[Suggestion] Making Jackhammer more viable against full-auto shotguns and heavy guns

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by prodo123, Apr 3, 2015.

1. LordMatt XLVIII

tbh, I think the Jackhammer is absolutely fine where it stands. The Jackhammer is meant to be an extended-range shotgun and it fulfills this role very well, what a lot of people seem to think is that simply because it is an Empire-specific Heavy Gun means that it should be better at everything than other guns like it. This is not the case, and will never be the case. The Jackhammer will always be a better range version of the high-mag semi-auto shotguns(haymaker, sweeper, Nova) and not a shotgun that's supposed to outclass every other shotgun. It is a niche weapon, just like the Lasher, the MCG, and every other weapon in Planetside 2, it fulfills a role that no other weapon fulfills and nothing else.

I will, however, say that this is coming from someone that has limited experience USING the Jackhammer, but PLENTY of experience fighting against it.

Edit: Perhaps adding some more faction flair would be nice as "a better range high mag shotgun"doesn't exactly sound that interesting, but nonetheless the gun is balanced where it stands and doesn't need to be buffed or nerfed, just altered.
  2. Bearlover

A shotgun is for cqc. Close combat quarters. Anything else after 15m you are pretending its a battle rifle using slugs.
    Although it is much more accurate considering its lower pellet spread but lower damage, it is still a shotgun. An automatic shotgun. Which all factions have access to. Access. Access.
  3. FateJH

That doesn't mean it needs to be changed. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
  4. FnkyTwn

I was reading along happily until I came across this gem. Go look up the stats on empire specific heavy weapons then come back here and ask for forgiveness. Jackhammers have always been just fine.

I'm waiting.
  5. Bearlover

It was never broke, but if it starts shooting cute kittens then ill happily call it faction specific.
  6. Vorpal_Spork

The noobhammer was so ridiculously OP in Planetside 1 that it deserves to be underpowered until at least Planetside 3. I have no idea what the balance is like at the moment though since I've never seen anyone use it, which I interpret as a sign that it's sufficiently underpowered to satisfy me.
  7. Vorpal_Spork

There were 4 actually. The NC pistol was also a shotgun. It was just as OP for cloakers as the noobhammer was for surgiles. I used to hoard them in my locker.
  8. FateJH

Ah, yes, I had forgotten about the original Mag-Scatter. Thanks.
  9. LordMatt XLVIII

Yes, shotguns are good at cqc, and some shotguns outperform others within certain ranges, just like how anyone using an auto-shotty will tell you that they are far outranged by the jackhammer.

The Jackhammer cannot, and SHOULD NOT outperform every other shotgun in the game, just like the Lasher and MCG, and every other weapon in every weapon class.

The jackhammer is fine. There are simply other shotguns that perform better under certain circumstances vs. the jackhammer, which is how it ought to be.
  10. warmachine1

Jackhammer has absolutely no reason to exist!
    It is outperformed by other shotguns in any thinkable cofiguration & situation.
    I tested it against Mauler with slugs & it perform the same or better in every situation & any range including point blank. Moreover u can use it by other classes aswell.
    On point blank it is outperformed by Piston & pumpies.
    It does not even look good! Like an **** TUBE.

If HAs would not have access to common shotguns it would be sort of unique, but as it stands its an EPIC waste of certs.
  11. FateJH

12. Liewec123

foul necromancy!