[Suggestion] Directive LMG change ideas?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TORMENTED, Mar 25, 2015.

1. FnkyTwn

The only thing the BattleGoose has going for it is the heat mechanic. It might surprise you, but some VS haaaaate the Orion, and in turn hate the BootGoo. The best way I've heard it described is as a paint sprayer that runs out of paint, sputtering half it's clip out ineffectually beyond 30m-40m.

I think the GodSaw is in a much better place now, but I would give the Butcher a DoT to be applied with the last hit on target. Nothing too terrible, like maybe 1 damage a second for 5 seconds, but something that would prevent shield recharge AND halve the effect of all heals.

TR and NC complain about the Betelgeuse now, but my dream weapon would have been the SVA-88 with the same heat mechanic. It would crush the enemies of the VS, and see them driven before us, so we could hear the lamentations of their women and men and sometimes even ponies!
  2. QQlazors

Just make it render medkits ineffective for 1 second after hitting somebody.
    I don't care if you nerf it more to give it that.
    I want to make medkit dancers cry.

Lol.
  3. TheKhopesh

I would like to see the VS SMG get it.

And yeah, the heat mechanic and piercing ammo benefits would be too powerful to put on a bolt action sniper or shotgun.
    The BR is debatable, so that one I don't care whether they would or not, it's not worth the trouble hashing out the power disparity that these would have on such a weapon (though the BR's are pretty trash ATM anyway).

Oh, and I'd like to see these added to the directive pistols as well!
    (The VS currently don't have the heat mechanic for their pistol, and I wouldn't mind seeing them get it if us NC/TR had some faction flavor traits to our directive weapons as well.)
  4. Lucidius134

"side grade"

but almost all of them are just base guns w/ attacments not availible to the original with removed or reduced penalties.
  5. Leftconsin

I have no idea if you really believe all that because it is wrong. In my own hands the Orion outrageously outperforms all other LMGs I've used. I've been effective at getting kills well past that 40m mark on moving targets.

Show me someone who doesn't like the Orion.
    • Up x 1
  6. BIllyGG

godsaw/gauss saw is awful, remove it or improve it DBG
  7. FnkyTwn

Me. I hate it. Check my stats.