Developers please remove red no deploy zones.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Rainman88, Apr 4, 2015.

1. Rainman88

The red no deploy zones for sunderers need to be removed. It was a fix for something that wasn't broken, and has really dulled the game as a consequence. Widening the radius of the white deploy zones, is an idea to counter balance the removal of the red ones.
    • Up x 1
  2. Obstruction

while you're at it, find screenshots of the old Crown and change it back. same era of bad non-fixes to non-problems.
  3. CNR4806

Red no-deploy zones are for giving the defenders an edge.

There's no such thing as "defending" when the attackers can deploy a Sunderer on the capture point.
    • Up x 5
  4. thebigbortishbort

on the topic of defending i do miss the old crown , as much of a scrub magnet it was , it gave some really good battles and was really entertaining seeing the small red hex in the centre of the map .

PS , no deploy zones are staying , and for good reason of giving the defenders a chance.
    • Up x 1
  5. \m/SLAYER\m/

there a lot of bases, where you can deploy on the point
  6. Angry Scientist

Sounds like someone doesn't remember a platoon gate diffusing through amp station shields and parking on the steps to instantly dump an entire platoon on the point before defenders even had a chance to zone in.

Or numerous other little 'totally fair' situations. It broke the game, and will never be coming back.
  7. Goldmonk

Honestly, having an enemy sundie drop a squad off on the point and then parking it's royal butt on the point was always aneurism inducing and forced me to go through three keyboards (not really, but you get the point. Not only did it give the enemy a free drop on the objective, but it also gave the sundie a ****load of protection. It was impossible to defend against. So in response OP: NO!!!
  8. Makora

Till this day, some NDZ's are either bugged (old amp stations) or just plain useless on bases (Amerish in general) where you can deploy a sunderer in ******** positions, basically right on top of a capture point. Hell, people drive sunderers ON the tech plant capture point and if it's the attackers they have the audacity to ask why the defenders didn't do that. "Because we're not like you; exploiting trash not worthy of basic human rights." comes to mind.
    Not to mention the broken as hell exploit where you can squad spawn into a sunderer when it is in a red NDZ. In fact, not even defender sunderers should be able to deploy in red NDZ's. No one gets a free pass on this.

I mean, specially about tech plants, those damn rails and blockades were put in specially to make it really difficult to get harassers up there. And having a sunderer is ok? No. It is not.
  9. Klypto

They should only be removed on Biolabs.
    • Up x 3
  10. CNR4806

Well, this one I can agree with. They're really pointless at Biolabs since the capture points are high above anyway. If people want to spawn-camp the vehicle garage I say we let them.