What lives in Auraxis?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BlackSteel97, Mar 26, 2015.

1. BlackSteel97

Because I don't know where to post this, I'll do it here.

So we know that there are some nice exotic alien plants in Auraxis. We see them mainly on Indar and Hossin.
    But you can also hear insects and birds in Amerish so, what kind of animals you think live in Auraxis?

Let's make a book about Auraxis' flora, fauna and geology.
    • Up x 1
  2. _itg

I think there was some bit of lore from PS1 which said the war killed off all the animal life. Of course, the PS1 lore also said that all the continents on Auraxis magically became individual planets for some reason, so take that with a grain of salt.
  3. Illucidator

It would be cool to have a pve continent...just sayin. (No need to scold me)
    • Up x 2
  4. Flamberge

Bugs.

:D

Sorry, just couldn't help it.
    • Up x 6
  5. FateJH

Nanite Systems was contracted to placed those speakers shaped like rocks all over the place and pla soothing wildlife noises. Helps to keep people in their SANE PLACE.
    • Up x 3
  6. Liewec123

a little bit of pve on hossin would be great, like packs of alien dogs, carnivorous plants and crocodile monsters in the water :)

you can sometimes see dragonflies fluttering around :)
    • Up x 1
  7. The_Blazing

It would be nice to see ambient fauna. By "ambient" I mean that it would have no way to interefere with gameplay. For example, there could be flocks of non-solid alien birds flying around. If an air battle happened near them they'd just fly away and eventually despawn. Being completely inconsequential to gameplay, they would also be completely clientside, with no need to network them and place more load on the servers.
    • Up x 1
  8. MorganM

Only plants and bugs apparently live on the planet. A shame really... the game could be so much more immersive with some animals. I think they could be interesting addition to gameplay. Snipers hiding in a pack of large mamals. Aircraft obliterating flying creatures accidently. Large snakes or lizards attacking unsuspecting people in water.

Wouldn't need a lot of this... just enough to make it seem ... alive.
  9. tf2hero

10. Kristan

We have a Yeti at one of the Esamir mountains. Aaand maybe a raptor thing at Amerish. The only wildlife that survived after the meteor hit at Indar.

Or maybe they saw humans coming, said "fokit" and left the planet for good.
  11. ronjahn

There's something living in the mountains of Esamir....
  12. hurricanedylan

Ron is right. The screams...*shivers*

And don't forget the snowmen!
  13. Dj Gus

Deffo something dwells there. You can haer a bear in parts of esamir.

4spooky5me
  14. MarvinGardens

Kaiju. We're going to need to build Jaeger's(BFRs?) quick before we all get wiped out.