Phoenix can't be controlled with mouse buttons

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Yuki10, Apr 9, 2015.

1. Yuki10

it cant....it used to before the update. lame.
  2. Jake the Dog

Then maybe you can explain the pheonixs that were hitting my tank earlier.
  3. Taemien

Mouse -BUTTONS- or -MOVEMENT-?

Cause.. I've never heard of anyone controlling them with the buttons before.
  4. Yuki10

yes - mouse buttons
  5. Jake the Dog

In any case please explain how my magrider was still getting hit by pheonixs today if they can no longer be controlled. This happened on multiple occasions.
  6. Hegeteus

He doesn't mean they can't be controlled at all, just not with mouse buttons(left click, right click etc). I doubt there's many other players who control them with mouse buttons though.
  7. Tommyp2006

Mouse movement is not the same thing as mouse buttons.
  8. Eternaloptimist

You move the mouse around on the mat and the Phoenix baby changes direction. A bit of a nuisance unless you have either high sensitivity or a lot of room on your mouse mat. But as a recent Phoenix user (who was hitting Mags and a whole lot else last night) it still works OK
  9. Taemien

I got nothing then. I've never heard of anyone using mouse buttons to control these things. Try moving your mouse to control them.
  10. Yuki10

which part of this don't you understand?

Moving mouse would allow you to control the rocket somewhat OK. However, using the same key as pitch up and pitch down for aircraft assigned to mouse buttons, you could control it much better. You didn't need 5 square feet of space to move the mouse and make it do what you want.
  11. FnkyTwn

Here's sad. I had no idea you could control the damn thing with flight controls.
  12. Taemien

My mouse doesn't need even 3 square inches to move as far as it needs to. In fact I flex my fingers without moving the wrist.

You know there is an option for sensitivity of flight controls? If I'm not mistaken, there's ones for buttons as well as mouse/joystick movements.
  13. Isokon

It may be that the Phoenix now longer uses the keyboard layout for aircraft, but that for vehicles. Therefore you can no longer use a pitch up/down keybind on the Phoenix, since vehicles don't have those.
    • Up x 1
  14. Jake the Dog

Im pretty sure thats where alot of problems are stemming from. Ill double check if I can get it to normal settings. Ill be working with a friend of mine whos controls are fine rn for controling aircraft.
  15. MarkAntony

You can. It is treated as an air vehicle (sam as ESF libs Valks and Gals)