[Suggestion] PLEASE give MBTs annoying/taunting/funny horns as well

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ianneman, Apr 2, 2015.

1. Ianneman

Seriously, there are few things more thrilling than a 1v1 MBT faceoff, or having AP on your MBT and seeing a helpless Skyguard and charging at him like a raging animal hungry for an easy kill... Even though HE is useless, it is always fun plopping your tank down next to a point when some outfit is doing a gal drop and blasting them to smithereens, or managing to chase down a Harrasser for once and shag the annoying bastards into oblivion... there are so many situations where I just find myself begging for a way to pour some extra salt into the wound with an annoying or fun horn...

Harrassers get the fun stuff, Flashes do, Sunderers do... why not MBTs?
  2. DrPapaPenguin

If only NC could get Mr. Torgue's voiceovers as their horns.

"You're in Torgueland now, sucka!"
  3. SanPelicano

Only if Vanus get some Mad Moxxi quotes:

"Ouch. I think that'll leave a mark."
  4. Calisai

At one time, I thought there might be a technical reason for it. Like they didn't code in the hooks for the horn on MBTs/Libs/Gal, etc. Back then, I could understand... even if I didn't like that type of reason.

However... after they released the anniversary horn.... I made this video:

Since then, they've released 1 other horn for the MBT. A faction specific one... in almost 5 months... they've released 1 horn, when the Harasser/Flash/Sunderer gets what? Like 12 choices?

With the code change to put horns into the vehicles, it should have been easy to add the current horns to the mix. I don't understand any technical issue that should be stopping them... the audio files are in the game... the hooks are in to call them... its just associating the horns and adding them to the shop.

I've waited months giving them the benefit of the doubt... then with these horn releases... being Sundy/Harasser/Flash only yet again... and its just brought up all the old arguments. I mean.. W. T. F.

Whatever.... Guess I'll just not spend any of my 3k SC that's sitting on my account and has been for 6-8 months straight.
  5. AssaultPig

SUGGESTION: PLEASE don't give annoying horns to any more vehicles
  6. Calisai

Hmm... how bout a checkbox to turn off horns... like you can do with proxy chat. Would that make your grumpy butt happy? ;)