increase lancer charge up tine

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MikeyGeeMan, Apr 14, 2015.

1. FnkyTwn

Don't worry Eskimo, you're gonna have a whole new thing to hate, and a whole hell of a lot more, in about another month.

[IMG]
  2. eldarfalcongravtank

in case you guys forgot: VS is supposed to be the accuracy/extreme-longrange faction

- no bulletdrop on medium-range infantry weapons
    - lancer/vortex have no range cap
    - saron/ppa have no projectile drop

if they take away the extreme-longrange on lancer and put a range cap on it, they are effectively messing with our faction trait. in that case, we would need compensation, like a straightforward damage increase or firerate buff.
  3. EliteEskimo

Um no I'm really not. The Vanguard has always downed more ESF's than the Prowler. It's high velocity, paired with OHK makes it the best tank for taking down ESfs by a long shot. ESFs often have time to react or alter their route before the second Prowler shot comes. The Prowler comes out on top for killing Liberators and Galaxies last time I checked. Also you can still kill infantry at TI alloys from the Crown. I still do so occasionally when their are huge blobs of infantry there with no vehicles backing then up.
  4. Shadowomega

Actually that is more of Anti-Personal/Anti - Max weapon, now if they add in flak as an ammo type then it would also be a cheep AA gun.
  5. Vixxing

/me drools! :D
  6. FocusLight

No, Lancer nests are just the single most user-friendly AV weapon nests available. What compares?

Annies? Lock-on warning and 300 meter range penalty, flight-time, can be evaded with flares and smoke.
    Phoenixes? Can fire from behind cover but is loud and slow, warning you it's coming, also has 300 meters range penalty.
    Strikers? Inaccurate as hell outside of 50 meters and practically impossible to hit with outside of 100, plus flight-time and drop. It's easy to avoid.
    Dumb-fires? (lol, yeah I went there)
    AA locks? Dumb-fire on tanks, smoke disables lock.
    AV locks? Dumb-fire on aircraft, flares disable locks. Or driving downwards to make the missile 'intercept' into the ground.

Lancers: Can be spammed rapidly to mag-dump your DPS when up close, can be charged... for instant hit, virtually unlimited range, no drop, easy to hit any vehicle and aircraft beyond ESF's, (it's basically a hit-scan weapon) and if you hit ESF's you only need 2 charges and a finger-poke to destroy the aircraft, so nests virtually erase them anyway, along with everything else.

Ergo, any argument that says Lancers are to easy to use, those arguments are perfectly legit - any counter that says they are weak on their own... well yeah, and so is everything else. NO-ONE will ever give you a single weapon that erase armor on it's own. But Lancers are incredibly powerful and scale extremely well with numbers, the only thing holding it back from being completely broken in the mediocre damage and the need to charge your shots.

I recall when the Striker was nerfed because it was used to create no-fly/drive zones around TR positions. Lancer still allow VS to do the exact same thing, and do it far better, and there is no nerf incoming anytime soon.

But hey, that's because the Lancer is a broken useless weapon that needs a buff, many VS says it so it must be true, right?

Right guys?

Guys?
    • Up x 1
  7. EliteEskimo

We'll see, after this week is done and people calm down about the flight changes I'm going to call out the developers about the unfinished lethality revamp, or as it currently stands a massive tank Nerf with no reason for being there. After Auraxiuming a few infantry weapons I can easily say now with certainty infantry don't need additional ways to take down tanks, and the current methods of using rocket launchers or LA with C4 makes it incredibly easy for 2-3 HA's working together to take out a MBT. A LA with C4 coming from directly above effectively allows infantry to negate situational awareness ect.

I won't have an issue with this new weapon provided it's capped at 300 meters and isn't stupidly Powerful like the Raven max.
  8. Vixxing

Well, back then you also had to worry about strikermonkeys EVERYWHERE, OP-Lockdown burstermaxxes, OP-vulcans that 1- clipped LIBS ontop of prowlers hitting your lib from 2 hexes away effectivly making all TR territory a no-fly zone...
  9. FocusLight

> Plays VS.
    > Regards the Lancer as the worst ESRL in the game because it dares to require you to aim and can't just alpha-strike everything at close ranges like a basic dumb-fire or AV/AA lock-on does.
    > Complains that other's complain about it and "has not looked at the stats in a long time" but still assumes the weapon is bad.

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I rest my case. VS players can literally be handed the single most user-friendly arsenal in most categories and still complain about it.
  10. axiom537

Lancer is fine. It is a decent weapon, that works well solo and really excels in groups, which is how it should be...Organization, team work and Coordination are OP...
  11. Vixxing

So infantry has to 1v1 your MBT? Well sure just increase damage to 7000 on Lancer so both OHK each other then (hey you still got the advantage of a gunner + better zoom/thermals!)
  12. EliteEskimo

I'm confused by your statement, what does 1v1ing a MBT have to do with this?
  13. Vixxing

You cant guess? 300m range on Lancer-300m infantry render range=Tank vs lancer 1on1
  14. Hatesphere

what kind of backward logic is that? are is this the everything occurs in a vacuum thread? lancer defiantly needs a few changes in the range department, having a range cap of 300 does not prevent 5 people from picking them up and focus firing. if AV MANA turrets were not acceptable, why the lancer? I can hit targets out to almost 700m easily with it and thats not acceptable. if they are going to keep that it needs a far more harsh damage fall off at extreme ranges.

even with a 300m cap lancer squads would still be useful. the lancer is the only launcher i run on my VS right now cause it provides such reliable damage even in the 300m envelope were a dumbfire is useless against an aware target.
    • Up x 2
  15. Konstantinn

How is lancer fine? What other launcher can take out 2 MBTs without an ammo pack or resupply terminal around?

Add to that insane accuracy and range like no other infantry weapon. It's practically like hitting tank with a sniper rifle (that has no drop, no breath control, and takes no skill). The only thing you have to worry about is charge up, which is trivial compared to all of the advantages.
  16. EliteEskimo

Pardon my.confusion but since when is an HA supposed to solo a MBT? Unless you're a C4 fairy or an HA with C4 going up a horribad tank crew infantry shouldn't be 1v1ing MBT's.
  17. MarvinGardens

The charge up time is already pretty long. Any longer might put it in the painfully slow category. Plus you can't hold the final charge for too long before it force fires on you.
  18. EliteEskimo

I'm pulling my numbers from the VR where I tested the Lancer from over 250 meters away. 6 charges shots from the front or top armor of the Prowler brings it on fire with roughly 2% health with such a small sliver of health it's basically non existent. As a Tanker I must say Lancers HA"s are the hardest to kill right after phoenix users behind cover. They charge up, quick pop and fire (no time needed to adjust for drop or aim since charged Lancer is near hitscan) and then hide back behind cover. If you want video evidence of Lancer nests wrecking armor let me know. Lancers are broken as are all infantry AV weapons with ranges of more than 300 meters.
    • Up x 1
  19. Shadowomega

I know for awhile after its release people were asking for a buff to the lancer. My only comment at best it could use an Optional 4x Optic, and nothing else.

@Eskimo Don't Worry about that weapon in the pick its just the Rocketlet aka Rocket Rifle, 6 mini rocket weapon design for anti infantry and anti max.
    • Up x 1
  20. Isokon

You really have no clue, do you?