[Vehicle] Cal's March Magrider Montage

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Calisai, Apr 12, 2015.

1. Calisai

A few of my saved clips from March/Early Apr.

• Up x 1
  2. Schizomatic

It's not a Magrider video unless you're on top of a tall building physically impossible to climb, but you climb it anyway, and have a God's eye view on the spawn point with your PPA and your fart horn, and no one can touch you because teamwork OP.
  3. Calisai

Lol... two points of contention from me on that statement:

1) the Mag only has 2 horn choices. X-files sounding one and the confetti cannon...

and yes... I'm bitter about the choices:

They have since released one more horn for the Mag since then... and yet.. those fart horns you hate (which I agree, sound ridiculous) were only released for Harasser, Sundy and Flash. I mean, WTF SOE/DGC/DBG/Whatever.

2) PPA'ng a spawn room is boring...

It's much more fun to fight in the other parts of the base and give the infantry a chance. Oh, while using an AV Mag at that. ;)

• Up x 2
  4. Jake the Dog

I got on top of a building in mani fortress in a prowler does that count?
  5. Jake the Dog

Also you need those callisto plating it looks sweet.
  6. Ballto21

What recursion pack is that?
  7. Linus

Cool video man :cool:
    Esamir and Indar, two continents where I dislike to play with a Magrider.
  8. Schluck

no cuts! ;)

9. Calisai

EldarVP

Esamir is my favorite (other than having to drive 5 minutes from WG if you don't have eisa), probably followed by Amerish and then Indar. Absolutely hate Hossin due to the decreased ability to flank effectively. I end up just running Sunderers there.
  10. Calisai

Meh... to be honest... full gameplay videos don't get the hits/likes compared to montages and short clips. I usually stay away from Montages and lean towards the longer clips with a little context built-in (like the last clip in the montage... which is a few minutes long) Most of my channel is full of the longer stuff, with a few montages built-in.

The main problem I have with the longer cuts... way too much editing involved. It's so much easier to save a 10min buffer when something fun/exciting/out-of-the-ordinary happens and cut it into a video than doing a full 30 minute session with travel time, etc.

Overall, i've ebbed and flowed on the longer/shorter video preference. That said... a minor percentage of my channel is montages.

I mainly put this together out of my highlight clips because I was bored and too damn frustrated from having my Mag helicopter my head off constantly and having my gunner ejected, etc. (I've been killed more repairing my Mag this weekend than I have in the previous two and a half years) I lost 5 Mags directly to my Mag spinning its rear towards danger or killing me or my gunner and slowing us down from doing emergency repairs, etc. Extremely frustrating.
  11. Linus

Ah it is interesting how we experienced Hossin so differently :)
    Since Hossin was released, I never so much appreciated to play with a Magrider. The main reason is that this continent is even more hostile to Prowlers and Vanguards...

However I tend to agree with you for the lack of flanking capabilities in some areas.
    Personally I find the east of Amerish and the south-east of indar far worst...