Can we stop Nerfing ?????

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NoobStylerIGERI, Apr 4, 2015.

1. Goldmonk

Yes it is smarter and makes you think, I am that kind of person as well. But two things come to play. Most of the times, the enemy will already have the advantageous positions: on the hills, covering doorways, and controlling the airspace. So even if you feel you are engaging them from your desired positions, they have already dug in and are ready for a fight. Two, most newbies and players in general don't want to have to think. They want to go out and shoot their little rifle, like FPS's promise. Adding an extra step will just turn them off.
  2. TheFamilyGhost

"cheese them". Interesting. Use of pejorative suggests that you are disingenuous.

Speaking of balance in this game is nonsense.

In this game, "Balance" is based on in-game performance, and forum tears.

Why is in-game performance a bad input? Because there are so many variables.

Why are tears a bad input? Because they are tears.

Back in the day, players understood that it was UP TO THEM to create imbalance, not the tools. You see, every game relies on imbalance. If there were no imbalance, there would be no winners. Every game would be a draw. Real players know that creating that imbalance is up to them, not the game designers.
    • Up x 1
  3. TheFamilyGhost

Sounds like you recognize your challenge. Are you up to it? :)
  4. Goldmonk

Dude, I played TR when Mattherson was around and dominated by the VS. I've seen hell.
    [IMG]
  5. TheFamilyGhost

Ok, you're up to it! So that means you don't need to beg for mercy on the forums, but can instead help people to understand that they need to be accountable for their experience. Good man.
  6. Goldmonk

It's what I try to do. I don't hackusate or call OP without doing my research first. That's why I made two accounts with the VS and NC, just to test the weapons. I feel this game would be better if we got rid of all the whiners.
  7. NoobStylerIGERI

Ok lets talk about the old PPA of VS..

Iam NC Player play 1,5 years only NC, 1 Year only Ground, and never get some big Probs with the old PPA..

Lets talk about PPA now....

An ESF bomb Base with PPA, what u do now? Ya just take AA Max and esf is down! Is that the Story of PS2?

Old days, if u take an AA max u got no Chance, coz PPA wold kill u fast..
    U Need some idea or some Air Support for, that PPA guy..... that was a Story, and u was happy, if u get him Down...

And wo talk, vs the old PPA u got no Chance as Inf?
    I got so much Syth with that ppa down, only with the old lock on ( no fast locks)

Than i start flying, and i wish all syth Play only PPA....... that wold be a nice kill streak

I dunno who is the Problem of old ppa? and iam an NC gamer..

U guys want that u kill as Inf, all vihecles easy, without ideas without Skill..
    just lock him or take AA Max.
    That is not what i wish for that game...
    It was great, because for some OP weapong u Need ideas, now u dont Need something..

Comes an esf, just take Locks without any cost, or take an AA Max, so easy
    Comes an Tank, just take C4 or ground rockets.....

I Thing, Fractions should have some OP weapongs, that the other Need teamplay or some ideas...
    If all syth Play PPA, than ask ur Air, they wold be happy and say thx for that kill....

Only what u Need in this Game:

Just lock what u can
    • Up x 1
  8. ReconTeemo

You do realize it will only stop if people stop calling for nerfs, posting "suggestions", "crying on the forums", etc... right? They don't nerf for nothing, it's people that complain a lot that made them nerf. You feel me doe? [IMG]
    • Up x 1
  9. Crowne

I don't think it's possible to stop nerfing. I mean, nerfing the nerfing would essentially be nerfing so you'd still be nerfing.

Could maybe try just forever buffing everything else to counter the unintended OP factor, but that could still be construed as nerfing aside from the vocabulary change.

I think the answer lies in actually nerfing way faster when something is released with stats or mechanics that aren't working well. The problem is when it is released, and then the devs go on their merry way to something else for far too long. By the time it gets looked at, too many people have grown dependent and/or accustomed to the overpowered stat/mechanic and bringing things back into place becomes more painful than it would have been if it never had a chance to gain such traction.

The job should never be considered finished upon release, even if there are no bugs. It should be considered in-progress and open until a couple weeks after release while metrics are very closely watched and used to project the direction of effective affect.

Tweak as needed, quickly and decisively. Then move on to the next thing, not until then.
  10. NoobStylerIGERI

they Nerf for nothing? really?

ok lets talk about from lolpods...

2 years, People Play with it, peple handle it.
    2 Years no chances Need it

than, People start crying about it, and finish, lolpods got nerfed after 2 1/2 years PS2

that was an nerf for nothing after 2 years...
    • Up x 1
  11. Crowne

Was there maybe a nerf to air counter prior to this particular nerf? Can't remember.

Reason I ask is, if there was then it would have indirectly buffed lolpods, thereby calling for a readjustment to match.

Rather than go with "the people are crying!" It might be more productive to look at context. Way too many people take the easy road of accusing everyone they disagree with of crying and whining in an attempt to ridicule them without ever understanding, at all, what it is they're saying... or admitting there may be some truth in what they're saying.

This ain't Congress, people, we can do better than that.
    • Up x 1
  12. ChUnKiFieR

You don't get it do you! It's about the money. They don't care about you. It goes like this, introduce a gun, sell the heck out of it, nerf it and introduce a new one. Rinse, repeat!
  13. asmodraxus

But but but the Orion is soo OP...
  14. Alox

Fun way to do it: Keep buffing UP stuff and every once in a while when the power creep is too much do a general reduction of everything, that is not a nerf as its equal to all, then resume buffing UP stuff.
  15. Ballto21

NERF NERFING
    • Up x 1
  16. Yessme

I agree, this Game is bader like befor.....
    thats why i stop Playing this Game.. and much other Gamer wo liked it.

that game is an Lock on game....

the question is, why Soe start nerf? look at Battelfield or games like this, they dont nerf, and u can kill a tank with 1 bomb in 1 sec...

I agree with the title, and with the reset to old Defaults.....
    Was just more intressing, to Play that game, now is boring...

Ignore that talk, that if u stop nerf, Player leav ...

remember old Days, wo all faction got OP Thing, at These times More Player played than now...

Old Primetime all kontinets vull, 2 vull 2 with some 98+ fights
    Now at Primetime 1 Kontinent is Locked, 1 is Vull and the other 2 just 2 or 3 small 48+ Fights.....

Ahhh, vorgett lolpods, they got now so hard nerfed, that u dont Need it anymore, better take Hornett now.
    But there is some thread, wo People cry to nerf Hornetts, that is PS2.
    How funny :/

If u listen to that Forum, than u know 1
    All things are OP, and if u delete all Weapongs and let they Play only with knife,
    u will see, than u see here threads NC , VS, TR knife is OP, Need nerf plz
    • Up x 1
  17. Liewec123

as much as i don't like nerfs, realistically it is the best way to balance the game.
    99% of all weapons i think most people would agree are fairly balanced, there are just a couple of things that seem to perform above the rest.

should the devs spend months boosting the other 99% or simply bring the few over performing thing in line?
  18. kungflu

you know what the people wants. BATTLESHIPS! HIGBY PROMISE US BATTLESHIPS AND HE DIDN'T DELIVERED IT.
    • Up x 1
  19. xthezerohunter

This is the result of trying to please everybody. You change one thing because someone gives a legitimate reason and gives you the information to back up their case with logic and solid evidence. The devs react accordingly. Now everyone thinks they have something worthy to say but fail to do what the first person did. The argument of "Well, what makes that person so special?" comes up and people demand change. Everyone starts to drown each other out and it becomes a mass of sewage that constantly collapses in on itself, now you have a dying star. The star once shined brighter than anything else, but it has now been corrupted by those foolish enough to change it. The star no longer wants to shine, it wants to die, the star says, "If I can't live as myself I don't want to live at all." The star allows itself to be corrupted beyond recognition and dies more and more inside with each passing second. The star dies and those who killed it only acknowledge the death as a cause of the star not listening. No one tells the corrupt that they are wrong for fear of being corrupted themselves. The same happens over and over until it becomes the norm. Another star rises and decides to not change for anyone nor anything. The galaxy that the star resides in does its best to tell the star that is worthless, not because they want to improve the star, but because they want to be the star. They are envious of the star for being able to be independent. Others decide to do the same, and shine all that they can shine. Their bright light cuts through the corruption and once again the galaxy is the way it used to be, but darkness will never die. It will never die. Pretty much sums up society and how people think.
  20. NoobStylerIGERI

lol thats True, they start cry over the lenght :p urs is longer than mine :D

Nerf r a Big Problem of PS2, and ruin that Game

The star weas PS2, and shine is going to End of that Game