[Suggestion] Devs, give TR and NC no bulletdrop for one day

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ballto21, Mar 31, 2015.

1. Ballto21

For one day, randomly, not telling us you did it or when, give the tr and nc no bulletdrop on carbines, ARs, and every other weapon the VS have it on (so not slug shotties, snipers, ETC.)

We will see exactly how many people notice it.
    • Up x 1
  2. z1967

but, no bullet drop does nothuing anyway?
  3. DashRendar

BRB, using AC-X11 again.
    • Up x 3
  4. Ballto21

it doesnt, thats the point. a day of you having it and not noticing it would be proof
  5. sustainedfire

As TR I would absolutely notice.

As would any veteran- Suddenly, my weapons are easy mode?
    • Up x 8
  6. Ballto21

so you frequently fire your weapons beyond 90m?

thats when you need to account for the drop of a t5 amc.
    • Up x 1
  7. 00000000000000000000

No bullet drop doesn't effect anything with less range than a battle rifle, and our bolt actions don't even get the benefit!
  8. DashRendar

Try going for headshots, you'll quickly notice bullet drop then. Maybe that's why all the good players go VS? Shotgun slugs are equal cross faction, but you definitely notice drop there, especially when going for headshots. Bullet drop is basically a nerf to BR100s, which VS automatics sidestep by default, even though they are otherwise average weapons. *flies away*
  9. wrenched

Yeah I will take the sauron thanks.
    • Up x 1
  10. Ballto21

ill admit it does help going for headshots at ranges greater than 60 meters, but the aid i find so miniscule its not worth it at that distance. The high velocity TR and NC guns can near match it at ranges up to 120m, higher with HVA equipped.

Also if im going to get *****ed at again for talking about headshots with my HSR, HSR stats only track killing blow, i can generally get off 2-3 headshots in cqc-mid range fights.
  11. Ballto21

you want 300 m/s less damage than the halberd if you miss one shot? Over a no downtime to kill a tank chaingun? K.
    • Up x 1
  12. GhostAvatar

Interesting idea. Maybe we should extended that concept and give NC/VS high rate of fire carbin.... ohh wait... *facepalm* never mind.

Now stop crying about your trait and be thankful you actually got a trait to begin with.
  13. Ballto21

i think more ammo in a mag is a very valid and useful trait, low br players have more forgiving weapons, high br players have more kills per mag.

also

909 carbine

800 (or 845) 143 damage LMG

repeater

1000 RPM auto pistol

Vulcans

ESF noseguns

plenty of high rof weapons
  14. GhostAvatar

Fair point, lets start with giving you 100 round mags in your LMG.... ohhh right... that again. So remind me, what trait does TR actually have that is purely exclusive across its infantry weapons. NC has 200 damage tier, VS has no bullet drop and TR has....??

Don't forget that damage tier though, its basically a SMG now. But still not exclusive since other infantry weapons clsses share the same RoF and/or mag size that TR has access to, like LMGs.

No such LMG exists. Highest RoF LMG is the Carv, which happens to share the same rate of fire with the default Orion. So it is defiantly not exclusive and therefore cant be considered a faction trait.

What about it. Burst pistols are no longer exclusive due to all the crying from the other factions.

Blah blah, did I not say infantry weapons. Again, stop crying. Just be glad you actually got a trait and not being some NS garbage faction clone. Yeah, it may not be the best, but at least you got it.
    • Up x 2
  15. wrenched

Watch this video and tell me if anything like that level of farm would be possible with bullet drop:

• Up x 1
  16. Ballto21

you can farm on that scale with any es harasser weapon

you just do it different depending on the gun

marauders clean house, vulcans are good against everything, canisters are marauders with ohk potential, enforecers also act like a slower fire saron
  17. Ballto21

40 bullet carbines
    40 bullet ars
    30 bullet pistols
    21 bullet pistols
    90 bullet ESAV weapons
    two shot tank cannons

I could go on.
  18. 00000000000000000000

Are we talking starting LMGs only here? because the T9 CARV is tied with the Orion/Battlegoose for the highest RoF LMG but also sports a 100 magazine size which is double that of the Orion/Battlegooses. Its a good weapon that definitely shows off TRs faction traits of High RoF and large magazine size.
  19. MonnyMoony

The repeater is far and away the best pistol in the game - has been from day 1. The other factions burst pistols don't get anywhere near.

People constantly QQ about the the Orion - yet in terms of it's stats - it is actually very similar to the other factions equivalent LMGs.
    The Repeater on the other hand is in a totally different league. Compared to the Spiker - the Repeater has higher damage per burst, almost double the fire rate, faster muzzle velocity and larger clip. The only thing it gives up is a slightly longer reload time.
  20. Vixxing

I play NC now but my main is VS and i must say: enforcer>Saron 8 rounds>6 rounds and no recoil whatsoever... once you learn the drop its godly for a good gunner (cant understand or respect any NC with halberd on the roof)