The WORST gun in the game

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Mianera, Apr 9, 2015.

1. Mianera

As the title says, what do you believe to be the worst gun in the game?

My personal choice is the
    Phaseshift VX-S

[IMG]
    Although I don't play the VS that much, I do have this weapon and boy oh boy.... is it utterly useless. The bullet travels so slowly it is silly. It doesn't headshot 1 hit kill at long range. Hitting anything with it is incredibly difficult. I mean... for a sniper, any other choice in any faction is better than this. I'm not saying you cannot kill things with it, you can.... just not effectively at all. It may have unlimited ammo, but that don't make up for the charge up, low damage and slow velocity at all.

And guess what, this is one of the most expensive weapons in the game as well. So, low damage, badly balanced to its faction counterparts, low bullet velocity, low situational use and the price makes this my #1. I would honestly pick the candy-canon over this garbage any day.

What about you, dear forumside? What is your choice? ;)
    • Up x 4
  2. Drag0

I have to agree -- I was so excited to cert this rifle. But once out in the field it sucked. I play sniper maybe 5% of the time so maybe my opinion doesn't matter.

But for heavy -- my vote is the Lasher. It's just so slow and stupid - it's not scary at all. Now the MCG - I love that gun, and used it a lot. and now that I play mostly Vanu again I still pay a lot of attention when I hear that wind up - no joke.
    • Up x 1
  3. MasterTater

===

Hello Mianera,

yes absolutely correct. This is truly the worst gun in the game.

PHASESHIFT broken feats:
    ====================
    * mechanic in terms of "broken almost uncontrollable charge pattern"
    * shot fire delay on quick shots,
    * underwhelming bullet velocity,
    * unfitting scope attachments (its rather a 1-6 x scope weapon with high dmg drop off and bullet velocity),
    * inability to charge the weapon in cloaked mode

PHASESHIFT proposed fixes:
    ============

===
    IN ESSENCE: - convert the charge mechanic within the same firemode into a weapon with 2 firemodes just like the Spiker - it was an appropriate and absolutely neccessary solution to make the weapon actually usable and same applies to the PHASESHIFT.
    ===

* fix broken charge mechanic and still maintain the intended versatility:
    Simply put the quickshot 400 dmg and strong shot 650dmg (formely charged shot) into 2 different firemodes with deviating RoF. Faster RoF with the 400dmg shots and slower RoF with the 650dmg shots.
    This would also remove the impracticable quick 400dmg shots delay as the charge is not impacting the 400dmg firemode.

* Increase bullet velocity from the underwhelming 550 to a degree where it is actually possible to hit a slowly moving target on longrange by leading. The current state is unbearable for a sniper rifle, as the required lead is often larger than the visible space required for longrange shots in most standard situations. When having two firemodes it is even possible to have 2 different bullet velocities such as slower projectile speed with the 400 dmg shots and higher velocity for the 650 dmg longrange shots. - sidenote: Even many carbines and LMG got better bullet velocity by standard with high velo ammunition on top -

* Improve the availability of scope options for the PHASESHIFT either down to the 1-6x scopes which is more fitting the dmg fall off range or offer the fullrange of scopes from 1-12x to give players the option to use the gun versatile as it is meant to be in different situations. The current scope selection is absolutely pointless in combination with a charge mechanic, low bullet velo and neccessity to stabalize the 7x (+) scopes.

* If the Charge is kept on the strong 650dmg shots - make it possible to charge out of cloak as otherwise you are absolutely incompetitive against other players / snipers taking you out during charge, aim and gun stabilisation.

===
    IN ESSENCE: - convert the charge mechanic within the same firemode into a weapon with 2 firemodes just like the Spiker - it was an appropriate and absolutely neccessary solution to make the weapon actually usable and same applies to the PHASESHIFT.
    ===
    • Up x 2
  4. InoxGecko

Nah, obviously the Orion is the worst gun.

R-right guys? :^)
    • Up x 6
  5. Goldmonk

That and the Battle Goose. Absolutely horrendous.
  6. CapEnTrade

It's the inquisitor for being the worse pistol in use, statistics and player numbers also support this. It just can not preform better in any way over the emperor and to a good extend the rest of the TR pistols, further it pales in comparison across the fractions.
    That's a fact you can take the the bank.
    • Up x 3
  7. Cirena

I only know most of VS and TR guns from the VR room but the Trap M1 also seems to be really bad.
  8. Jake the Dog

Do you guys even ranger???

There are literally probably three people that pull that on an mbt a day... Im not kidding look at oracle stat tracker ranger uniques...

I should aurax it to be a tank hipster... omg has anyone ever auraxed the ranger???????
    • Up x 3
  9. Ballto21

Youve triggered my impotent rage by calling the phaseshift a bad weapon.

>No bulletdrop
    >Can be used suppressed
    >Amazing at medium long range, which happens often in a lot of bases especially hossin/indar
    >Never need ammo, farm infinitely
    >Very viable in semi auto mode, semi autos arent fantastic but theyre very effective if you can use them
    >2-3HK with the option of OHK wheres its suitable

Too many people forget its very versatile and only care about OHKs.

Its lowered ROF compared to the spiker makes it NOT have the same charge issue.

If youre smart with it, you can fire two bolt charges FASTER than any other sniper can refire inclusing the ghost/sasr/tsasr
    • Up x 3
  10. CursoryRaptor

Like Jake said, Ranger. The only time in the past year and a half I've ever seen someone pull that thing, they said it was for the novelty. I s*** you not.
  11. MorganM

You'are using it wrong then. It's not a weapon you can go toe to toe with dudes. It's one of the few weapons you can actually use for supressive fire. Even hiding around corners or behind cover isn't good enough because of the splash damage. You can really force enemies to clear out of choke points.

Just last night at Subterranian Nanite Analysis we had attackers breach the shields and trying to come down into the level with the point. They were coming down the jump pad shafts and stair wells. Spamming Lashers we were able to kill them as they tried to pour in. Dudes tyring to play peek-a-boo around corners and cover were getting killed to.
  12. Drag0

The TR Striker is not only a huge ugly graphic it is just a complete waste of certs. The Lancer just puts the Striker to shame.
    • Up x 4
  13. asmodraxus

Call me biased but if we go through all the weapons in game comparing the stats (not just the kills, KPH, KPU) of each weapon I have the sneaking suspicion that the VS will win (or should that be lose) almost every category.

Assault Rifles - Corvus - slow fire rate and not massively more accurate then its opposition especially when they utilize advanced foregrip.
    Side arms - Beamer, great fire rate if you can click umpteen times a second whilst maintaining accuracy on the target?
    LMG's - Not too sure Pulsar LSW anyone?
    Sniper Rifles: Phaseshift, but an honorably mention for the TRAP as both fail spectacularly to even qualify as a sniper rifle (ie long rang weapon that's effective at killing someone with a single shot).
    AV Weapons: Striker was OP, now is not
    Carbines: No idea
    Empire specific Tank AI: PPA
    Empire Specific Tank AV: Vulcan (weakest at range but nasty up close)
    Harasser AI : PPA
    Harasser AV: Saron (not as good up close as the Vulcan, nor has the ranged abilities of the Enforcer).
    Max Ability: TR Lockdown, seeing as the VS fail to even qualify for not having one (there are rumors of one but not seen it outside of a few n00bs).
  14. stalkish

No no no, the orion is mediocre.

Any weapon VS HAs have that is not the orion is the worst weapon in the game, afterall its why they all use the orion isnt it, the others are a waste of space. ;)
  15. MorganM

Agreed... they took away it's niche use case and effectively made it useless.

Classic case of "careful what you wish for" because people were complaining how "useless" it was before and now they got this PoS.
    • Up x 1
  16. stalkish

Loool
    Your funny, i guess your next post will be how the VS playerbase makes up for this massive injustice by being superior players right?

Gota love the victimised mentality of the VS, do you guys get messages when you log on engraining this mentality into your brains or something?
    • Up x 1
  17. MorganM

Don't hate too hard on the Pulsar LSW... try it out! It's sooooo smooth to operate. So easy to land hits directly on target even during sustained fire. They honestly should have made the Pulsar LSW the default LMG and made people pay for the Orion.
    • Up x 1
  18. Riku

As someone who plays all but mains VS I agree with most points on that list - adding also the heavy weaponry category where I find the Lasher inferior to the Jackhammer and Mcg.

However I believe that TRAP and Phase**** tie.

What you did was mocking instead of making a well laid out argument. This is commonly done by people with confirmation bias.
    Anyone with a brain should also realize that just because VS have most of the worst weapons in each category does not mean they must therefore underperform. That they do as well or better than the other factions is because they have, for most categories, solid alternatives to their "worst" which are heavily used by the vast majority, and the bad weapons eat dust.
    • Up x 1
  19. ATRA_Wampa-One

Change the Beamer to the Mag-Scatter and this is basically spot on.

Not superior players, superior coordination. Well, at least on Emerald most of the time.
  20. Mianera

Sorry about that, I'm just sharing my personal opinion from my point of view and from my experience :) And you didn't mention your personal choice for worst weapon in the game! ;)