It is easy to cheat in planetside 2

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by SLK18, Mar 28, 2015.

1. SLK18

So I have a lot of time in this game and I noticed a few abnormalities within the player base.

I have 3 issues I want to address with the current state of the game;

1. ESP detection: the fact that I can sit on top/corner of a doorway not visible to the enemy and still have the enemy have their guns pointed to me as they enter the building.

2: Aimbots: I can accept the fact that some people are just better than me, but getting instantly aimed and shot in the head after shooting someone in the back is not legitimate.

3.No/clipping immortality: This doesn't bother me much, the enemy can't hurt you and you can't hurt them. It often looks like a dead body floating around in the air.

Please fix these issues. Thank you daybreak for listening to this thread, If it is improperly placed, please move it to the correct place.

How often does this occur?
    • Up x 2
  2. Copasetic

The game needs a few more GMs or something because it's been getting pretty bad lately. I reported this guy yesterday and he's still at it today, 26 hours of play time so far.

https://www.planetside2.com/players/#!/8259705530254913553/killboard

Every day I see people using movement cheats to teleport around, never mind the harder to detect things like ESP.
  3. user101

It's amazing how many people cheat in PS2 -- Invis and still get shot in the head. Aimbots killing you from 300 meters.
    VS are the worse for cheats... Guns that kill in one shot that is the one that hot now...

You would think with Daybreaks history that some one would figure out that Nerfing and Cheats are the wrong way to go with all the players that they have lost.

History says when you loose players your doing something wrong.... Nerfing alone has more than shown this. Lots of people left because of the cheats also....I don't play near as much with all the cheats going on.

DayBreak your doing something wrong fix the cheats - un-nerf the game... bring back physX.... (stop loosing players)
    People quit because of these things.
    • Up x 2
  4. Problem Officer

Someone killed me in a really weird way so I checked stats but...
    [IMG]
    • Up x 5
  5. Spiritualised

Without a doubt there are cheaters in the game. The only issue I have with people calling others cheats, is when they don't understand the game mechanics. Heres a link to a great example of someone completely misunderstanding what is going on in game. Before anybody else listens to you, I would suggest they all take a read of this thread, then they can decide for themselves just how expert your opinion is. ,https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/bot-bugs.98397 :)
    • Up x 1
  6. HAYMAKER

Seeing a player's stat page like this means the account is either highly out of date (not logged in for a very long time) or the account was banned.
  7. Wreckcenter

I've run into a cheat at least twice now where all the bullets in a clip are shot in about 1/100th of a second with 100% accuracy. My MAX suit would lose the top bar of health nearly instantly. It's almost like it's forced latency, if I had to guess. Maybe holding all the fire packets, and then releasing them nearly all at once. They reload (while jumping around... I guess to taunt?), then second bar is instantly gone and they run off and do it to someone else. For a non MAX, it's one shot kill to anyone.

Doubly annoying when it's Vanu faction doing it.
    • Up x 1
  8. VexXenon

Get in a tank, that'll take care half of small arm fires, and u get to shoot back at those pesky cheaters :)
  9. TheKhopesh

link broke.
    :(
    • Up x 1
  10. TheKhopesh

That's not entirely true.
    https://www.planetside2.com/players/#!/5428010917251477233/stats
    (Guy who's had this bug and has been sending in requests to have it corrected since the Player site was first created.)

I've known Kitten personally for well over a year now.
    He doesn't cheat, and he's certainly never inactive!
    He simply has lots of time and experience in the game, and the player site has randomly chosen to bug his player account info.

The player site is chocked full of bugs, and will do this to accounts sometimes at random (without any wrong doing or inactivity on the player's part).
  11. htmlboss

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  12. user101

I would say that you got killed by a Daybreak aimbot -- yes they do run them when the game does not have enought people even though they will not admit to it.

A couple times on Wasterson Server I ran into this... with out a doubt they were Daybreak aimbots. Does not happen much but ever now and then it does. Maybe they were testing them or something.

You have to watch what you say about the Dev's --- Or you get the BAN for 3 day or a week...

The Dev's work hard just like you do at any job... Some times you loose perspective at a job or management just drives you in the wrong direction... ! Daybreak is not a free to do what you want company... it is run my Smed... if anyone is to blame about all this it is SMED - the buck stop with Smed....!

This is way companies fire a CEO they take the conpany in the wrong direction... I think Semd over estimated how many new players he was going to get.... then made the old players mad and shot himself in the foot.

The is the old saying ---> This is why if it is not broaken don't fix it....! Smed fixit and made it bad....!

Smed needed to fix the cheats and fix physx and stop this constant nerfing.
  13. Spiritualised

I know :( I found out after I posted it. Ive opened a support ticket about it as I would hate to think User101's pearls of wisdom were lost to forumsides room101 for ever. As it stands I didn't need to post the link as user101 fixed it for me with his opening couple of paragraphs above. Only difference this time is, he's blaming daybreak NPC's, when originally he was blaming SOE NPC's.
    Strangely enough whenever I see a 101 post these days I immediately find myself thinking about something Stephen Hawking once said........."the gretest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" . I can't help feeling that quote was written with 101 in mind ;)
  14. Bobjim

No, your post and yourself were more likely removed for being absolutely useless and for spreading utter horse crap such as: "Fact: ... If you slip SOE around a hundred bucks, you will DEFINATELY get away with [cheating]."

As for-
    So much tinfoil.
    • Up x 1
  15. sjtw_w_stot

Once I see a cheat, I change continents. Once I see a 2nd cheat, I disco from the game for the day.
  16. Spiritualised

I can't really understand why you wanted to make inflammatory remarks towards my post . I can only assume you're one of 101's cronies. The moment you said "In other words" you were attempting to manipulate what I said to suit your own ends. I had already stated that there are definitely cheats in the game and as for not calling people out, well thats part of this forums rules so you can't blame me for that either. Ive also never said don't have opinions. Im sure you've formed one about me, just as I have formed one about you, but this forum isn't the place to discuss that. Between the flaky network and the actual game mechanics there are too many variables to know 100% that you were killed by a cheat. Ive been on the receiving end of some weird deaths, but I can't say hand on heart I was killed by a cheat, I might think it but i don't know it. As far as Im concerned 101 validated everything I said in his last post.
  17. Turiel =RL=

The easiest way to kill a game is letting cheaters go on rampage. Right now, I have the feeling that the game has gone exactly that way. I don't think that they are currently banning anyone. At least I can pretty much see all of the usual suspects play every day.

While it may be impossible to stop any sort of cheating, it should be at least possible to bust less sophisticated methods. While it is certainly not the perfect answer, we need something like Punkbuster or VAC. As I said, it is not the ultimate solution, but at least it keeps the 12 year olds in check.
    • Up x 4
  18. TwwIX

This **** isn't going to change until the popularity of H1Z1 dies down. Until then, this game is nothing more than a glorified testing platform for cheaters. The developers clearly don't give much of a ****.
  19. HoboHunter

I've seen, recorded, sent to SOE, and seen nothing done with players straight up noclipping, teleporting, prefiring doors and corners while stationary with no darts or spotting, instant 180 degree no-reason turns and headshots, the whole line of it.

I'll agree hat 95% of the cheating accusations can kinda sorta be explained away in wierdness of the way the game processes or delays things, but there's quite a few that are so blindingly obvious that it's actually pretty funny in the moment. The kind where I'm looking at, and shooting at a guy 50 meters distant, having spotted and identified them by name, then I reload my smg, and I'm being shot from 3 meters from behind by that player. Simply not possible. That one was recorded and sent in to no avail, among many others. It's to the point on some that I just fill out the report that never gets read and offer to send the video because I'm sick of emailing the clips in.

Again, it's way harder to spot due to flaky game mechanics, but it does happen. One just has to bite their tongue on the debatable stuff and only cry wolf for the blatantly obvious ones. For every definite 'I got shot by a cheater' death, there's probably 50 fishy ones that are just game related crap. Like a run-around-the-corner delay, I get that. .2-.6 seconds, sure, why not. But 1.5 seconds after the corner? No, not a chance without intentional compressing of the packet stream. Technically that can be scripted and aliased. Better example of stream compression would be emptying 30 rounds point blank to no effect and taking 4 hits to die in return. Or watching a teammate do that, die, run up one's self observing no healing, and meet the same fate. 30, 40, 50+ hits with no death and no healing....very few and far between does that happen. 10 hits or so can happen so quickly I can chalk it up to hit detection, lag, you name it. Maybe even 15 or 20 shots that don't count for that reason. Much higher, and there's just no way.
    • Up x 1
  20. Spiritualised

Its hardly an essay compared to some of the replies on this thread. Its just I've always found It makes more sense to listen to what the informed critics have to say rather than wading through post after post of uninformed criticism from people who don't know what they are talking about. As for taking things personally, Ive never been one to get too upset about the opinions of a random dead head on a game forum. Sorry to disappoint