[Suggestion] FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE MAKE USING HE A LESS MASOCHISTIC EXPERIENCE

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ianneman, Apr 4, 2015.

1. Ianneman

Holy ****, after Auraxing AP and HEAT... Aurax HE is seriously the worst gaming experience I have ever had. It's more than just a chore, it's a burden in this game, it's absolutely INCREDIBLE how **** this weapon is and it's absolutely incredible that it's a requirement for the MBT directive.

Seriously. The velocity and reach are absolute ****, the damage is so low that straight on hitting an infantry unit won't even kill it, using HE makes you a free XP prize for any kind of AV... even 1v1 against AP lightnings, HE on a MBT will lose 90% of the time.

Holy mother of god do something to make HE actually have a ******* FUNCTION because the ONLY use it REMOTELY has is being part of a zerg and suppressing infantry in a spawn camp. Otherwise it's just... holy **** I have no words for it.
    • Up x 2
  2. Bonom Denej

Remember when HE was abused to farm infantry without any chance of retaliation? That is the result of it.
  3. Scr1nRusher

HEAT & HE nerfs along with the rocket splash changes were fairly unneeded.

The problems has always been base design & the games obsession with CQC infantry fights.
    • Up x 4
  4. HadesR

Isn't that working as intended though ? AV loadout beating an AI one
  5. Xiad

Blaming the game entirely is ridiculous though, since it only takes a moment to remember that the vast proportion of any given faction is acting independently of any sort of organisation. The fact that chokepoints exist is rarely the sole reason for masses of people crowding up at them, discarding any thought of finding alternate routes to a goal.

But yeah, accomodating for those that would senselessly batter their heads against the nearest frontline is what this game is about. Enough of these people cry that they are repeatedly killed by weapons designed to have a large area of effect and boom, it's the tanker's fault.

With all that said, there are still effective situations to use the post-nerf HE weapons. You can no longer solo cleanup an area as one might have done previously, but with a little extra help, dropping a handful of shells on a now endangered forward spawn rakes in kills.

In summary, it's not as bad as you make it out to be and, though the nerfs to HE were valid, much of that can be attributed to peoples' lack of interest to try other tactics in response.
  6. Crayv

Problem is that any AI weapon is inferior to AV and the only reason to ever use them is when they are a total farm tool (PPA, Banshee, ect). This is mainly due to the fact that AV weapons across the board are way too good at AI. Why give up nearly all your effectiveness against vehicles for only improved AI when you can use a weapon that makes you the largest threat against other vehicles and is still effective against infantry (and in some cases even better at AI)?
    • Up x 1
  7. SteelMantis

I had my VPC (HE) Magrider out a little while ago.

It's not bad, I had a few good runs (40 odds kills on the best on tonight) and killed two people with a single round a few times.

Of course of anti-tank cannons are usually better but the anti-infantry do their job. You just have to use them for their intended role which is farming foot soldiers.

The nerfs were a good thing in my opinion, farming infantry shouldn't be too easy or encouraged too much.

Unless you are going for 100% tank directives you can skip using the HE and still get the top tier reward last time I checked.
  8. Ianneman

AV vs AI MBT yes, AV Lightning vs AI MBT ought to be around 50/50.
  9. Liewec123

you have only the HE farmers to blame, i remember the game back before the nerf, there would be a dozen tanks camped around your base spamming HE at the spawn room, do you remember how ridiculously dull it was?

imho it is impossible to balance splash damage weapons in a way that will make them just right.
  10. MarkAntony

Remove HE. It's only use is infantry farming. get rid of it.
    • Up x 1
  11. Xiad

Well yeah, I agree, other than encouraging strategies wildly different to pouring out of a single, concentrated area, such as a spawn room. Spawn camping (both attacking and defending) is still a thing, whether HE is nerfed or not.

People that can get farmed deserve to be farmed. Same as with those that stand still for any length of time; they don't deserve to have a head on their shoulders.
    • Up x 2
  12. Scr1nRusher

Sigh......

HE is supposed to be a effective cannon option vs clusters of infantry.
  13. Scr1nRusher

Its not impossible, it just takes thinking.
    • Up x 1
  14. Scr1nRusher

That was due to base designs(such as A point in the tower bases, which is still problematic today).

Also infantry not wanting to pull vehicles and aircraft themselves to fight back(or use AV teamwork), or redeploy en mass to another base and do a counter attack on the attack on the base.
  15. TheFamilyGhost

I remember when infantry cried because they kept on rushing out of the spawn into the face of HE regardless of the rule: campees have poor game experiences.
    • Up x 1
  16. CNR4806

I'm baffled. You have issues with HE but not HEAT?

Granted, both suck in their current form, but HEAT really sucks more because it's not even decent at anything. If you're going for AV or direct-hit AI, AP is a million times better; if you're going for AoE AI, HEAT splash doesn't even OHK under any circumstances.
  17. ronjahn

Vanguard HE wasnt all that special before the nerf. It's laughable now.

I think HE should be more like HEAT, but have maybe 3/4 less reload time. AI is all about ROF. I'd be perfectly content with splash damage being weak if I didn't have to wait a day and a half for my next shot.
    • Up x 1
  18. Xiad

Iunno. I like the low ROF of HE main cannons on tanks. Thinking it through, placing that shot just perfectly and getting a handful of kills is rather satisfying, whilst Fury/Zepher spam gets rather tiresome after a while, for example.
  19. Lucidius134

imo they should reduce the blast damage, increase the aoe and increase the ROF (revert the ROF nerf)

they should be able to harrass infantry with AOE and pick off wounded ones.

The less damage it does the better flak works against it. The more the ROF, the more it encourages infantry to move away from its line of fire or else get hit again.

I'd rather play with this in a support capacity then have it be completely ******* worthless
  20. _itg

Base design was definitely the original problem, but at this point it's simply a reality that can't be changed, given the glacial pace of game development. It's better for HE to be crap than to make HE good at the expense of utterly ruining a good portion of Indar and Esamir.