DGB implemented Aim-assist into PS2?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Dreez, Apr 14, 2015.

1. Dreez

I've seen threads about this and i want to know if its true. I have never seen a PC-shooter with Aim-assist
    so if this is the case and they put it in... it should be taken OUT. Aim-assist is for "special needs" people
    who can't aim correctly and need help to make up for their "disadvantage".

Can we have a confirmation on this?.
    • Up x 1
  2. Utrooperx

As I understand it, aim assist was added to the PS4 version only because of the difficulty compared to a mouse/keyboard combo in the PC version.

I could be wrong, but it is what I believe has happened.
  3. Dreez

As long as the coding on the PS4 doens't impact anything on the PC version, i dont care one bit... they can code in Mario Bros for all i care.
  4. Plastikfrosch

but if everyone has to use a controller on the ps4 why would anyone need an aim assist??? everyone has the same chances with or without it. But hey, im on pc and i dont really care what they do to the ps4 version as long as they dont start such a nonsense over here.
  5. FnkyTwn

You mean console users? There's a reason they'll never let PC players play an FPS against Console players. Console players would get stomped.
  6. Some1

You should try out titanfall with a controller on PC. Its practically an aimbot built into the game.

I hope nothing so heavy handed ever gets implementing into this game as there would then be no reason to use MK's at all.
  7. BlueSkies

Its used in basically every console shooter ever made.
  8. Cazaderon

i play on the PS4 and that woud be the way i see things as well. So obviously i deactivated AA when i started playing.
    And tbh, if you turn off AA, it seems like hit detection works terribly wrong.

In the end, the AA implemented in the PS4 version atm it pretty spot on. It's not a massive help, often goes unnoticed but still impacts you. There's no big "magnet" feeling or auto aim while going ADS like you can witness in BF series on console.

Also, afaik it s not supposed to be implemented on PC, being an former CS 1.5/1.6 player i'd consider that a massive non sense.
  9. McToast

Yes, keep playing this PoS game and hope that it'll get beter "one day". Lol.
  10. RIctavius

Are you starting a rumor? Because I haven't even seen this **** you spout.