Harasser-vulcans are still way overpowered.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Dreez, Apr 18, 2015.

1. dstock

I came here to defend my farm, but then I started reading the comments and I can't take any of you seriously.

+1 to the 'BR100 VS' main who thinks the Saron has serious recoil issues compared to the Vulcan. 'I'll have what he's smoking'

LMAO, forumside at it's finest. If you guys think the Vulcan is really OP, you should try the one mounted on the Valkyrie. Now that **** is hilarious...
  2. Bonom Denej

Yeah because stealth is not a thing, and you always do 360° checks with your Magrider to check for those little things.
    Vulcan is easy to use but it's too powerful on the Harasser especially because of the fact that it can easily get close to a MBT's *** and gib it. I mean, in a Mag, if that things slaps your ***, which it can do easily, your Saron can't even fire at it and by the time you realize what's happening, making a 180° or just pulling back for you gunner to shoot, then you're dead. And don't ******** me with the situational awareness. It's not only a l2p issue.
    I'm more afraid of Vulcan Harasser than Vanguards or Prowler because those can't just turbo their way out making them super hard to hit.
  3. Scr1nRusher

Vulcans should have never been a AV weapon.
  4. FateJH

Here's food for thought. The Tank Buster, both Vulcans, and the Shredder all share the same Type Resistance category - Armor-Piercing Machine Gun. Change that percentage and you modify them all.
    • Up x 1
  5. Vixxing

Lets just say its a bit worse to miss 3 shots with a 6 shot clip than with a 90...
  6. TyranEndlos

Anyone here remember the times before the harassers were nerfed severely? That is when it was overpowered and ridiculous. Back then from what I can remember the harassers didn't even need to avoid your shots. If it was maxed in armor it could ride up on you, unload and boom there goes your tank. I don't really mind any harassers at what they are right now, be it vulcan or not. You see one coming call it out, hopefully the people around you are smart enough to concentrate fire to at least scare it off or destroy it.
    • Up x 1
  7. Crayv

A lot of TR would agree with you, it has terrible synergy with lockdown.

Though Lockdown has rather poor synergy with the Prowler itself.
  8. lothbrook

The other secondaries were supposed to get buffed and basically the Vulcan got its first for some reason, that was before Theybreak Games took over though.
  9. lothbrook

No they had to evade your shots or they'd die, in fact they take the same number of shots now as they did then after they got buffed back up again, the only difference is they can't have a guy in the seat and out repair the damage now.
  10. EarlofSunderer

Here's some suggestions, let me know what's wrong with them or if you like em:

*Make certain parts of the harasser (wheels) take a lot more damage from small arms fire, making infantry feel like they can do more vs a stationary harasser, while not reliably hitting vulnerable parts when it's mobile.

*Increase tank turret stability when mobile, so it's easier to hit things while moving over bumpy terrain.

*Significantly Increase vulcan effective range, tighten COF, decrease damage at greater than 30m (or whatever) range & leave <30m the same, you can still ambush a tank from behind, but need to get closer to be super effective.
    Would be more fun on a prowler, because you can engage targets at greater range and have more synergy with main gun.
    Significantly increase reload time, go in & harass, then retreat to reload & repeat.

It'd do less damage at >30m (or 20, or 50 etc) range, but be more accurate at long range, with a tighter COF.
    You could harass at longer range, or move in really close for high dps.

*Make harassers take damage from indirect HEAT hits, sticky grenades, splash damage etc (they don;t take this damage right? if I'm incorrect, just having senior moment) MAX in rumble seat reduces Harasser acceleration, max speed, handling etc MAX is heavy!

Making Vulcan both a very short range weapon & at the same time more effective/accurate at extremely long range.
    MURDER at <30m range, 'harass' at greater than 30m & up to effective range of prowler main gun, but doing less damage per hit.
  11. TyranEndlos

When did they get buffed back up again? If they got buffed back up to what they were before I would think there would be a lot more harassers around. There used to be countless wolf packs roaming the TR side back then. I still see them every now and then but its usually because its an outfit.
  12. lothbrook

Takes 3 Titan APs to kill an armored harasser, just like it did back then, the difference is they can't repair it in the back seat and make it take 4 while staying engaged, now they take that second one and have to run immediately, also all of the harasser AV weapons got nerfed, then they buffed the vulcan back up to basically what it was while leaving the rest pretty poor.

So yes, the vulcan harasser is almost as good as it used to be and the rest are still nerfed because their AV never got buffed like the vulcan did, the difference in numbers you're probably seeing now is that TR aren't the dominant faction anymore.
  13. MahouFairy

Yeah don't forget their paper armor.
  14. Carl1879

They were a huge pain in the first phase of the ps4 beta they especially considering tank main cannon aim was a bit glitched but a brief and highly effective solution (for the VS atleast) was the saron HRB when DBG changed it to using a heat mechanic with a good gunner with good aim and trigger discipline you could constantly pick away at them at long range and unload allot of pain on them if they got too close. Sadly they changed it back to a six shots before a reload now and its just no longer such an effective counter now, being able to sacrifice raw dps for the ability to keep up constant fire was a huge bonus for the weapon.
  15. Dudeman325420

If a Vulcan Harasser killed you before you could reload after your first shot, then it had a good ambush on you and dumped a lot of fire into your rear before you managed to fire back. Even with max reload speed you have more than enough time to fire 3-4 shots (definitely enough to kill it right back) before getting killed if you return fire quick enough.

Vulcan Harasser isn't overperforming, other faction specific Harasser AV weapons are underperforming at close range, which DGC plans to correct by giving NC and VS similar weapons to the Vulcan while giving the TR a longer-range AV option.
    • Up x 2
  16. Kanil

This. Vulcan Harassers aren't overpowered compared to tanks, but they are imbalanced compared to the other faction's options. I typically go 50/50 with Vulcan Harassers in my AP Lightning, which seems pretty good for a lone wolf tank against a teamwork mandatory vehicle. Meanwhile I can eat an absurd amount of Halberd shots, and have to make significant errors to die to one.

Buffs to the Enforcer and Saron (kinda) are on the way, so that's good. 'course it'll probably kick off another round of Harasser OP whine...
  17. Tbone

Yawn.
  18. Goretzu

The Prowler Vulcan needed its buff, the Marauder Vulcan needed to be left as it was.
  19. Lucidius134

Ya pretty much how i feel about it.

I had the pleasure of gunning a vulcan harrasser that was certed up the other day and the amount of times we either near traded or had to drive in hyper-unsafe situations to kill vehicles was pretty crazy lol.

The TTK on sunderers w/ blockade was pretty low for having to be within 15m of a sunderer and 10m of any infantry with guns/HA's with rocket launchers.

We did roll a few 2/2 magriders but that isn't saying much. We also barely kill traded. Self-rep shinnanigans.
    • Up x 1
  20. Lucidius134

whoops, i mean the TTK was pretty high.