AP lightnings

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Pelainis117, Mar 2, 2015.

1. OldMaster80

Because Valkyrie would be oneshotted, they're way too slow and forced to fly low: they would be an easy prey for AP weapons.
  2. Peebuddy

Love how this threat is basically

Buff the lightning so it one shots like MBTs do

except for the prowler

because **** the prowler!
  3. task_master

The prowler can shoot about 4x as fast as vanguard. Are you actually saying it would be fair for the prowler to instagib ESFs? On top of the fact that TR has the best ground based AA (strikers, anchor maxes, a tank that can afford to put a walker on top).
  4. Weterman

It has splash damage, it is more effective against infantry. If you want to go anti vehicle, you use the AP. I agree that the AP should one shot esf's, but right now, the ap almost sets an esf on fire. So if the heat would one shot an esf, then it would have to do more damage than the ap does now.
  5. Ianneman

Exactly, NC have Ravens which pretty much cancel out ANY open field battle, period. VS have Lancers and Vortexes which in groups can devastate any tank zerg with ease. So, give TR something equally devastating, but to air, which would be the locked down Prowler with ability to one-shot ESFs, and two-shot Libs.
  6. Megalegs

That does sound pretty tragic.

Won't somebody think of the pilots.......
  7. Vixxing

Really? Try hitting one with a Magrider then, prowlers get 4 shot for every 2 the Mag gets off... (and the mag needs to first find a gentle slope pointing in the correct direction, turn + move tank there, and then still deal with worst drop and slowest projectile speed...)
  8. zaspacer

I'm not trying to defend the destructive power level of ESFs and Libs. Or defend the train wreck of "heightened paranoia or hopelessness", or anger or depression, ESFs/LIbs create in others. ESFs and Libs are OP. (along with almost all the Units people still bother to use...)

Just relating people seem to hate dying to OHKs (or super quick kills they can't react to)... but maybe in this kind of game it's unavoidable in certain Unit matchups. I don't think reducing the number of kills on experienced ESFs or Libs really helps the game.
  9. tf2hero

i do hope you realize that hitting a ESF with a lockdown AP prowler is still rather difficult
  10. Peebuddy

Please don't tell me you used the words "best ground based AA" and "strikers" in the same scentence
  11. Hatesphere

to be fair the striker is actually pretty good at killing low flying ESFs, its like dumb fire training wheels.
  12. HAXTIME

They really are, but only while it's still convenient and safe to pick them out of the sky. As soon as 3 of them start attacking you, a dedicated AA weapon is the only viable solution.
  13. Lord_Avatar

While "passing" through the airframe it would totally gut any and all electronics, weapon and propulsion systems it happens to come across. AKA - kill.
    • Up x 1
  14. DramaticExit

I realise that it is easier than doing so with a Vanguard or Magrider... Admittedly it is still not 'easy' to do.
    • Up x 1
  15. Geddes

esf pilots that get shot down by tanks on a regular basis arent flying their esf properly, I can count on one hand how many times ive been shot down by a tank, and every time it was my fault, either way changing this wouldnt really impact how I view tanks from my atg esf. tanks are still gonna get farmed by atg esfs, all day every day, unless theres a skyguard or burster or lockon nest.
    • Up x 1
  16. Czarinov

Or increased turret vertical angle range.
  17. ColonelJayce

No way, the last thing we need is more tanks shooting at aircraft with their main cannon. Save that for the AA guns, there is no need to introduce a new way for the ESF to die, since they die to just about everything in the game anyways.
  18. ComradeHavoc

Scythes*
    at least*
    Totally agree with you. The lightning itself is silly in terms of it's offensive abilities. And ESF pilots shouldn't have that massive of a room for error.
  19. ComradeHavoc

(pssst use google chrome it has built in spell check! :) )

ESFs shouldn't be able to tank an AP shell, period.