To the guy that complaint about low cert gain

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Clay, Mar 22, 2015.

1. Clay

Yesterday I did dis. If you need more Certs become member.

[IMG]

Thank you for Double XP Weekend DGS :)

(yes there are people above me but you can see at the capture/defesne stats that these people were just farming in aircraft or vehicle and not actually playing infantry)
    • Up x 1
  2. mer1c

As this is a free 2 play title I guess the ones complaining about low cert gain are neither members nor have boosts running.

If this is your answer to these people...

"Can't afford a Porsche? Go work as a manager! Can't affort a Yacht? Invent a new Facebook! Can't afford to fly into space? Become the new Steve Jobs!"

Oh and btw, if we subtract the double XP it's only 170certs per hour WITH membership bonus AND a boost. I can do that without a boost or membership. Just sayin' :)
    • Up x 9
  3. Crayv

I managed this a few months ago

[IMG]
    Dat score an hour.... I did some serious "kill farming" there.
    • Up x 3
  4. Clay

This thread is obviously not meant serious, but more a fun way of showing off what I did on double xp weekend and to show that it is possible to get 5000 certs in one day with only infantry gameplay.

u wot m8? Lets check dasanfall stats.

True SPM mer1c : 344
    True SPM Vigilante: 556

Thats nearly doubled.

git gut scrub l2p :p
  5. Jawarisin

Sadly, you can't really look at the SPM as a valid stat on any of those websites. As far as I know, it's the one stat that isn't well represented and completely wrong. You'd be better looking at their kph or something like that.
    • Up x 2
  6. Ribero

Cert gain has never felt particularly low or grindy to me personally.

Played my old NC char from 2012, Br 1 - 98(?) without paying a single penny, and the only reason I bought SC then was because I finally had some spare cash and wanted to show some support for the game (Even then I didn't buy any boosts with the SC).

But then again, I was unemployed so had plenty of time to kill.
    • Up x 2
  7. Liewec123

hehe, dog bless double xp weekend!
    i managed this one afew weeks back too :) gotta love engi suicide rushing with sticky nades :p

but totally agree with everyone here, its fairly easy to get certs, and if people are finding it too slow as a freeloader then they should chip in and buy a boost/membership ;)
  8. mer1c

I didn't say that I maintain a solid 170 cert/hour, didn't I?

What I meant was that it's no problem (with enough certs invested into the right stuff) to surpass your 170cert/hour mark. Two examples: As medic in a biolab fight, attacking while an alert is running, in a 96/96 fight or in my fully certed battle sundy with two competent gunners (I'm the driver) I reach around 180-250 cert/hour in a 96/96 battle with lots of vehicles during an alert.

Of course I have a low SPM every now and then when I just fell the need to do some 12/12 fights or drive around in my harasser, stuff like that :)

You might want to recalculate your SPM w/o boost/membership bonus and you will see that you will drop below my low 344 SPM ;)

Cert gain is no really big problem if you know when to do what and where ;) but as a beginner and/or when you're not particularly skilled it can be tough.
  9. 0fly0

i think people who complain about that are mostly new player and you re far from being new or bad player, but sure the boost help a lot, i m still glad to have buy the anniversary pack during black friday.
    • Up x 1
  10. Clay

Someone said that dasanfall stats on SPM are not accurate but they are at least not totally wrong as far as I can say. And thats what the term "True SPM" means, its without boost or membership. Thats why I posted it. With boost and everything it says my SPM is 930. So that statement above is incorrect.

No but you implied that you can do it without problems. So I would think you are doing it frequently, because why would you get a lower score on purpose if you can do better? And I was not talking about vehicle farming like you mention above.
    When I do rep sundy squad with outfit all day of course I can get even higher.

But your statement just sounds like "i can fly but only when no one is looking".

Oh and wait, arent you the guy that is always trolling around in yell chat? :D
  11. Clay

Ok lets do this:

mer1c stats per hour: 22 Kills 12 Death
    Vigilante stats per hour: 41 Kills 23 Death

Again its doubled. Looking at these numbers the SPM seem to show the difference quite accurate. Are you sure its completely wrong?
  12. Taemien

I actually don't see an issue here to be totally honest. Your analogy basically said, "If you want X, work hard for it."

Course I am over 30.
    • Up x 1
  13. mer1c

Well, because I don't feel the need to grind at maximum all the time. Unfortunately a lot of the things in PS2 that make the most of fun are not as rewarding as they should be :)
    So yes, I sometimes (maybe even 50%) do things on purpose that only earn me like 30-40 certs per hour because it's simply entertaining to me :)
    Trolling is a form of art. If you say I'm an artist, so be it :D

The title just said: "the guy that complained about low cert gain". I don't know if the guy said: "I want the same cert gain as paying members". Do YOU know that? Because only then your statement would be valid.

If a new player complains about low cert gain you as a veteran should take him by the hand and explain to him what he can do as a free player to earn more or tell him about the benefits of boosts and membership.

But your "deal with it" attitude towards these player is just rude and ignorant.
  14. Taemien

Hard work to get what you want in life is valid in game and out. I don't really care if the guy is paying or not. As others have said, they can match cert/hour gains of the OP even without boosts, so yeah what I said is valid. But even if they couldn't, they could totally just earn money to buy boosts and membership. Hard work in game or out of game will net you some results.

Coddling a new player suppresses their ability to learn from mistakes and hinders them from reaching their full potential.

So your 'Hold holding attitude' is both patronizing and ultimately destructive.

Personally I don't want new players that want to be hand held. I will stomp them silly to get them to quit if that's the case. So if you want them to stay you better work double time to prevent them from quitting. I'm not giving you any other option. I'm not changing my playstyle for you or them. If that kills the game, then I will claim victory.

Lets see if the shepherd can beat the wolf. Either way, I get competitive play. Its a win/win situation for me.
  15. Pelojian

The problem is what is your definition of 'hand holding'? seriously the biggest problem in pvp games is self-centered players that don't give a damn about how other players feel on the receiving end and whether they are having fun or not. Then when a large portion of the playerbase gets fed up of the self-centered players they quit and find a game where the enemy isn't a *******.

then the self-centered players whine that they don't have enough people to fight against.

OP nobody is fooled, this is not a 'new player has low cert gain' thread. stroke your epeen all you like cause nobody cares.
    • Up x 1
  16. Taemien

That's the difference with me, I'm not self-centered, I do run with a team and care about their well being. But I'm not going to care about a player who doesn't try to make it there. And the other difference is that I don't whine that I don't have enough players to fight, I call it a win and go to the next game.

Archeage is one such game. I helped a guild I was apart of destroy an entire server and caused a mass exodus. The players left wouldn't PVP, they'd just stand there and die without fighting back. Once all the PVP areas were empty of enemy players, I called it a victory and left.

The way I look at it is I expect the enemy to try their best to trounce me. I expect that. I also expect that they expect the same from me. That's competition. I don't give up and I don't expect my enemy to give up. If that isn't fun for them, they shouldn't step into such an environment. I'm not forcing them to play. And I sure as hell will not be forced to play in what they think is 'fair'.

Other players are free to play how they wish, but they need to understand that they can be affected by the actions of another player in a PVP environment. That is why Player Vs Player is what it is.

I am not a white knight. I am not a hero. I am not a teacher. I am a player. If people want to be those other things, great for them.
  17. Pelojian

You are jsut as bad as self centered players, you only care about you and your team, not about the people on the other side's enjoyment of the game. what you call a win i call toxic community destroying behavior. in PVP games there is no lasting victory condition.
  18. Clay

[IMG]

I even explained it myself a couple posts before :D Seriously, I think everybody gets that I only wanted a funny thread to show what I did. Every schmock promotes his lame youtube videos here so I think I can also do this. Its even better when you get a nice discussion out of it.

Oh I also do a lot of yell chat stuff. The responses sometimes are priceless^^

#yellistheonlymeta

and v6

I can at least partially agree with this statement. There will be no solution though, because beeing self centered is normal for human beeings. Of course it is, it would be strange if you would value someone else higher than yourself. We can sometimes do stuff and make it look like we are doing it for others and are good and helpful people, but if you look closely most people are really just narcissistic and mean idiots who work for their and only their own benefits. And that includes probably me too.
  19. Jawarisin

As far as a I know, it usually is. Or at least that's the feeling I'm getting. I'm not behind the coding though, so I can't really tell. Though a problem with that is a lot of players will go afk etc etc. You're better off looking at their accuracy, HSR, kph on weapons, and such.
  20. 0fly0

So true, i'm tired of watching video where people kill more friendly than ennemy, instead please tell me more about those farmer in aircraft in the top 3! omg [blng] spotted :eek: