[Suggestion] C4 The bane of epicness

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Snifnix, Apr 19, 2015.

1. Snifnix

I put some hours into the game now and played on and off since it started. I figure I could write a small article. But I'm not going to. Instead I'll lump all of my misgivings about PS2 into a single bag and tag that bag C4.

Outside the zerg where you're sort of protected by spam, C4 is guaranteed to ruin the fun. Not just for the people being blown up, but for everyone since it's an extremely efficient killer of any drama or epicness that might be building up.

Any sort of dynamic that involves combined arms, any kind of struggle to create a foothold, any kind of measures and countermeasures, any investment into hardware to breach or hold off, all are turned to **** by flying men who toss packets that can destroy anything with a single click of a button.
    Ever heard the word anticlimax? C4 is the epitome of cheating the players out of a cool story bro.

C4. Change how it is placed or remove it. It's such a small thing that would benefit the game tremendously.

Thanks for reading.
    • Up x 1
  2. Armcross

Actually 2 clicks with significant delay in between.
    • Up x 4
  3. ronjahn

Good luck with this post my friend. You have awakened the fairies.
  4. PrimePriest

inb4 *something**something* LA no purpose *something*
    • Up x 1
  5. TheFamilyGhost

Someone died to C4 right before they were going to own the world.
    • Up x 8
  6. BlueSkies

https://www.planetside2.com/players/#!/5428013610488430897/killboard

Dies to C4, logs off and makes forum post complaining about C4. Yep...

C4 is a countermeasure. Kind of like all those tank mines you put down.
    • Up x 2
  7. UnDeaD_CyBorG

Oh man.
    Let me turn that story around:
    A Locked down Prowler without secondary gunner is sitting on a hill shelling a base, completely killing that close Infantry fight that would otherwise evolve.
    A lone Light Assault Climbs the Hill, flies over, barely manages to evade a return shot and blows up the tank.
    The fight can commence, and even the TRs Infantry are probably not all that miffed about the occurrence.
    Everything has two sides; C4 takes a second to arm after being dropped, and is one of the Prime counters Infantry has to MAXes and heavy vehicles in enclosed spaces.
    Nothing is more anticlimatic than two sides wailing on each other for an hour, and C4 is the ideal tiebreaker.
    @Armcross: I feel honoured.^^
    • Up x 2
  8. Lucidius134

I like double c4 on HA but being a c4 santa is not very popular i've noticed.

Also, when tank mines got nerfed and becamed the least optimal sundy spawn option, everyone runs blockade and now double c4 + rocket doesn't instagib sundies :(

W/ Blockade it can take like, 2 c4, 2-3 rockets/an AV nade and some Hunter Explosive Bolts.
  9. NC supporter

C4 is the weapon to end things. We all have to have an insta-kill weapon. For example, when I'm stuck fighting 20 whiterun guards for stealing a sweet roll, I'll pop a shout in order to get out of that location. Since no one wants a drawn out battle in this era of gaming standards. Removing c4 could work in the 2000s with the original planetside but not right now with our current demographic.
  10. EliteEskimo

Not that I don't agree from both a infantry and vehicle standpoint, because C4 on LA's isn't remotely balanced like it is on other infantry classes, but every time SOE has tried to reduce the lethality of C4 the LA community rages hard.
  11. Copasetic

I've seen a lot of anti-C4 posts in my time but this might be one of the lamest, sorry. You can sum up the OP as "C4 ruined my killstreak so it should be nerfed".
    • Up x 4
  12. NC supporter

We have a different demographic when compared to 10 years ago. DBG is desperate on keeping whatever money they have so they don't want to lose all the casuals.
  13. ronjahn

I propose that when an LA tosses a c4 brick, they are forced to answer a challenging math equation.

This will take away the uncertainty of whether the person who killed me played "smart" or if it was some dumb scrub who happened to be in the right place at the right time.
    • Up x 3
  14. BlueSkies

The entire game is designed with casual play in mind. Its why there really isn't any penalty to running HA or MAXs, spam pulling vehicles, medics that can revive unlimited numbers of people, ammo packs for days, infils with more than pistols, and C4 that can be thrown.

Hell, there really isn't a single playstyle in this game that can't be described as cheesy.

That being said... dying to C4 is an activity that relies heavily on the victim(s) making some poor choices.
  15. EliteEskimo

C4 doesn't rely on you making a bad decisions, it relies on you being distracted for 2 seconds.
  16. Ianneman

Give C4 bricks a bright light and a 1.5 second extra delay.

Problem solved.
  17. BlueSkies

Distracted for 2 seconds... anything can kill you. Nerf everything?
  18. z1967

WHO HAS AWAKEN ME FROM MY SLUMBER?!?

Because they get a discount on their next order of pixie bricks!
    • Up x 3
  19. EliteEskimo

Well except for the fact most things just don't randomly appear in the sky as small as a single infantry, instagibbing just about anything infantry or vehicle. C4 is balanced on ground restricted classes which have to get within melee range bto use C4. This does not hold true for LA. C4 itself is fine outside of doing 75% damage to a MBT per stick, it should do 47.5%, and the fact it is on LA which it never should've been given too.
    • Up x 1
  20. Liewec123

90% of the time people get c4ed its because they have no situational awareness and are camping in a vulnerable spot.
    there is the odd occasion where someone like me will be playing drifter LA and using jump pads to get high above the battlefield so we can C4 anyone, anywhere, but like i said, the most time people get c4'd it is because they've over extended and went into a vulnerable spot.
    • Up x 4