unkillable. This excludes cases where I get shot in the back or whatever and only includes fair fights of course. I'd say I have a 50/50 chance against a heavy. Other classes I have a 75% chance against. Considering other classes can heal, repair, hack, plant mines, shoot sensors everywhere, etcetera, and heavies can only kill stuff I think that's fair. It's not like the other classes don't stand a chance against them.

Only if they both have Parkinson's and can't hit the broad side of a barn at point blank. Assuming the players are half way competent you should be dying almost instantly with or without the shield. You anti-heavy people need to stop making up lies to support your position. If you need to do that your position is wrong. And I say that as someone who only plays heavy if there's a plane annoying me and I need to pull out a AA launcher or something like that. I probably play the class for a grand total of 5 minutes a day and the other 99% of the time I'm an engineer or medic.
    • Up x 1
  15. Fusionshadow

Problem with Heavy is that it ruins skill based gunplay. Fights in this game are more often dictated by class rather than skill, which should not be the case in ANY shooting game.
    • Up x 1
  16. customer548

Did anybody say "OMG, HAs unkillable oO" ? No.
    I can kill Has, we can kill HAs, but the fact is that's an easy and powered class . A class which gives a HP bonus which is "okay" but breaks the uniformity of other calsses fights.
    While firing at a HA, i'll spend more time than firing at other classes players.
    While firing other classes, if i'm an Ha, i know that's i'll have a delay of "Wtf am i doing". Other classes do not have this lapse of time of "wtf moments".
    Large corridors fights ? Tank, cover and kill everything, just use Medikits. Other classes would die.

As i said, i think HAs should have a higher ressources cost. Small/Medium fights : No access to Has. Zergs/Large fights ? Access to HAs granted. Would make the game more interesting for all players.

Perhaps should you play HA class and other classes for a longer time, in order to realize that there's a large gap between HA and other ones. You're talking about aircrafts. Yes Has have the tools to counter them, we all know it, and ...?
  17. Aidy

Alright, I get what you're saying, but I have an easy solution on how to deal with HA. Multiple ones, in fact!

Method 1:
    Don't be a scrub, stop crying because you make bad decisions in combat and die to a HA who is doing their job.

Method 2:
    Uninstall PS2 and do everyone a favour.

I recommend the second method.

Seriously though, HA is fine, I play HA a fair bit and I die just as easily as anyone else because my overshield can only protect me against a few extra bullets if I'm lucky, if I'm facing off against an NC player with one of their beastly shotguns then I'm screwed and I might as well just give up on that life and start thinking about my next one. I play as other classes a fair bit too, especially medic and engineer, and I've killed plenty of HAs with the STARTER WEAPONS because they are very good and - believe it or not - the overshield is not overpowered :OOOOO
  18. customer548

You're cute while trying to be offensive. Really, you are^^

But...Perhaps you do not manage your character in the right way if you do not understand what i'm saying.
    Perhaps you're not able to understand the gap between "i'm firing at this guy who has -700 HPs" and "i'm firing at this guy who has +700 HPs due to his/her class,and i'm an easy target because he has more HPS but same access to Medikits as i have". You're not ? I am.
    HAs is easier, more tanky if you take care of what you're doing enough, depending on the situation. You can make errors, you'll not die, or at least you'll ahve the time to realize it and to make corrections , depending on the situation.

"HAs' job" ? People are arguing about anti vehicules, front lines...I see HAs in small fights, being promoted by Outfits or total new players who jump from small skirmishes to smaller ones. "No vehicules since 20 mnutes in his aera ? Ok, let's redeploy there with 12 HAs"...come on...Not the '"HAs are here because it's their job" trick again.

It would be more interesting for new players ( especially less frustratig, i guess ), or for more experienced ones to give us the opportunity to have to deal with same HPs pool players fights.
    HAs restricted to large fights/zergs.
  19. Copasetic

"It's not OP because I can still kill them"

What kind of stupid argument is that? Does something have to be invincible for it to be OP?

I don't care about HA one way or the other but at least put some effort into your post.
    • Up x 3
  20. Alan Kalane

Have you tried aiming?
    There's literally no primary weapon that can run dry on a HA without missing 50% bullets.

And yeah, attacking a heavy soldier head on is probably a bad idea. You know what, Team Fortress also had a heavy class with much much more HP and a very strong weapon but nobody really complained...