Magrider - affected by patch changes or not?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by maxkeiser, Apr 10, 2015.

1. Jawarisin

Yeah, I'm definetly going to cert my tank on VS now. I had already started that. Yesterday I pulled a few vanguards... air was kind of sad to use. But I'm still going to use it - but this time to farm infantry :D.

Definetly up for some magrider! My favorite tank :)
    • Up x 1
  2. eldarfalcongravtank

to some it may appear as a conspiracy theory, but it is apparent that the new controls for ground and air vehicles is intended to nerf their effectiveness, make aiming less precise and make them more difficult to use against small targets like infantry. right now, DBG thinks vehicles are too easy to use but instead of nerfing the damage/armor of these vehicles they nerf their controls so people cant farm away all the time. that's the whole reason behind it.
  3. JobiWan

I played a few hours last night and something was definitely 'off' with every vehicle I tried. I pulled a Lighting and the turret was really slow to turn, and the tank itself was slow to turn.

Then I pulled a Harrasser and it was all over the place, the slightest turn at speed sent me into a spin.

I was in squad surrender and the driver was complaining about how sluggish it was, and we could barely claim a slight slope up on the road, like the wheels were losing traction.

Something has definitely changed with vehicle handling in the last 2 days.
  4. Bonom Denej

Yesterday, after one hour of Swagriding, the only weird thing I noticed was the fact that the Mag kept turning on itself when when we exited the vehicle to repair it. The thing is spinning endlessly until the pilot get back inside.
  5. palto1826

idk if this is the case but i used to have issues with ps2 if i left my joystick plugged in when i played (this was a long time ago so idk if it would still be a problem) so i wonder if any other controllers plugged in are effecting the tank controls
  6. Vango

Magi is def off, there is a delay on strafes, turning is somehow different but i cant put my finger on it,and when strafing backwards momentum appears to transfer differently in a turn, tho I`m not 100% sure on that.
    B4 it was really hard to make the magi spin, now it happens all the time,but even more annoyingly any movement when exiting the tank last longer then it used to.

Har also feels slightly different then b4, I didnt notice delay in it, but I feel it is much easier now to make it go where I want it to with max racer.

Flash has changed a LOT, it feels like traction has been nerfed dramatically and spinning off is the only way to turn :/

Sundy is pretty much uncontrollable now, you either go straight or designate a few minutes to take a turn.

On top of all that we have vehicles exploding in the WGs, knifes sticking trough pistols and glue guns, AI turrets deployed over veh pads, new system for ammo packs that allows you to spam them as much as you like but completely refuses to give you back your gun control, turret stabilization for gunners going all over the place and a completely new nausea inducing flight model.
  7. Dethonlegs

Magrider definitely HAS been affected.

They have introduced a slight delay when aiming (and therefore turning). This makes fine movements (like tracking infantry) much harder as you tend to overcompensate. This also makes general driving feel sluggish.

There may also be more mouse acceleration when aiming from a standstill (making pixel scraping much harder).

So now we must:
    • Lead target by a massive amount to account for horrible velocity
    • Take into consideration the horrible drop
    • Try not to over compensate when aiming due to movement delay and mouse acceleration
    Not sure if this is a direct nurf to tanks vs infantry or rather a side effect of the overall movement update
  8. Calisai

It's definitely been affected... beyond the increased amount of spinning it does there are also sensitivity changes. Overall, its not as bad as the other vehicles because we are already used to the forced mouse deceleration (the mechanism that doesn't allow you to jack your sensitivity and turn the Mag on a dime)

As for the spinning... I'd set it spinning every time I jumped out to repair yesterday... It never used to do that... maybe a few times when I was actually trying to do it... but not in the middle of combat.

Beyond that, my gunners have been complaining about the jitter in the weapons. One of them even quit gunning cause it was giving him a headache.

Personally, I felt like the whole sensitivity of the Mag was way over-sensitive compared to the days before the patch. I run with pretty high sensitivity, and making the fine minute adjustments for aiming was definitely off since the patch.

Nothing I couldn't adapt to personally, but still was different.
  9. Dethonlegs

Along with everything else, the Mag is also more fragile. Any type of drop while at a 45 degree angle used to do slight damage, now it's insta death.

Ramming sundies head on also used to do a little damage, now you loose more that half.
  10. novicez

Was driving a magrider yesterday, can confirm. Mag controls are also affected.
  11. FBVanu

I just got killed by my own Maggy.. while repairing.. the spinning took my head off.. then I had to respawn near by, when I got back to the Mag.. it was still spinning ! It looked ridiculous - and thx for the "suicide" DBG..
  12. PinkHurtsMyEyes

All vehicles are affected by this patch. As for the magrider it can spin in its place, but more importantly strafing jerks, and the top-gun stutters during movement. As does all top guns on all vehicles. This patch changed a lot more than ESF handling. Go read a few threads on reddit for more info. But check this list for SOME of the changes:

• ESF controls
    • Vehicle steering and movement controls
    • MBT/Harrasser top gun is jerky and very hard to aim.
    • Lightning turret is behaving very strange, probably vanguard and prowler turrets too, but I have only played vanu since patch so idk.
    • Bullet drop from Lightning gun is off in a strange fashion. I presume this goes for MBT shells as well.
    • Light assault seems to lose momentum when going sideways
    • Head hitboxes are changed.
    • Seems like infantry ADAD is affected too.
    For those of you that say it's OK, Really? You really can't feel the difference? Try shooting the halberd from a harrasser now. Oh yeah, now you notice it don't you? Sheesh.