[Suggestion] Community Efforts for Idea Archival

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Lucidius134, Mar 29, 2015.

1. Lucidius134

Yo, been gone some time but i've been occassionally skimming patch notes and what not. We'll see how long this effort lasts.

Two part question:

1) Has there been any major idea compilation pages like my Galaxy Suggestions page on the wikia for other parts of the game, or atleast community wide forums of discussion on stuff? (The Galaxy Thread V2, etc)

2) Would any one be interested on working on some? I play a bit of everything but i'm not particularily knowledgeable at all the play styles.

[IMG]
    • Up x 5
  2. Ribero

Would probably gain more traction if you mention it on the Reddit too.
    • Up x 2
  3. Lucidius134

I do not have a reddit. I may make one though if there's interest.

Oh also see the community implants suggestions page i made based off of the planetside universe thread w/ all implant suggestions.

http://planetside.wikia.com/wiki/Community_Implant_Suggestions

I included all of the ones that I believe would be better off as non-implants for completetion and neutrality sake. ANyone could revert or move them around as they desire and or discuss it in the comments but no one did so I think I did an alright job?
  4. Lucidius134

5. Lucidius134

6. TerminalT6

I like this very much. Maybe people will stop posting the same suggestions over and over? Wishful thinking, probably. Still, good to see all the ideas in one place.
    • Up x 1
  7. Lucidius134

Yeah, that's wishful thinking, lol. I initially made the Gal page thinking the same thing but honestly this is just wiki practice for me that may (probably not) be seen and appreciated by the devs.

Unrelated:

A short and quick guide on adding to the wiki.

[IMG]

If you want to create a new category in the page (the whole numbers, such as adding a 'Weapons' section) you would use Sub-heading 1.

Every subheading beyond that (1.1, 1.2, 1.3) goes another layer in. So if you want to add a new idea to an already existing category, you would first add the title as Subheading 2 and then type in Paragraph.

To use bullets, go to Insert -> Numbered/Bullet list.

If you arn't entirely confident in your ability to line it up, you can post it, and i can put it up for you or you can try and i can fix your editing.
  8. Computiverse

Not incredibly on the topic of idea archives (which I do like), some of those galaxy suggestions would fit quite nicely with the Valkyrie.
    • Up x 1
  9. Lucidius134

They would. The Gal page is quiet a monster in that it has like 5 'archtypes' for suggestions. I definatly don't see why there couldn't be any tickle down to a Valkrie page w/ some similar and also Valk unique stuff too.

I don't really have much flight time w/ it so i can't really start it off w/ a list like I do everything else though. I can amke a page if you want.
  10. Lucidius134

11. Lucidius134

12. Enguzrad

I'm not entirely sure how is this suppose to work.

Let's say I would take the time to dig up threads from this forum with suggestions on some part of the game which doesn't work so well. How can I tell, which suggestions are the best and should be processed for the wiki? Even though I have an idea how it could work good, I can't just say that this particular suggestion is the one we need. Can anyone decide that at all?
  13. Lucidius134

Just go with your gut feeling. Add stuff that you feel either addresses a current issue with the class or an aspect of it or if you feel it would work with the class and add to it as a whole.

Example: I feel dual wielding, while fairly polarizing in terms of reception, could be balanced into a niche for the light assualt (which I proposed w/ text elaboration). It would also add to the class, not only by giving them more weapons but synergizing with other play styles.

I personally do not care for dual wielding in video games from a 'cool' perspective or whatever, but if implemented how I feel they should be, they could add to the class.

With LA, it's Team Play aspects (which are barely existent outside of killing), sustainability (ammo), and not having a tool slot.

Check out this video:

If it's hated enough, people will either change it a little to make sense or move it into another section to make it work, or just move it to an ommited section for rebalancing talk.
  14. Liewec123

AKA the real PS2 forums according to the devs!
  15. Lucidius134

16. Lucidius134