Orion/ Betelgause Nerf?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Lekaseta, Feb 19, 2015.

1. Gutseen

TR have NS15 and...and... T-9 Carv
  2. Mianera

Either nerf the Betelgeuse or bring the other LMG's up to par with it.

It is stupididly overpowered.
  3. Scr1nRusher

0.75 ADS is a big reason why its so strong.
  4. Shanther

Lol no. Try again.
  5. Scr1nRusher

What makes the orion so strong?

The 0.75 ADS

What happens when you give a orion a limited ammo mechanic?

you have a 0.75 ADS LMG that not only mitigates the HA shield move speed penalty when the HA ADS with the shield on, but also the HA doesn't need to worry about ammo.
  6. Shanther

Heat ammo makes the BG strong, not 0.75 ADS. You could remove the ADS speed and people would still use the weapon simply because of the heat. You fail to realize the 0.75 is just extra.

Now learn to aim.
  7. Scr1nRusher

Ah yes the "learn to aim" saying that VS keep using to dismiss this argument.

0.75 ADS breaks the balance with the HA shield and thats why its a problem.
  8. Shanther

Lol.

NC HAs and TR HAs are just as strong as VS HAs. Hell for BR100s the Anchor was actually out performing (and still is) the Orion. Clearly we must nerf the Anchor. 0.75 ADS is only good against people who can't track a target. Farmers League proves this fact rather well. If 0.75 ADS were so broken as you claim VS would have absoutely dominated Farmers but that simply wasn't the case.
  9. Xen0n23

Funny when I switch to flare or ursa to aurax and use em in CQC, when I fight every TR and NC they start strafing/using NS-15m like mad men and while i'm shooting them i'm thinking (lol this idiot thinks i'm using the orion) and they still die.. to the ursa.. in cqc.. these are BR100 with 4+ KDR lol
  10. Scr1nRusher

If 0.75 ADS was removed from all LMG's that have it, would the players still do good?

Because if TR & NC players can do well with none 0.75 ADS LMG's then there should be no issue for VS to do the same.

Afterall its the player skill right? not the weapon strafing?
  11. Shanther

This isn't a reason to remove it. Sorry but I don't subscribe to catering to bad players.
  12. Scr1nRusher

Ah yes the "you guys are just bad" response VS players use.
  13. Shanther

You not liking it doesn't make it any less true. Farmers League has proved that it isn't the weapon. MSWRs, Anchors, Orions, and Cyclones were all out shooting one another just fine. The VS were not an overlly dominate faction.

The funny thing about your argument Medics and LAs actually move faster with a 0.75 ADS weapon then HAs do.
  14. Scr1nRusher

Cyclones are a SMG.

Also all weapons you listed are CQC focused weapons. Then again so many things are CQC focused in this game its no wonder why it has so many issues, but I digress.....

Also, don't you find it quite amusing that the only time they are equal to VS is if they use weapons that are like the Orion?
  15. Shanther

I know the Cyclone is a SMG. It is also an SMG that is very commonly used by top NC HA players, along side the Anchor.

We must shift the meta into Revolutionary War style. Infils with Ghosts only in open fields. This game has buildings there is no getting around CQC.

I'm sorry but I would fully expect to lose a fight in CQC against a CQC weapon if I was using a long range weapon.
  16. Scr1nRusher

HA's shouldn't have SMG access, but thats another topic.

But really now one of the biggest issues with PS2 is everything is over focused on CQC to a point where the bases are to small for the large scale fights that happen.
  17. ATRA_Wampa-One

So because you think the game should be radically different than what it is (and can be because larger bases puts a huge load on your computer and the server to where things stop rendering) we should nerf CQC weapons?

How about you use the LMG's as they are since they're probably the most balanced of all the weapon classes and enjoy the game instead of trying to hijack it into what only you want.
  18. Scr1nRusher

sigh, your not getting the point.
  19. qiray12

Then what is?
    The orion isnt stronger then many other lmgs it just makes the user dance but even if you just aim well you will not feel that yourre fighting a orion.

Yes its a strong weapon but so is the msw-r and the carv for that matter they are even on paper.

And if you claim it "OP" then go vs and play it and if you dont just shut up plz.
  20. Baracuda

The reason why people say the orion/betelgause are overpowered is mainly because of lower recoil and better ADS speed and players start off with the orion which is arguably the BEST LMG in the game which is ridiculous since both the TR and NC have to use certs or pay money to get a weapon that sort of operates like the orion. Don't bring the cyclone or really anything not an LMG into this, its not even the same weapon class as the orion.