Was the game just killed for PC?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by PinkHurtsMyEyes, Apr 9, 2015.

1. Discostoff2

You cant compare PS2 with Quake, Quake is a game where you need much more speed in the mouse to turn quick. I had 3 differente sens with a bit of accl at some weapons otherwise i was not able to perform all the turns and moves. PS2 is not even close as fast as Quake you need not even i tiny bit of accl its like ppl say a NO go for FPS games! To play an FPS game on console is something what i have never done again after Goldeneye on Nintendo 64 cause its complete bujll**** to aim with joypad i mean wtf?... Only noobs think they own everything with joypad... Consolse is for jump and run Simulations sport games but never FPS games. I dont understand why they even go with such a large game on PS4 the hole idea is created by noneskilled devs .... I am 32 i played 10 years CS, 3 years Quake and now more then 2 years PS2....
    • Up x 1
  2. Schizomatic

For a game that has just been killed, logging onto Live showcases dozens of aircraft buzzing about and hundreds of players on each continent. For being dead, PS2 is pretty lively.
    • Up x 5
  3. Hatesphere

just because you dont need accel doesn't mean its totally a bad thing. I have run with accell on many many slower paced games and done just as fine as the no accell crowd. its a personal preference if its set up correctly (have my set up in my windows drivers to maintain consistency)

the whole FPS=no accel thing has allways just be crowed by people who never understood its benefits, or toughs trying to help people with games, since 1:1 is always easier to learn then an imput on a curve, and most games have horrid accel or simply default to the windows accel. its not simply game pad tech....

if someone can maintain high accuracy in a fast paced game with acceleration, then they can do it in a slower paced game just fine.
  4. Tiedemann

Might have killed it for some, who knows..

I know that I'm getting pretty tired of bugs not getting fixed and changes I don't understand. The game has been out for some time and there have been months with bad servers (at least EU), performance issues and big fat patches that have "ruined the fun" for a lot of players (last xmas with servers and bugs) with hardly any communication at all.

I really like this game but I can't say I have seen much improvement at all since the big performance patch.

The game is running ok-ish for me now, but I do have to learn to drive/aim my lighting all over again with changes that I don't understand why I need. This game always felt very "basic" to me, and that's one big reason I like it, so when they add stuff that I feel give me less precise control I do get sad.
  5. Taemien

IMO controllers aren't for any game. Some people think they can master fighting games on the gamepads. I thought so too until I played Killer Instinct on my computer and was able to pull off combos off my keyboard using the arrow keys for the control pad and DAWSER for the buttons, combos I couldn't dream of getting off on a controller.

Quite simply mouse and keyboard is superior, period. Console players will never quite understand that.

It doesn't need to be implemented. Good or Poorly. Give us 1:1 in game and let us use our own hardware to do the curves we want. This way its the same in every game we play. Anyone who plays more than a single game 'casually' has a gaming mouse capable of such.
  6. OldMaster80

I wouldn't mind to have acceleration on infantry: I've always hated the ADADAD technique. I find it pretty stupid and unrealistic.
  7. Mythologicus

I do not mind these changes. Personally, the ESF feels slightly better in some ways. Okay, the turning acceleration is awful for serious manoeuvring, but it's a lot easier to aim precisely now.

Liberators meanwhile...if you're High-G, there's no difference. If anything pitching with the mouse is now a bit sharper. If you're Precision Bomber, you just got **** on. Precision Bomber now offers absolutely no advantages over High-G whatsoever. Hell, it's questionable if it's even better than Racer. The acceleration completely killed the agility of that airframe and gave it nothing in return.
  8. Goretzu

Unfortunately it likely was inevitable.
  9. Czarinov

I don't think you have any idea what people are discussing here...

I don't think it will be forced to infantry aiming. Tho, if it will... I'm leaving.
  10. FLHuk

If you break your hand you're not going to storm off in a huff screaming the controls don't feel right, I cant abuse myself anymore!

Work through it son, deal with the furious flapping about, it's worth it in the long run....
  11. PinkHurtsMyEyes

Mouse is analogue? Since when? DPI stands for dots per inches - there is a reason for that. Same for Report rate. Mouse is digital but finly granulated so the experience feels smooth. And our strive for zero mouse acceleration is so it will be as linear and predictable as possible.
  12. phreec

It's insane how Smedley's Curse is unavoidable in ANY SOE game. Not even a namechange will prevent it.
  13. nuclearunicorn

A lot of stuff has felt a bit off since the patch.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside...swer_the_is_x_off_threads_in_one_single_fell/

I'm really just tired of it. After all the promises made and money I spent this is pretty much the nail in the coffin. It's a straight up slap in the face to any pc player who has supported this game. I don't see much point in playing it any further. The whole thing has left a pretty rotten taste in my mouth and i'm honestly thinking about quitting gaming altogether.
  14. ppanj

Uhh... High G is completely unusable, I don't see where you got the idea that it's better... roll and yaw are so weak even on max sensitivity that any kind of serious flying is impossible... and vertical thrust and airbrake seem completely higbied as well...
  15. PinkHurtsMyEyes

Every improvment that we had in OMFG are pretty much gone performance-vise. I was in my lightning today and something is very off. As for you needing the changes; you don't, they just want to use the same code for PC and PS4 and that results in a jack-of-no-trades experience. Hopefully, and not because wish anything bad upon the PS4 players, these changes will be bad for them as well so both sides will complain... I can't fly and it seems I can't tank either anymore. Can I learn to adapt? Maybe, but why? why adapt to something hugely inferior and that will mess with my muscle memory in other games?
  16. Mythologicus

It was feeling pretty nice after I spent half an hour or so flying in VR. I pitch and roll with the mouse. My sensitivity is at the lower end of the scale.

I do get this problem turning with Precision though, which is why I made mention that it suddenly feels useless. I hear a lot of people use the keyboard to pitch, particularly Lib pilots, so I can see where it would definitely screw them over. I'm not sure why mouse input would be off for some people and not others, though.
  17. ppanj

I use mouse to roll and pitch and the problem is that rolling is horribly slow. Maybe your mouse is set at a higher sensitivity so you max out both pitch and roll, so you don't use high in game sensitivity, because at max sensitivity my mouse takes several swipes just to roll 45°... Basically what it looks like on my end is I get in a fight, try to maneuver and just end up pitching up and down rapidly and slowly falling to the ground. Dogfighting in a lib feels like there's just a wall blocking me from doing anything. If a shredder lib attacks me I might as well be dead.
  18. novicez

Have you tried using the settings of those who are complaining? It's very easy to claim some random statement based on personal bias without testing then proceeding to mock these "Nay sayers".
  19. Liewec123

i did try flying, and while you can tell there is a slight difference (it actually felt more fluid) it was very close to wheat it was before,
    i don't see the need for all of this commotion, it'll feel more different if you bought a new mouse, and i doubt that would stop any one from playing.
  20. novicez

I'm going to ask the question again.... Did you even try using their settings? Did you try flying with 800 dpi? with 2400 dpi? If you do, I strongly believe you would'nt be making these statements. Majority of PC players use those DPI's and if, as a game developer you manage to break the controls for that group you know you done effed it up.

Personally, the patch is beneficial to me as the negative acceleration does help me from losing aim while flying at 6000 dpi. Does it change the fact that the controls feel broken for majority of the people? No. Do I start mocking people for voicing out their dissatisfaction while presenting proof? No.