[Discussion] Best secondary?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ballto21, Mar 17, 2015.

1. Ballto21

I dont mean statistics wise, and i dont mean how useful it actually can be in general. I just want to know out of curiosity what the best ES sidearm is in the view of the community. Note that i said ES, the revolvers do not count as they are part of the rebel alliance and not to be trusted.

I personally think the repeater is the best with the beamer a close second, mostly because it has a high DPS and its free, and decently accurate if you can time your shots with hipfire. Iron sight is awful though.
  2. Demigan

Repeater, it's like a slightly more accurate pocket shotgun. It's the only sidearm where I go into battle with a primary weapon and expect to come out the winner more often than the loser. It's a perfect finisher weapon as well, you ran out of ammo? switch and spray to get that last bit of health out of the way!

Although as I say it I remember the Magshot, at times I killed one dude, had to reload as the second dude runs in and got multliple headshots at range to win the fight. Didn't happen too often, but often enough for my liking. I'm thinking of putting it back in my weapon selection now... Still think the Repeater is better overall as a Sidearm despite it's lack of range.
  3. Hegeteus

Mag-Scatter, I BELIEVE IN YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUuu
    • Up x 2
  4. Liewec123

i know that you said ES, but i don't even think about sidearms now that we have pocket Recon Darts from the crossbow :p

but of all the ES i'd probably say Repeater easily wins, followed by the other burst sidearms.
    kudos to hegeteus for the mind boggling achievement of mag-scatter aurax,
    but the weapon needs tweeks before it is made remotely viable for anything other than being a huge achievement to have kills with it.
  5. Iridar51

Desperado. Repeater wins as a hip fire spray weapon, but Desperado is a bit more versatile, and has much better iron sights, so it wins as a better all-around pistol.
  6. Ballto21

what about the spiker? isnt it more accurate with more ammo?
  7. HerpTheDerp

1100 certs for a wallhack? Yes plz
    • Up x 1
  8. Mongychops

There are a lot of differences between the Spiker and the Desperado, and I wouldn't say one is significantly better than the other.For what a pistol is usually used by most classes for (desperate attempt to kill someone quickly in CQC), it is probably better, due to RoF, with the Spiker better in other situations.
  9. Iridar51

Haven't thought about Spiker. It's the newest pistol, and I never really cared about it. We don't even have access to updated Spiker stats right now. So it's sort of a blank space in my head. I don't know how it relates to Desperado.
  10. Ballto21

actually the spiker is 480 RPM. i really want the RPM raised to 500 though,
  11. Mustarde

I would say the TX2 Emperor. Great damage output and range, 21 rounds in the mag which is spammy enough to take out a shielded heavy even when missing a few shots. Very quick reload. I would say it is the best rounded sidearm in the game and my personal favorite (I have something like 5000 Emperor kills).

Runner up is the beamer. For the same reasons above, it compares to the Emperor in many ways.

Magshot is also a standout sidearm, it is hilarious how quickly you can drop targets if you have the accuracy to hit heads.

My least favorite ES sidearm is between the inquisitor and the repeater. I despise the repeater, and find it wholly ineffective as a sidearm. Countless situations I have burned through my magazine and been forced to reload for a kill or get killed myself with that thing. The inquisitor was functional but painful to spam, and I felt like my clicks meant more coming from an Emperor than the Inquisitor.
    • Up x 1
  12. Lord_Avatar

I'd go with the TX2 Emperor. It packs a nice punch, the ROF is decent and having 21 rounds in the magazine allows for a few missed shots without forcing a reload.

Edit: Ninja'd. What Mustarde wrote pretty much sums up my sentiments as well.
  13. 0fly0

I use the cerberus most of the time, easy to hipefire and easy to lend headshot, you can finish a target really fast and even make a full kill with it.
  14. z1967

Repeater is nice at times but kinda overhyped to me imo. Outside of the NS revolvers, however, it is probably the best way to quickly finish off a damaged enemy.

The Emperor is probably the better TR side arm for general use. The 167 damage profile and low cert cost make it a must grab for most people who enjoy a higher damage weapon. It is also very accurate, close to Inquisitor levels of accuracy.

If I had to take one pistol from another faction I would probably end up taking the Rebel. That two hit headshot makes it a fairly attractive weapon, assuming I can make those shots :p
    • Up x 1
  15. Jawarisin

I'm in love with the cerberus right now, but I think it will pass. Anyways, as it stands, it's nearly as good as a primary..
  16. Ballto21

I respect your opinion, but i have to completely disagree with any cerberus related praise. The beamer has a faster TTK, and is more accurate as well as less bloom per shot.

The only advantage the rebel has over the mag shot is its damage over range model, and the cerberus is almost 55%(ish) worse in the damage over range department.

Unless youre a really close range headshot wizard as a stalker its only saving grace is decent alpha damage as a finisher to compliment an empty smg magazine, at which point an underboss, commie, or spiker would be a better choice, as they all have higher damage and DPS.
  17. qquqq

repeater is the best conceptual and statistically, you need a secondary to back you up in close range, if you need long range back up your playing the game wrong,. the repeater is basically a burst rifle. and the most panic/any situation friendly weapon available, the beamer is not this although it has the highest theoretical damage in the game, it is also the highest sampling weapon which means you lose alot of that damage, and in a panic situation,,,,, repeater is its boss,
  18. Iridar51

I don't know where people keep getting that. Beamer does up to 1255 DPS per second, provided you can flawlessly click 7.5 times per second. As far as sidearms go, this DPS is mediocre. Repeater and T4 AMP do up to ~1550 DPS, and it's much easier to achieve.
  19. _itg

Compared to the Desperado, its only drawback is -20 rpm. In exchange, it's more accurate, has a better max damage range, has 2 more rounds in the magazine, and has the charge mode which no one seems to use. It's honestly a straight upgrade.
  20. Snoipeh96

My recommendation for the best ES secondary available to the NC is the Desparado. I find it a whole lot more effective that the stock mag-shot during those oh c**p close range encounters when running as a sniper. apart from that, it is the coolest looking pistol in the game (I just have a thing for external mags on pistols ;)).