My top 3 of TR weapons

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by zant91, Mar 21, 2015.

1. zant91

After a time being BR 100 these are my choices, but I would like to know what are yours and why.

1) T1 Cyler
    2) Trac-5
    3) T9 Carv S

I find the T1 Cycler is the best weapon in the game, its low recoil plus its accuracy makes me put every single bullet on my target, which I can kill almost instantly even before they can realize they are being shot at. It works pretty goot at close or medium range, which is everything you need in most situations in this game.

The Trac-5 it's a good alternative to the T1 Cycler, although it deals a bit less damage past 60 meters I think, I barely notice this.

And finally the T9 Carv S, which I like a lot because of its 200 extended mag, its controllable recoil and the killstreaks I made with it if you know when stop shooting and starting again.

I wait your replies !.
  2. Kociboss

My top 3 TR weapons after being BR 100 for more than enough:

1.Logout.
    2.Create VS character.
    3. Log in.
    • Up x 4
  3. zant91

There are only 3 problems with that:

1) I already did.
    2) I didn't like NC or Vanu.
    3) I like TR.

:D
    • Up x 2
  4. Kloz

That's too bad, I'm sure you'll regret it some day. But dont worry, when you realize your mistake "Papa Vanu" will be there with open arms and an Orion / SVA-88.
  5. zant91

hahaha that's nice :)
  6. FieldMarshall

1. Repeater
    If i could pick any sidearm from any faction, it would be the repeater. It performs well as both a "oh ****" weapon when you run out of ammo in a 1v1, and it works well as a stalker primary because of its TTK.
    Its mag size is good and as far as pistols go, it has decent range and doesent punish you for missing as much as some of the other popular alternatives (commi).
    Very good pistol that performs really well in many situations.

2. TORQ
    TR has 2 good things when it comes to weapons. The Repeater, and ARs. There are many good TR ARs (TRV, SABR etc.) but i like the TORQ the most.
    It has a short TTK and fast ROF, and a manageable recoil even at range. Its a very easy and forgiving AR. And as someone who likes to ADS and play at medium ranges, its perfect.
    It also sounds and looks cool (imo)

3. T5 AMC (didnt want to just add another AR as nr.3. But if i did, it would have been TRV as its almost a TORQ)
    The AMC has very little recoil even when holding the trigger. It trades TTK for pretty much everything else.
    Reload speed, good recoil, sniper-like velocity, adv.grip, rof, hipfire accuracy. The only downside to the AMC is its low raw damage.
    However, with such a controlable weapon you can very easily aim for the head to negate the downside. Leaving you with a really good weapon (if you can reliably aim for heads)
    Im an ADS junkie, and try to ADS whenever i can, even in cqb. Maybe thats why i like it so much. (Though i still prefer non-tr carbines over the AMC)
  7. Mxiter

I would say Torq, Sabr and TAR.

TR, the faction flavored for class wich use its weapons the least.
  8. johnway

My current top 3 weapons that i like:

T1 cycler - Like all default AR for the medic, its a pretty robust first weapon.

MSW - i hate the carv9, but the msw is the most effective bang for your buck. For the cert strapped player, this isn't a bad weapon.

MCG- So damn fun to use. In the right situations, pre spinning this weapon is fantastic as you outgun everything. Except shotguns. Many times i have squealed with glee as i round the corner unleashing bullets to an unsuspecting crowd of enemies and they stand there eating lead and dropping like flies. Not so hot against maxes or anyone from medium to long ranges.
  9. HappyStuffin

Torq-9 - favorite medic AR. Crazy fast RPM, accurate even in range. It essentially feels like a long distance SMG with slightly more damage per bullet. 1000certs makes it a little costly though.
  10. Lord_Avatar

1. TAR
    2. Jag
    3. MSW-R
  11. ReconTeemo

Not in Order,
    Armistice
    t9carv
    Claymore - yeah that's right it's my ultimate skill what cha' talking about? :D ok ok you said guns, so Torq.

Before the Nerfs I would say,
    1. Jag
    2. Lynx
    3. Tar
  12. TheMish

1-MCG

2-T4 Amp

3-Onslaughts

The MCG, because I love the firepower, and using it to PURGE INFERIOR REBEL SUBHUMAN SCUM!

The T4 Amp because it's a pocket machine gun, really good for emergencies to PURGE INFERIOR REBEL SUBHUMAN SCUM!

And the Onslaughts for the Max, because most fights with the Max are close range, and if you lock down it's great for PURGING NO GOOD SUBHUMAN INFERIOR REBEL SCUM!

13. TheDarSin

1- TSAR-42
    2- Rams .50m
    3- SMG-46 Armistice

The Tsar since its probably the best sniper in the game.
    The Rams for super long range sniper shots.
    The Armistice since its probably the best gun 1v1 coupled with a cloak.
  14. Rogueghost

Carv
    MSW-R
    Jaguar

The hardest part about playing heavy is deciding if I want to use the MSW or the Carv.
  15. St0mpy

1) if you like the T1 try the torq, they feel very similar but the torq sounds way better

2) try the jag if you like the trac5, it has the same dps but better other stats
  16. Liewec123

Pounders (amazing for both AV and AI, though the harsh ammo nerf has hit them hard.)
    Prowler AP (again, both amazing for AV and also better for AI than the NC/VS AP rounds)
    Vulcan-H (BRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrr *dead sunderer*)
  17. dstock

Trac-5, w/ foregrip. My main carry, only infantry weapon I'll probably auraxium before I quit playing. To me, this is the only gun that feels truly TR. With good recoil compensation and plenty of practice, this is the one gun where I feel I get that extra bullet out (and on target) before I get killed by the enemy. The 143/low recoil model feels so good on this gun. Nothing else really compares for me, lol.

SABR-13 + TAR. It has to be both, or neither. These two rifles compliment each other so well, they cover all of the other's weakspots. I still love the T1, but it just feels like the middle-ground between these two polar opposites. I use my SABR like a DMR, foregrip+compensator, semi-auto for long range, click-race 2-round burst for medium. The TAR is like some dakka-SMG, foregrip or advanced laser, depending on how close I want to get.

I'm not sure I could pick a 3rd. I love all the ESRLs, even the ****e-ker. The Vulcan is TR's saving grace as a ground force, and I loved it, until I got one for my Valkyrie, lol. But, everyone gets the Hellion, so...

Fractures. I loved them as open-field AI back in the day (I'm a terrible person), and I still use them as such over my Mercies. The fact that they kill armor and deter planes is just icing on the pie.
  18. TheRunDown

Jag
    MCG
    Old T-32 (before nerf)
    Or Pounder, Pounders best Anti-everything.
  19. Leftconsin

1. Claymore
    2. M3 Pounder HEG
    3. P2-120 AP
  20. Ianneman

1. MCG

It's a niche weapon, but in its niche it's the best and most pleasurable weapon in the whole ******* game.

If you lean how to flank groups, this weapon is GODLY.