Magrider - affected by patch changes or not?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by maxkeiser, Apr 10, 2015.

1. maxkeiser

Just a quick question - Can someone confirm whether the magrider has been affected by the recent patch changes (the air controls and added acceleration/lag etc)?

Yesterday it felt a bit off driving it. But it might just be my imagination (or a bug).
  2. Enguzrad

I'm quite sure it's your imagination. I don't have magrider's complete control respond pattern in my memory, but at least I didn't see any max speed delay for turning on keys, which is what aircraft now has.
    But I think it floats around without pilot on slopes more than it used to, but that can be just my imagination.
  3. maxkeiser

I don't think this is my imagination. Unless it is a bug, it looks like the aircraft changes (eg. mouse acceleration, sluggish controls etc etc) have been implemented for ground vehicles as well.

People all over Reddit reporting issues with Harrasser, Sunderer and Magrider.

The movement left/right on the Magrider has changed completely. It is now very sluggish and there is a delay - I move the mouse quickly across my mouse mat and the tank moves very sluggishly, with a slight delay.
    • Up x 1
  4. FBVanu

I played Magrider after the patch yesterday, I only noticed the Maggy spinning in place, slowly, while I was outside repairing it..
    Even though a gunner was sitting in it.. It just slowly rotated around , on even ground...
    But movement was as always.. then again, I have mouse acceleration turned off in the game.
    • Up x 1
  5. Jake the Dog

Theres nothing wrong with the magrider thats all i played yesterday.
  6. Linus

I hate the infinite auto-spin of the whole Magrider when you switch (on the move) from the driver seat to the gunner seat.
    Now, the same monstruosity happens constantly when you leave your vehicle and if you were turning at the same time, even slightly!

/me throw rocks to the guy who implemented that!! :eek:
  7. Mohof

To be fair the new spinning magrider feature indicates that there was indeed a change to the controls. I didn't particularly find any changes significant when I was running mine however.
  8. Hatesphere

I really dont feel for people that wanted to 1/2 a MBT, and now have to deal with a bit of drift....
  9. Chal

I was thinking the same but I had been away for a month so I can't be sure if I was just abit rusty or if it really is effected by the patch. Either way it's not a huge problem but it does feel slightly different to me...and that spinning is damn annoying.
  10. Enguzrad

Ok, you are right, I don't remember magrider spinning like that ever before. It is affected by the changes, the question is, how much.
  11. Ronin Oni

Uhm, it's always done that.

If you have turn momentum going when you leave pilot seat (either hopping out to repair or even swapping to gunner seat) it will continue to move in that turn indefinitely.

ALWAYS done that.

You have a lot more maggy time than me, surprised you've never noticed before.
  12. Chal

It's doing it alot more than it did before the patch. Maybe it's just more sensitive to momentum when you're jumping out now but a spinning mag of doom makes repairing a pain, already had 2 random engies die to it today.
    • Up x 2
  13. Jac70

The Magrider spinning is an old bug that has been resurrected. I have noticed the Lightning feels different, sluggish and jittery. This had better not be some console bollocks that has infected the PC. It's not acceptable to degrade the PC experience to make things easier for consoles.
  14. Effect

Yeah it definitely didn't spin like this before. Me and a buddy do nothing but mag and it was not doing this before the patch. Already been killed twice by our mag spinning and it spinning to reveal our rear armor to the enemy when we make emergency repairs is kinda stupid.
  15. Jawarisin

haha, I'm trying to feel bad for you guys. And in a way I do, but on the other hand I remember when you guys laughed at pilots... Well, if the controls don't feel REALLY sluggish yet, they'll probly make them more sluggish soon enough just to drive the nail home and "help" ps4.

I feel bad for tankers, and at the same time I don't.... It's hard to describe.
  16. XsolarflareX

magrider has spun for along, long time. My previous outfit, back on mattherson before the merge used to pull them and get 5 or 6 spinning together for the fun of it. was hilarious to watch pilots fly past, then double back wondering what the hell was going on lol
  17. Jake the Dog

Probably because you're a lib pilot and the main opposition to your arguments are going to be tankers XD

In any case you should just go over to your VS character and gun for my magrider till this blows over. (btw the tank glitches are extremely manageable and almost unnoticeable at least for me anyways.)
  18. FBVanu

Weird.. there was just another hot fix.. around 10:30PM PST.. played before that, Maggy is still spinning..
    After this patch.. in first person view.. it appeared as if the Maggy was a whole lot faster..
    in 3rd person view, same speed as before.. but in 1st person, looked faster than every.. i was surprised..
    speed indicator still the same 64kph, racer 3.. but it was weird..
  19. FBVanu

Well, I can drive straight, come to a complete stop.. facing a boulder, so no way to move forward.. get out, repair..
    and have to duck because the Maggy starts spinning around.. i decapitated my gunner yesterday..

I had never had this before.. Now I am even disoriented.. 'cause its facing a different way getting back in, than when I got out..
    It must be all that free Vanu Ale they have been pouring at the WG.. :rolleyes:
  20. maxkeiser

I was right. The physics changes have affected EVERY vehicle and almost every movement/object in the game.

It's all over reddit.

The game has been effectively ruined to suit the PS4, but adding analog physics inputs. EVERYTHING is affected.