[Guide] NC really do suck and have no power

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by CartoonFace, Apr 1, 2015.

1. CartoonFace

https://www.planetside2.com/players/#!/leaderboards

Also if you click this link and click on all the top kills you'll notice that all of them prefer killing NC...... I wonder why. Also i notice a pattern witch i found myself doing while playing each faction.

NC kill TR
    TR kill NC
    VS kill NC/TR mostly NC to boost my own ego

Enough said

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  2. FateJH

You think that's bad? The only North American server representative on that list is HondaDude.
  3. Atis

Fixed some typo for ya.
    • Up x 15
  4. JonboyX

Meh. Daddy and LazyTR rarely left their Mossies. Hardly an indictment of the empires repertoire.
    A better set of stats were posted elsewhere where you saw on every server NC in 3rd place for K/D.

... but really, it's small fry on a personal level. User ability >> empire. If you're good, you're good. If you're bad... no empire trait will help.
  5. Demigan

Daddy hardly left his Mossie, LazyTR could be found using HE/HEAT Anchored Prowlers on nearby hills mostly. It's sad that farming that way is a way of getting to the "top".
  6. FLHuk

Didn't we have this argument back when all the first BR100s were VS, then TR and a looooooong while later NC?

Get over it, work harder at being a good NC and take some pride in the effort it took you!
    • Up x 4
  7. SgtBANZAI

Yes, NC do suck. Oh, no, I'm a bit wrong, NC players. They are those who really suck.
    • Up x 1
  8. FieldMarshall

Thats very shallow. Its probably a bit more complicated and deep than just "NC sucks, look at leaderboard nuff said".

I like to call that the "Orion effect". I personally dont mind the Orion, but the general view on it is that its "OP".
    So you get people who (probably subconsciously) avoid fighting VS because they have the fotm op toy.
    They also have annoying things like (pre nerf) PPA. People dont want to be annoyed when they play, so they drift away from fighting VS.
    And sprinkle in a few people with ZoE PTSD who dont want to fight them either (subconsciously or not) and you end up with your scenario.
    Nobody wants to fight VS and VS just picks a faction to double team.

Thats because you play NC. Ofcourse its going to seem like they "always" attack you because you dont get to see the TRs side of it.

I was also going to write something about how new players are more likely to pick NC (and thus getting farmed and skew the stats) but i honestly dont have time to go into details and explain why.
    Point is. "NC sucks, look at leaderboard nuff said" is not really "evidence" of anything.
    • Up x 1
  9. CartoonFace

Your judging the way i play and you've never seen me play before? o_O
  10. CartoonFace

Are you that involved in the story of this game that you actually think that you are TR them selfs? :D its not the player its the weapons that are given out how do i compete against a vulcan or minigun + the IWINSHILED
  11. CartoonFace

I really do like what you said here, but being a full time Nc player myself i fight whats available.I also do fight TR more. But it wasn't untill i tried being Vanu at lvl 1 untill then i realise after having 17 killstreak without death just how bad NC are and how good Vanu was. Now if that doesn't say alot then what does maybe my subconscious kicked in knowing im against players that are using shotguns in a empty fields 300m away :)
  12. customer548

You guys will make this game poor with your endless tears. You'll make this game being like all other Fps' : a damn no brained giant fight, whith no fun, with generic equipments and factions. Only colors will be different, and i bet you'll still find a way to still cry about it.

PS2 brings different factions with different weapons, different gameplays. Deal with it or just leave ?
    Who cares about top leaderboards ? Who cares about other players ? Just have your own fun, stop crying. Stop trying to find excuses, just train and improve your gameplay.

There are tons of weapons, just try and find the best one which will suit to your gameplay. All weapons are different in each factions, some are useles, some are incredibly good. Just train, be curious, stop crying.

You are destroying the game : you are all freaking about Vanus on forums, and finally you all begin to be scared about them ingame (as far i can read)...because of their supposed "cheated weapons, cheated camos,cheated tanks,cheated whatever you could imagine inganme"...that's ridiculous. Your damn weapons have recoil but hit harder as a NC, so you have to spend less bullets to kill a damn guy. Stop crying, just aim.

You want all factions to have the same gameplay, same gear, and have giant no brain fights where you'll not have to think, to cover, to aim ?...Just play to another game, there are plenty of them. Why not playing to a single offline FPS ? In this way perhaps you'll be happy and not frustrated ?

And by the way, this leaderboard means nothing : it's about people who started to play from the realease of the game to today. Players who spent more time on the game are on this leaderboard, and they have more kills, more score, more of anything because they are "old" players. Stop crying and look at weekly and montly leaderboards...You'll find NC top rated players.

And again : who have any interest in leaderboards ?
    You feel bad about your stats ? Try other weapons, improve your gameplay. You feel frustrated by other factions ? Stop crying, and make a lvl 50+ reroll in Vanu faction....you'll understand that grass isn't greener there.

You still say "omg...Vanu cheated...go a lvl1..made 150000000 killstreaks"...Did you hide and snipe only? Did you join a 14000 Nc zerg with only 8 opponents at this time ?...This is ridiculous, a damn lvl1 TR or NC will do the same score.
    And by the way, the way people on your own server may be different from other servers...stop saying "omg Vanu cheated, pple don't want to fight them".

Those forums are full of constant whining, that's useless, and you'll finally destroy the game. Just train,improve your gameplay, choose your faction and most of all : have fun.
  13. 00000000000000000000

Get good?

Here are some tips:

1) Play heavy assault if you want to 1v1 another heavy assault
    2) Aim at faces.
    3) The object underneath the vulcan is deathly allergic to anti-vehicle weapons.
    • Up x 1
  14. FLHuk

You're judging how I read your post :p
  15. Dualice

Just coming from Ronin's thread titled "Sigh", this made for especially entertaining reading.
  16. Lucidius134

I'd like to also bring up how NC was stuck in the canyons of indar for like 6+ months when liberator's were at farming critical mass and also the amount of new people who got farmed and quit was high b/c launch.

Not saying that's why, just possibly a contributor. (F that WG)
  17. AlterEgo

Some of the best players in the game are NC. Think Boursk, Moukass, Klypto and Drath, and His Majestic Wrelness. NC players seem to be the worst because they are the YOUNGEST players; NC aesthetics (LEGO Warrior 2012), music (Good guys are always about the rock 'n' roll), and ABSOLUTELY NO Americans have never worn a cowboy hat as a child. Proof would be seen by my younger brother and cousin, who are 11 and 9, respectively. I am 20, and Vanu just seemed the best because I actually played PS1. In summary, AGE is a significant factor that determines who is going to play as a certain faction and why.

To be sure, who do you think is the oldest faction?
  18. Chewy102

http://ps2.fisu.pw/alert/

Want to see how the factions are doing in alert wins? Look at the past alert section to find the 50 most recent alerts per server. Ignore the pie charts below that, it has stuff from half a year ago and was never reset for balance passes.

In those alert lists you will find 1 server where NC isn't ****. Emerald. Last i counted Emerald NC has 24 alert wins while all other servers have 7-11. If it wasn't for Emerald, NC wouldn't be a faction to speak of but that's mainly thanks to morning alert wins.

Don't know about prime time alert wins across servers. Don't have the time to sort them all out right now but as an overall, NC does for a fact suck. NC sucked since launch for being stuck in SE Indar for MONTHS, flinch when it was based on RPM, needing better PCs from low RPM being hell with low FPS, recoil out the ***, forced into niches without gaining anything for it, and more. Yet I main NC and have since Beta with no plans on moving to another faction.
  19. Lucidius134

Also, when harrassers were OP @ farming infantry

NC had what, a nerfed C85 Modified? (The old OSHK One shot would have worked better then that POS lol)

Phoenix sniping didn't last all that long and phoenixes wern't as goofy as strikers were. Old enforceres were just more expensive halberds.

Not justifying anything of NC's being OP just they got the poopy end on a lot of things for a long time in terms of OPness.

What did NC ever have in terms of that. Beta scatmaxes and the cyclone SMG (i forget the name you know the one) and ravens.
  20. Chewy102

Beta MAXes weren't as good as people remember them. Oh hell yes did they murder other MAXes if they happen to get close thanks to 1 more default shell per mag and a higher starting damage but even then they was limited to 15m. Go past that and even then any other factions MAX should win in a fair fight. Also back then Mattocks didn't have their 2.5 pellet spread nor their longer damage drop giving the NC MAX anything looking like range. The main reason NC MAXes was so hated in beta and after launch was that so few players had unlocked AV gear like C4/mines.

Thing was, NC MAXes had their niches positives then. Shotguns was DEADLY in extreme CQC but failed outside of that. Now, now NC MAXes can't do **** without Grinders that have the 2nd worst range from a 3.5 pellet spread or double extended mags at the cost of 1K certs. Added to Kinetic Armor that hard counters shotguns alpha damage rather well. A reloading MAX is a dead MAX and all NC MAXes do is reload. This is why I spent so long, since Beta if I recall right, pushing for NS MAX AI weapons.

As for Ravens. Ravens are powerful but I think their "nerf" didn't do jack in nerfing them. They have a 350m range cap now, Im fairly certain they had the same range cap before the nerf. So DBG failed on that if you ask me, Ravens should have a range cap of 300m from my understanding of the patch notes and debates before it. The lower travel speed worked in making it hard to hit something moving, so DBG got a win on that part. But even with 350m range they are very weak to aircraft and somewhat weak to infantry as that travel speed is a pain in hitting something even tapping A or D in my opinion.

The Cyclone. Don't know anything about that weapon. Don't have it and don't have the certs for it. So Im not one to say on how the thing works. Am close to 1K certs though, maybe I'll get it if Im not temped in spending certs on my Val instead. BR 76, played since beta, and I still have no clue what the cert into from the "oh shiny" defect in my brain.