"Redeployside 2" Has sucked the fun out of the game

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NikolaiLev, Mar 17, 2015.

1. AssaultPig

this, in a nutshell, is why I'm not in an outfit anymore really; I just want to get in a good fight and shoot at mans and their vehicles, not spend a quarter to a third of logged in time looking at a map or sitting in a galaxy at the warpgate or whatever.

I would like to see redeploy have a variable cooldown based on either distance from current location (i.e. if you redeploy across the continent you have to wait ~2min to be able to redeploy again) or stacking based on how often you've redeployed (one redeploy has no CD, second redeploy within 5 minutes has a 30s CD, third has a 1min CD, etc.) Or maybe decouple the 'spawn reinforcements' options from the general respawn choices, and give using those a longer CD.

that being said this has been an issue for the whole history of the game; people mass redeployed all the time as far back as open beta. Ultimately it is a problem with players and the leaders they choose to empower, not with game mechanics