Why so you hate Skyknights/Good Pilots.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ulas, Apr 10, 2015.

1. Ulas

Soo question is simple. I have been following the forum for a while. Most of the arguments about air turns into a pilot hate. While answering keep in mind that skyknights technically clesr skies from farmers.

Title Edit : Do*
  2. NinjaTurtle

They clear skies from farmers to farm themselves that is the reason people hate them.

Pilots that focus on A2A are not the issue
    • Up x 12
  3. HadesR

Don't hate them at all ... But from my time playing since Beta Air in general has seemed to be the group filled with the biggest sense of self-entitlement .. While ignoring their own advice and coming over as hypercritical ..

Now that's air in general so I would assume a lot of people don't make the separation between A2G and A2A and treat all Air equally .. Fair ? Maybe not but not much can be done about it
    • Up x 8
  4. pnkdth

Infantry farming, and because of the attitude many of them display.
    • Up x 4
  5. MarvinGardens

But when they run out of air targets(or are bored of killing air) they BECOME farmers. But hey, if someone is good enough dodge a lock on missile, dive low, fly between trees, then shoot me in my face with a nose gun when I'm caught by surprise they deserve that kill. I can both respect and hate the air game.
    • Up x 1
  6. Ulas

Well. Some ppl complain how easy it is to farm but mos of the good pilots can fsrm with their a2a noseguns. Does that make it any better.
  7. ColonelChingles

Because they don't think they should be killed by ground forces. Ground forces, according to them, are supposed to just tickle them. To be toothless deterrents.

I'm not sure where that refusal to die comes from. In their imaginary world, pilots should be only dying to other pilots. The rest of the people playing the game should be simple targets for them.

If PS2 pilots allowed a Skyguard to just as quickly kill a Liberator as a Liberator can kill a MBT, then they would be in support of fair, balanced gameplay.

But at least many of the pilots on this forum tend to think that the best counter to a Liberator should be another Liberator, while they happily eat MBTs for breakfast. They are strongly against lethal AA.
    • Up x 13
  8. JobiWan

I absolutely hate it when an ESF hovers over a base or spawn room that their faction isn't even able to capture, swooping on infantry and farming them with a OHK giant shotgun attached to their aircraft. It involves very little skill and carries hardly any risk.

I have nothing against good pilots, but these aren't good pilots, they're just farmers, plain and simple. No ground troops have anything that will OHK kill an ESF so it's extremely unbalanced in my view.
    • Up x 1
  9. The Rogue Wolf

A lot of people remember the attitude of "skylords" back in the day, when rocketpods could wipe out entire squads in a single salvo and pilots responded to complaints with insults like "infantry peasants". Not to say that all or even most pilots are like that, but hey.
    • Up x 3
  10. CNR4806

While the nuclear lolpods are gone, the Sky God mentality is still alive and kicking, my dear.
    • Up x 9
  11. FnkyTwn

A2A is honorabu death. G2A is like being killed by dogs. Yappy little dogs.
  12. GhostAvatar

• Up x 5
  13. DashRendar

Though flying A2A you still have the same milsim tryhards shooting flak and lock rockets at you even though in all likelihood you are actually trying to get rid of that pesky guy that's been pestering him that caused him to pull AA in the first place. Flying is hard sometimes...
  14. BlackSand

They farm our ground but they don't want to be farmed by ground.
    They want to be sky-god with their nosegun.
    And If they killed by air it must be only nosegun.

So i riding my full A2Aaircraft to remind them that this is not WW2 game.
    • Up x 3
  15. Yuki10

There are no good pilots. There are ground farmers and air farmers. So called "good pilots" are generally one trick ponies who can't hold their own as infantry. Thats why they stay in the air all the time and as soon as they get cleared out of the sky - they either log off or jump into a tank... because that's the only way they can kill infantry.
    • Up x 1
  16. Schizomatic

The 'skyknights' are primarily ESF pilots that are the snipers of the air, they don't contribute anything meaningful to the team in comparison to the humble Sunderer driver, or the two-man MBT crew that wrecks and protects Sunderers. The real hero pilots in this game fly spawn logistic Valks and take their deaths, work together with two other people on Libs, or take the K/D sacrifice of maintaining a Galaxy over using their nanites to pull better farming gear.

And then the skyknights talk arrogantly and condescend to the non-skyknights while flying their solo farming ESF while contributing nothing of merit, then have the ego to come onto forums and tell the world that they're important and necessary when everyone else who speaks less and does their job quietly call BS. All the while the skyknights are down voting and disliking anyone that remotely disagrees with their little niche, being loud like children who've had their favorite ball taken away from them, and wondering why they're not tolerated or beloved of the community, and the golden boys of DBG.
    • Up x 5
  17. Jawarisin

Tankbuster's max damage is 50 meters. What about flak doesn't travel farther than 50m then you can give it tankbuster velocity and spread, I would only laugh at you and not care.
    • Up x 1
  18. BlueSkies

While that does happen.. it certainly isn't the norm. You don't normally see planes from BOTH enemy factions above you at the same time (which is the only situation where a person might shoot flak at a plane that is in turn shooting at another plane that is shooting at the ground person).
  19. Jawarisin

Haha. Pilots are in every fight. Like i'd limit myself to the ground forces... Not only that, but those zones are usually riddled with AA.

I can go to TR/VS fight with my reaver if I find a lack of ESF on my side.
  20. 00000000000000000000

Well OP, heres your answer. Jawa is a great example of why people hate Skyknights.
    • Up x 2