New weapons??

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AgentRed, Apr 10, 2015.

1. omfgweeee

All of this stuff looks so good ...
    • Up x 1
  2. Pikachu

Searhus props
    [IMG]

[IMG]
    • Up x 5
  3. Pikachu

Searhus props
    [IMG]
    • Up x 1
  4. Pikachu

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Up x 4
  5. tf2hero

wait we getting oshur later on?
    well i can see that place being ripped apart.
  6. Pikachu

Rain and volumetric clouds.
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Up x 3
  7. Gemenai

I asked myself the same. Those announced weapons were the reason, i would have taken a jump back into the game maybe.
  8. SirPanfried

• Up x 4
  9. Lucidius134

I'm impressed. I havn't even seen a few of these and i like to just hoard the thoughts and memories of **** never meant to be in this game. (Thank the lord this isn't another another another thread of ppl posting the scrapped concept art :| )

Non-posted Flamethrowers
    [IMG]

NS Sniper Rifle w/ un-used 20x scope
    [IMG]

NS Shotgun
    [IMG]

Snowmobile Flash and Sunderer Esamir things (also released harrasser)
    [IMG]

From Techtest:
    NS L300 High Explosive Liberator Nosegun
    [IMG]

NS Camera Guided Liberator Bubble gun
    [IMG]

NS Radiation Bomb Bubble Gun
    [IMG]

NS LG40 Vulcan Liberator Bellygun
    [IMG]

Funfacts:
    • In tech test, having a tailgun was a utility slot.
    • Up until November of beta (2013? Prelaunch) Liberators could mount M12 Kobalts on their tailgun.
    • Galaxies have had at least 3 remodels of the wings. Changing the vehicle model changes the physics properties.
    • IRNV used to highlight targets orange until around mid-October of beta.
    • Tech plants pre-launch used to be hard as **** to attack as a zerg but easy with squad organization as Planetside 2 bases SHOULD function. They got neutered shortly before launch.
    • Did you know there were originally more than burst fire variant of several weapon systems designed originally but never coded? TMG-50 Burst for example.
    • I suggested making engagement radars on FNO because they were a utility slot in tech-test that was removed pre-beta.
    • I also suggested they be fully certed and free >.>
    • Infiltrators could at one point wield shotguns. The side effects of this caused Automatic Snipe Rifles to be born. (You can tell how broken this was from how bad auto scout rifles were made. Keep in mind the current ones were BUFFED w/ magsize)
    • Up x 3
  10. Mythologicus

That's the money shot, right there.
  11. Scr1nRusher

12. vincent-

OMFG YOU WOULD THINK WE CAN HAVE THIS ******* NOW HELL I WOULD GET THE **** ON MORE IF ANY OF THIS STUFF WERE ADDED. **** THE PS4 SIDE TAKING GOOD RESOURCES FROM US PC PLAYERS AND DON'T SAY THEY DON'T THEY DO NOTHING IS FREE AND SOME PRICE IS BEING PAID!
    • Up x 3
  13. StellarHAZE

Hype, hype, hype and now nothing.
    • Up x 3
  14. Lucidius134

you arn't even talking the same level hypes until you remember

the nexus

WHOMP WHOMP
  15. Demigan

I would like the rain, but the volumetric clouds... nope.
    I'm not saying I don't want them, if they could be put into the game without problems I wouldn't hesitate a heartbeat, but the volumetric clouds would kill framerates across the board for any aircraft. Just think of flying into a massive cloud of flak explosions, which so many people already have problems with right now...
  16. AgentRed

If DBG did some of these idea that SOE had that would make a big turn around for them. I would totally spend more money on this game if they did.
    • Up x 3
  17. Mythologicus

Screw performance, I want clouds :p
    • Up x 2
  18. Demigan

Maybe they could simulate some through the smoke-grenade system? Instead of actual clouds you create 2-dimensional plates with smoky texture that rotate to always face the player. Wouldn't look too awesome on such a large scale I guess, but you would have a semi-effective cloud coverage that could actually work well enough.
  19. Pikachu

Then people cant hide in the clouds. :L
  20. Demigan

Can people hide in the current smoke grenades? Yes they can.
    Just put up a series of 2-dimensional discs as the current smoke grenades do. Some horizontal, some vertikal, maybe a few diagonal. These together create a sense of going through a cloud. Sure, you would be looking perfectly for 2 m distance and then see the wall of smoke (which does allow sillouettes depending on opacity), but it would work well enough.