Vehicles you would like to see added

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Sticx, Mar 19, 2015.

1. customer548

VANUs :

[IMG]

NCs :

[IMG]

TRs :

[IMG]
  2. DxAdder

IFV's for sure, this game needs them desperately.
  3. nuclearunicorn

NEW VEHICLES

Erebus – Vehicle equipped with a device that when deployed jams enemy hud's preventing them from viewing any map information or territory control ratio's and meters. Provides a weak cloak to nearby units.

Hemera – Vehicle that acts as a radar post, revealing all enemy units within its radius. If an Erebus and a Hemera's radar circumference overlap they will cancel each other out.

Ceres – A small vehicle that can dig under base walls and transport a few people to the other side. (Only really applicable if base design is changed)

Isis – A weaponless transport vehicle that can carry one sunderer or tank along with two occupants. Designed to fly low and close to the ground it has great top armor. The Isis can land and be deployed and used as an ammo station that would need to be refilled from a landing pad once depleted.

Apophis – Four manned buggy with a roll cage that will not explode if turned over. Able to be equipped with one or two machine guns.

Albiorix – A large, heavily armored, slow moving vehicle. Similar to a sunderer it seats twelve but when deployed the Albiorix would “unfold” itself into a mini base. Giving troops valuable cover where it may be needed. Once deployed the Albiorix is unable to move again. It would deconstruct if not destroyed after no friendlies are within its radius after a certain amount of time.

Sapper – A small, lightly armored, two manned vehicle. The sapper can detect enemy mines and lay a small amount of its own. It would be able to deploy sandbags and would give a repair bonus to any engineers within its radius.

Masqueraider – Lightly armored two manned vehicle. The Masqueraider wold come with a special ability to activate an on-board holographic device. This device would make the Masqueraider appear as a vehicle of the faction that owns the territory it is currently in. If you run into any obstacles however watch out! This will cause the holograph to malfunction and you will be visible in your real form for a short period of time. You would be immune to vehicle shields while disguised. When deployed the Masqueraider would give a bonus to hacking and point flipping.

Mobile Triage Center – Medium armor four manned vehicle. For use in heavy combat on the front lines. This vehicle would make a great companion to any sunderer. It would give any medics a bonus to healing. Any enemies who shoot the MTC will be automatically spotted by the unit itself.

Crius – Very heavily armored and painfully slow the six man Crius will go where other vehicles would not dare. It has no weapons and is unrepairable. The Crius could be used as slow mobile cover as your work your way to the enemy stronghold. When deployed the Crius would provide a bonus to shield regen. Be careful of when you use it as the cool down of deploying is quite long.

Firefly – Small, lightly armored, four man vehicle. The Firefly has the use of jump jets which can hurdle its light frame and occupants over base walls. It can also be self detonated. All friendlies within the Firefly's deployed radius cannot be spotted or be seen on the mini-map. (Overuled if an enemy Hemera is within range.) Provides an xp boost on up to three kills after the occupant has left the vehicle and made their first one. Would come with a considerable cooldown.

Aoratos – Small one manned plane. The Aoratos would be able to deploy a long lasting cloak similar to an infiltrators cloak. This plane would provide an xp boost to spotting. It would also be able to uncloak and fire one large blast radius emp. Anything caught in this emp would have its weapons locked for a short period of time. The Aoratos pilot would get xp from any enemies that were killed while under the effect of its weapon lock.
    • Up x 1
  4. Juunro

NC tanker here: Here is what you do in a Magrider to kill a Vanguard.

Engage him in built up terrain, when he blows the shield, mag boost over nearest elevation hill and break LOS- have secondary gunner leap out and repair for the 4-6 seconds the shield lasts. Jump back in and come back down hill behind Vanguard- you have just reset the fight completely and probably been able to get a rear armor hit in.

If you sit there pounding on the shield you will die like an idiot. If he gets the full ambush off on you the shield is irrelevant, you have still lost. I have nearly 9000 enemy vehicle kills most of which are from my AP vanguard, almost 1/3 of my entire total kills made in the game. I am a very, very good AP tanker.

Further: If you are not running full vehicle stealth and don't have a gunner who is competent while running a secondary AP weapon, you will lose against one that is every single time. Don't step into the field without the right tools. Your HEAT/PPA mag is going to die very, very hard against any dedicated AP vehicle and honestly? A well driven AP lightning that gets a rear armor shot off will probably still kill you in that situation.

Anyway, things I would like to see added to the game?

A real IFV would be nice, something that can carry 6 passangers, a gunner and driver, with the driver having access to a fixed forward Flash style Kobalt and the turret having all the non ES Sunderer gun options- M40, M60, Basalisk, Ranger, etc. Make it very inexpensive to spawn and very resistant to mines and C4, but don't give it a squad spawn option.

I would also like to see a scope option for Lightnings and MBT's that just replaces zoom with a Kobalt, you can't zoom anymore and you can't night vision, but you get a decent point defense option.
  5. DeltaUMi

I would like to see vehicles be revamped with more complex game mechanics so that it is not just a modern version of Tank Hunter from the 1980's.

All vehicles, including air, should have armor thickness and the weapons should have a certain amount of penetration. There should be hitboxes for individual modules, such as the engines, main cannon, suspension, wings, fuselage, etc. The engineer should have to target these modules individually to repair them.

Right now, Planetside 2 does not deserve to be called a combined arms game; not when 99% of the battles are determined by infantry and when vehicle gameplay is so shallow.

By the way, is it just me, or is the air dogfight gameplay simply "who can do the reverse manuver the best"?
    • Up x 3
  6. DirArtillerySupport

Even if it was the last vehicle ever added to the game....the ANT...dropping it made no sense at all.
  7. Strottinglemon

I'd like to see all NS vehicles and vehicle cosmetics be replaced by ES counterparts.

ES flashes:
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

TR, VS Liberators:

[IMG]
    [IMG]

NC Sunderer:

[IMG]

VS Galaxy:

[IMG]
    • Up x 4
  8. St0mpy

not really no, i was more thinking of a ramp type vehicle driven up to this walling which surrounds many bases allowing access without having to run like rats in a maze
  9. vincent-

Galaxy AC-130 modification lose transportation gain tactical firepower.
    Large vehicle AIR transport putting and getting vehicles were they need to be.
    Mass carpet bombing aircraft huge area huge damage only one payload make it count and work with the ground forces
    Dedicated anti-air and spotter vehicle
    Squad leader sundy sets up uavs radar and able to better coordinate squads with map painting and detail single or multiple personal missions.
    Mobile artillery Glass cannon
    ANT get these resources going and maybe add some advance vehicles into this resource system no spamming but can be critical to a fight.
    More types of tanks or heavy type of modifications lighting more armor less speed vanguard more damage less armor and less speed to compensate a heavy gun same goes for everyone
    SEA VEHICLES IF WATER CAN BE USED EVER IN THE FUTURE.
  10. wrenched

11. 00000000000000000000

Too many rubber tree plants went missing at SOE headquarters. THEY HAD TO DO SOMETHING
  12. Jake the Dog

Yeah, and here is the history of my characters because you clearly are looking for a reason to knock y credibility.
    Created my NC account on release,
    Little bit later, I was invited to a highly organized TR outfit on the sole reason of being skilled at tanking. That TR outfit later fell into obscurity, but then the directives came out so I just kept on tanking getting the aurax and watnot messing around with friends in a new outfit actually having fun with the game.
    Now, ive gotten an invite to a VS outfit back on emerald for guess what? My skills with the tanks in this game.
    Which is where I currently am, where I will help establish tactics and teach new tankers.
    And 28BRs later I've wrecked every mbt in the game with a magrider, and all enemies of course being of various cert levels.

So my question is this? How long have you been playing vanu? Because you must really suck with tanks.
    Sooo yeah, if you want a video or something I guess I could work something out possibly, but I'm assuming you're straight up ignorant anyways.

Especially since someone like Alarox, who to my knowledge only tanks, has stated to you before that its not a "winshield".
    Once again if you are running anything less than AP/saron or AP/Halberd expect your tank to get wrecked by anything that runs AP/AV secondary.

I'm also pretty sure this is a L2P issue.
    -glides away on magrider-
  13. Jake the Dog

Also new more complex ES cert lines for each empires set of ES and NS vehicles would be nice.
  14. Viere

First... to use a vehicles as we should... for transport... need to do some thing with our redeploy system, cause that going a bit annoying....
    Capturing base far away from you - redeploy...
    Need to get to the squad location - redeploy...
    don't want to die being surrounded by enemy - redeploy...

With that we lose transport firs function and that kills many of tactical strategies, like while enemy fighting in base A we will get around them and take base B... With this redeploy system everyone can fight everywhere almost in same time...

So i thing that at first need to thing about how we use already existing vehicles.

Look at situation... for now Sunderers... Valkyries... Galaxies... is just spawn vehicles... no other functions...
    Flashes are useless at all...
  15. Demigan

And how exactly did you get those vehicle kills? The character in your banner has 2565 vehicle kills and Juunro has 526. You have a lot of kills and are a good, dedicated tanker from the quick look I gave your stats, but 9000? Not even close.
  16. EViLMinD

Gimme a madmax/death race 2000 car. Less nimble than a harasser, but stronger armor. Give it a bonus for ramming. Also, give the pilot a front mounted gun. The co-pilot could get a swivel chair like the Flash has.

If the guns aren't too potent, such a vehicle would fit the game. It would be the ultimate roadkillin machine.
  17. vanu123

An AP lightening has higher DPS than the Magrider. That still doesn't change how the van has more armor, more damage, more DPS, a higher top speed, better secondaries, not to mention you can look up, behind you, hit ESFs and libs with relative ease.
  18. vanu123

I lol'd. gitgudm80
  19. Juunro

I was reading off the "vehicle kills" stat on Recursion stat tracker, but I have clearly misunderstood what that stat means. Which is my fault.

That said, nothing else I said is particularly changed by the fact; all three of the tanks in full armor piercing setup are about equal and it sort of turns into an almost Submarine style game. You stalk each other carefully, flanking flankers and so on until you get into the rear armor with a clear shot and the winner is almost always the one who gets off that first alpha strike.
  20. Jake the Dog

1st.
    You have more armor than an AP lightning and is easy as hell to kill.
    2nd
    The vanguard doesnt have a higher dps when you actually factor the top guns in.
    3rd
    you turn a hell of alot better than the vanguard without the m. Chassis.
    4th
    ive had no problem shooting libs and aircraft down in my mag as well.
    If youre trying to play the mag like the other tanks you're going to suck.