Station Cash!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MrMcPhlufflez, Apr 10, 2015.

1. MrMcPhlufflez

If I were to buy say 10-15 bucks worth of station cash, would would u guys recommend I get? I play mostly engineer and I enjoy enjoy occasionally to take a spin with with a prowler or lighting. I'm a proud member of the TR. Also is the LC2 Lynx worth it? Thanks to anyone who can help!
  2. sustainedfire

Lynx is fun. Jaguar is good.

Crossbow with recon bolts is good for engineers that are on point defense.

A halbard or Vulcan for your prowler helps to ensure you get a gunner- which makes for good certs.
  3. HUNTERANGEL121

Jaguar is arguably the best carbine.
  4. TerminalT6

Personally, I prefer to grind for everything I can buy with certs, and use SC for cosmetics.
    But because "don't buy anything" isn't really a viable answer to your question, I'm going to assume you don't care for cosmetics.

For starters, I'd only recommend buying guns with SC that cost 1,000 certs. Otherwise, it's not really worth it imo.

Carbines:
    TR's 1000 cert carbines are the LC2 Lynx, the HC1 Cougar, and the NS-11C. As a side note, the NS-11C is a Nanite Systems weapon, buying it with SC will unlock it on any character you create, regardless of faction. All of these cost 700 SC.

The Lynx and Cougar are polar opposites.
    The Lynx has the highest rate of fire of any infantry weapon IIRC. 909 rounds per minute. To balance this, it works with the 125>100 damage tier, which is the lowest of all carbines. I found it to be pretty controllable, though it's been a while since I've used it.
    The Cougar is an outlier in the TR arsenal, as it has a lower magazine size (35) and higher damage (167>125). The stopping power helps make it viable at medium range.

The NS-11C has more range than most carbines. It has average damage (143>112), but you only move 25% slower while aiming down your sights with this gun. For the vast majority of guns, you move 50% slower. I have the least experience with this weapon, so it's hard for me to give it accurate critique.

As always, I would highly recommend trying these out in the VR Training room, to see which ones work best for you.

The Battle Rifle, the AMR-66, takes a lot of skill to use well. It's pretty frustrating.
  5. MrMcPhlufflez

I'll definitely continue saving toward that 1000 cert mark for a Lynx or Cougar (at 500 btw). And the idea of a Vulcan for the prowler is definitely something I'll consider. An Terminal, I'm up for cosmetics as well, is there any u would recommend?
  6. TerminalT6

For cosmetics, because they don't really affect gameplay, you can go with whatever you want. Again, I would use VR to see how you look, because the preview function in the store doesn't let you combine helmets, camos, and armor. Currently, I wear Arctorn's Legate Helmet.

I don't tank much, but DBG has said that the Vulcan on the Prowler is underperforming, foreshadowing a buff in the future. The Halberd is very effective for anti-vehicle work, and only costs 750 certs.

For the Lightning, the only 1000 cert weapon is the Skyguard, only useful for anti-air. Killing anything else with it is very difficult. Most people think AA work is extremely boring and not particularly fruitful. I would recommend the AP cannon for the Lightning, it costs 500 certs and once you get used to it, you can peg infantry and air.
  7. Yuki10

Only buy NS weapons that can be used on any faction and hopefully across many classes. The rest just use certs for. Ideally - just grind it out. don't pay money to DBG...while new guns are always fun to use, they are unlikely to give you any sort of advantage to any meaningful degree. and why pay if there is no advantage?
  8. MrMcPhlufflez

Had no idea halberds were only 750 and AP shells for the lighting were only 500 certs. I'll definitely grind to one, if not both of those. Is there a way to switch to 3rd person in the training room?
  9. TerminalT6

Closest thing to infantry 3rd person is just rotating your character in the infantry terminal. If you have a friend, maybe you can convince them to walk the runway for you.
  10. WUNDER8AR

Seeing that the vast majority of non-default infantry weapons in this game aren't going to give you any significant advantages, barring a few exceptions here and there and depending on faction, I wouldn't spend my hard earned money for it. I would go for the grind except if it's NS stuff in which case it is actually worth spending actual money on it because it becomes a universal unlock for all of your characters when bought with SC.

Things I would spend SC on in general
    XP booster
    Cosmetics

For TR Engi:
    Maybe Lightning AP because it's NS and therefore available to all of you're characters when bought with SC (although it is only 500 [or 750? i'm not 100% sure right now] certs)
    Perhaps the AV MANA and Spitfire turret because again, it's NS stuff and available to all of your chars when bought with SC.
    NS-11C carbine. A very good all around carbine and it's NS too.
  11. ColonelChingles

Are you patient? Can you wait for sales?

If you can, you can probably expect at least 50% off for the basic sales. Which can help stretch your SC further!

We just had an infantry gear sale (helmets, camos, decals) where all that was 50% off. There are also daily sales too.

Good things come to those who wait.

For everything else, there's MasterCard. :p