Connery NC, I beg you... Step it up!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Bout73Ninjas, Apr 17, 2015.

1. Gleerok

I don't know if the NC on Connery make the VS look awfully good or if the VS are overpowered. Whenever I fight VS I notice an huge gap in difficulty; suddently we are almost capping a base, and then somehow VS come out of nowhere and crush the whole team, essentially cleaning the base. Now NC... I can take one after the other and farm the over and over, even if it is not possible to cap the base.
  2. Hatesphere

VS have a lot of large functional zergfits that operate regularly. combined with redeploy it can be a pretty annoying thing to fight. on emerald TR does it to with AOD, and a few other outfits. 100 poorly organized guys are still 100 poorly organized guys. when I play my NC I feel like its just a bunch of lone wolves, or outfits that are just too picky in recruiting. Thats just my perspective after the last 2000ish hours of playing all three factions since beta, take it with a grain of salt.
  3. _itg

This is... not accurate. Connery NC has the daytime population advantage more often than TR or VS, but it's chronically and severely underpopped late at night. Even when NC does have the population advantage, it's usually all spent on ghost-capping the dead continent.
  4. Bout73Ninjas

Again, it's hard for me to not come across like I'm above everyone else in this issue. I am by no means shouting profanity at everyone else while I charge headlong through an empty field. But I do honestly notice that when I make a difference in the game (which is relatively often), it usually ends up being for nothing. This is because the other people at that base don't pay attention to their surroundings and don't notice that I've just cleared 3 of the 4 players and a max that was guarding the door they were shooting through. Everyone seems scared to move forward and push the capture.

But I have to argue your point that simply getting a squad together and jumping base to base is a good solution. Yes, it does work. But it doesn't make any real difference when you talk about leading by example. The issue is that people just don't follow an example. Planetside 2 is a uniquely team based game, and if not everyone is working together and on the same page, the results are going to be substandard.

What I'm trying to accomplish with this message is just trying to get everyone to think about how they play. Remind everyone how important strategy is in this game.
  5. HadesR

You are mistaking finding an occurance silly or idiotic as caring that said occurance happens.
    I Also find bungie jumping stupid, but that doesnt mean I wish to stop people doing it :)
  6. Taemien

I get what you're saying, and my post comes across strong because of the emphasis I am making (so don't take it as an attack). And that point is.. people are just not going to follow. They get rewarded with certs whether they win or lose. They've been drilled into their heads over the last decade of their upbringing that participation is key, and winning and losing isn't important. There's your issue. You want to fix it? Encourage your kids to win, hope your peers do the same, and perhaps all that junk can be undone in a generation.

Course... that's wishful thinking and bit over the top. :p

In short there's not much you can do. You gather like minded people and make the best of the situation. Players are going to farm. Why? Because they like to farm. They don't care about winning. Sure they whine occasionally when they're getting whipped (dying means they aren't farming). But lets be honest with ourselves. If you were winning they wouldn't be helping. They'd be looking for the next farm site.
  7. SpartanZero

From my understanding an observation. The VS on Connery have a larger pool of "quality" players due to an exodus of a fair percentage of former TR/NC quality/veteran players and outfits to stack power with the VS.
  8. grazr

It's very difficult to fix apathy in a player, that's not something you can fix by leading by example, either people care or they don't.

Being run over by vehicles on NC is a tragically common affair and often isn't accompanied by a sorry even when in safe territory. In fact it's fairly often friendlies TRY to hit you. I occasionally get a tell from a BR100 saying "thank you" "for not just blazing through me on that road" or for stopping my sunderer to res someone TK'd. But I'm not sure you can teach this stuff. BR100's know the game. There's some auto-pilot **** going on with new players.

It seems more often than not NC players will gun you down, will drive you over and worst of all, come hunting you down if you do it, accidentally or otherwise, to them.

I really do wish there was a greater punishment for team killing or at least an FF mitigator like 50% damage. I've been TK'd a dozen times just for clipping someone, i have to wonder if anyone's suffered that "weapon lock" threat.
  9. dstock

I only play Connery when I want to spam my Ranger at 10 ESFs without changing my aim. The swarm is real.
  10. Inex

More true than you know.

I was on my NC Friday, feeling a bit light headed because we actually owned continents. High on the apparent reversal of fortune, I decided to take one of those random platoon invites. Maybe I'd be able to put some of those certs I've poured into my Valk to use.

Only to immediately hear "SHOTS! SHOTS! SHOTS! SHOTS! SHOTS! SHOTS!"

Sigh.
  11. FocusLight

Keep telling yourself that - it might become true in reality as it is in your head right now.

More likely is the oft-stated fact that huge chunks of the TR and NC populations do not like fighting VS for a few good reasons. This varies a little by servers, but when you have so many saying the same thing from so many different servers, there is good reason to think there is something to it.
  12. FocusLight

This happens often across most servers. There comes a time when most high-end players can't stand the conditions in the NC (TK'ing, noobishness, quality over quantity, etc.) or how restrictive the TR is in terms of options and the fact TR has a fair share of derpy players as well, and they notice VS doing well with their toys on a consistent basis and simply want to join the 'winner' faction.

As a direct consequence, VS get not just more players but more skilled players, and thus a self-reinforcing circle continues. VS get more players interested in winning at any cost so get more people to win with, so win more often so get more players who join...

This issue has persisted for at least a year now, and the results are a given. Don't tell that to VS hard-liners though, they will tell you it's all skillz and you need to get better. Because you are the problem, nothing is ever wrong with VS. (Yes VS hard-liners, I am still not impressed with your attitude. Deal with it.)
  13. ComradeHavoc

Saturday AA bug spray teams, so many mossies in the air, they just don't care how many we kill. It's the repair battle sundies and vulcan harassers which give me a hard time
  14. EzJustCorry

Gotta love the vs and nc now have the same xp bonus on Esamir as their Indar counterparts AND the nc that stayed at Indar get an additional 20% on top of the alert bonus.

Much certs such wow
  15. IberianHusky

TBH, from my experiences playing on Connery, the only faction with any decent organization is the TR. The VS is just one gigantic, endless zerg, and the NC is the same disorganized mess it is on every other server.

Honestly, the best thing you can do to make playing NC more tolerable is join one of the few decent outfits or just farm. The VS may have extreme hex overpop, but the vast majority of them are ****ters and make for easy farming. The TR on Connery are quite fearsome. Despite being a Connery NC, I've always had an immense respect for them, because they are one of the only TR factions that doesn't suck.
  16. Hatesphere

"1 million people cant be wrong" right? :rolleyes:
  17. FocusLight

"Screw the statements of all those other players, I'll stick to my own preferred answer to the question no matter what everyone else says, because I'm right - and I'm right because I said so!"

I like how you have nothing to defend your viewpoint with. It's very typical and it works for me.

Let me re-state the point again for effect - there is a widely help opinion among PS2's TR and NC players from across every server that fighting against VS is either not fun, or less desirable than fighting TR/NC. If people's own statements about their preferences are to be believed, that is.

Alternatively, keep assuming it's just "because they are scared of the colour purple on most servers" as I'm sure the explanation where huge numbers of random MMO-FPS players in two out of three factions that anyone can join at any time, just so happen to fear the third faction. I'm also sure you think this is because that third faction just so happen to get so many good players for no special reason, right? Can't be a more reasonable explanation, right?

And people wonder why I don't respect VS players.
  18. HadesR

True from my own perspective ... VS being a blob that if they can't take it by numbers then proceed to try to take it by spam ( MAX's , Air, Tanks ) and if that doesn't work they just go off and try to zerg an undefended base 48+ v 12

They seem more about the winning than the taking part ..Screw having fun as long as we get the base cap ..

^ Granted the above is a generalization of the VS faction ( On Connery ) as a whole , and I'm sure there are many individuals who it doesn't hold true for ..
  19. Skiptrace

It's for reduced tank costs, duh... Armor is the way to take continents don't ya know?
  20. Mianera

The issue with NC and friendly roadkills in general is that you cannot really make a punishment. Because who do you punish?

The harasser is quite often uncontrollable and so is the Lightning without any upgrades. Don't even get me started on the flash.

An example is after a base cap, where everyone gets in vehicles and drive on the road, and that one NC decides to run on the middle of the road and gets run over.... who's to blame then?
    Was it his fault fault for going out on a road right after a cap or during a zerg? Or should friendly drivers had been careful regardless? More importantly, how could you implement a mechanic that punishes people rightfully in said situations? Or when you are about to blow a enemy sundy while a noob NC is confused why he cant enter the enemy sundy and gets blown with it. Who's fault is that?

But yeah, the obvious solution is to reduce FF by 50%. I've been screaming that at the developers since 2013 but they just don't care. I've also tried getting them to understand that if a friendly deals 100% friendly fire with a primary infantry weapon to someone that should instantly be a weapon lock.

I kinda get the feeling that the developers don't play NC at all on public servers and therefore have absolutely no idea of the madness that takes place inside that faction.