Feedback Thread for the "PlanetSide 2 Test Weekend"

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by DarkTexas, Mar 12, 2015.

1. SteelGonads

Only flew galaxies. The only issue i found was that the critical health sound alarm of my gal didnt stop buzzing even after i repaired it.
    • Up x 1
  2. JojonPopon

Hovering seems a bit harder than on the live server. That's about all I could tell. It has something to see with the Yaw of the craft, it just seemed a bit more stiffer to handle.
  3. Grezbow

I mainly solo'd the valk, and flight seemed normal. One thing i noticed was when switching to the gun, the sensitivity was ridiculously high, I couldn't aim at all. I wondered if it was my settings, but when I went back to live, I had no problems.
  4. Golgaris

The flight controls of ESFs feel...unresponsive
  5. DAi-RoKa

Koltyr gave me "I already saw this many times on other continents" kind of feeling. So I'd say it is pretty good for new players to get into the game. However the flash is wayyy too fun to drive there, especially around enemy territory, scaring lightnings and maxes. But that might be just me having too much fun while waiting for nanites.
    I've used Reaver for some time and felt that the turning felt little more faster. Otherwise not really much changed to me.
    Also someone aimed and shot at me with lock-on AA launcher, I used flares, the indicator of "G lock" disappeared, but the beeping continued and eventually I got hit. After that the beeping kept going on but that happened only once.
  6. Halathorn

Noticed that while flying the Mossi, My emergency notification from damage would stay on. This also occurred with incoming missile notifications. I have a shadow play with it, I'll update this post with that once I am home.
  7. Broskadamus

I'm not someone who usually flies but in the limited time that I have flown I found these new controls...off putting, at least with the Reaver. As I've seen others mention it felt heavier, almost like flying a heavier aircraft than an ESF (at least in my opinion of my test flights).
  8. DarkTexas Volunteer Quality Assurance Assistant

I've just unlocked Koltyr, sorry Guys.:p
  9. SuperSasquatch

Game crashed while I was in a Reaver, doing all sorts of crazy maneuvers. I can post the event data if that would help.

I didn't notice any problems in the Reaver handling. Maybe it's better? I did have to increase the aircraft mouse sensitivity but that is normal.

Koltyr looks very nice. Got that brand new feel. However the voice over said something about the warpgate. I was assuming there was a change in the functionality, but I didn't find anything.

Friendly fire is enabled in the Koltyr warp gate. I don't like this. I don't want my vehicle destroyed, it gets crowded and some players will intentionally team kill. I also benefit from being able to warm up in a Reaver by shooting teammates in the warpgate.

As for the test server, I think there should be unlimited nanite resources.
  10. Fraecker

I flight yesterday more than 30 Minutes a mosquito, i had no problem and level up to BR 5.
    But what changed? I did not feel anything (mouse+keyboard user).

Where i get the helmet ?
  11. A7V7VIHILATOR

Other than the turrets (valk, lib and galaxy) sharing sensitivity and inversion with flight controls the feeling wasn't too bad on ESFs. Havent tried PS4 controls (controller) but I hope they will have a deadzone/pressure-sensitive setting for those precision shots. There were a lot of Koltyr-specific bugs though but this is not the thread for that. Made sure that most nuisances I encountered I /buged.
  12. AxisO7

I'll be the first to admit, I'm not a pilot. Also my sensitivities on PTS are different than what I have on live (they are my old ones, which I've never bothered updating on PTS). As such, my thoughts are definitely not that of someone who can make proper detailed analysis.

All my movements in the air felt just slightly 'delayed'. Not much, but enough to be annoying at times. This may however have been caused by my 250 ping rather than any changes. As for flying itself, it felt easier to get into maneuvers at times, but harder to fine-tune it.
  13. Cyrus Thask

Well it seems I've posted in the wrong spot yesterday, sorry! (https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/koltyr-and-flying.217025/) Please feel free to delete my thread, thanks!

I'm reposting this as I'm adding some things which came to mind earlier.

After my "while" on Koltyr I think I can say I like that area. Though I'm not really sure if it's welcoming enough for a "newbie" to get pushed into. The VR training area is way more quiet and peacefull ;-)
    I like the idea with this "scaled" down map to get the hang of "tactics/methods" and such. Those quite random voice messages giving advice were rather irritating at first but that may be totally different for new players.

As for flying ... well I'm no good or passionate pilot on the normal servers but I'd say thank you for the flying lessons ;-)
    I just compared the test server to my "normal" server and now I can't say I feel much of a difference. That might go with me not flying often but for me they seemed quite similar. All in all it was feeling ok to me.
    I haven't tried using a joystick yet I'm usually flying with Keyboard+Mouse.

Which brings me to something I was a bit mad about. Why did you change the way the guns are operated? I was totally confused to the have the vertical axis inverted as well. That may be fully fine for a pilot but that shouldn't apply to the gunners as well. I've rarely hit anything in a Valkyrie over Koltyr because I've pointed the guns in the wrong direction thanks to the vertical inversion :-/

One "odd" thing happening was I fell upwards after crashlanding my Valkyrie and exiting with just enough health left to not be dead instantly. After a long "fall" up I died when crashing into the "roof" ;-)

That's my 2c for now. Thanks and have fun!
  14. Irtar

Flying feels far more weighty. Still needs a lot more tweaking, but I think you're on the right path. Make it so these things feel like aircraft. Disclaimer: I hate flying in PS2. Always have. Whirling dervish nonsense.

Koltyr is dumb. It was a dumb idea, and after trying it, it is dumb. Perhaps it's because so far it has been all the experienced players, but I still see Koltyr becoming a reaping ground of new players, and troll veterans killing them for laughs on alts. And the fact it can be locked is just completely bad. Too bad new player that you decided to join the game when the continent is locked. Now you get no new experience and get thrown to the dogs, and the months (MONTHS) you have spent working on this new player experience is ENTIRELY WASTED on them!
  15. Operx

I had a hard time getting fast response from flying the esfs. If i needed to make a fast maneuver it felt sluggish.
  16. Crazytrain

Once the bonanza of new PS4 players has passed, Koltyr could use better guidance on use of Sunderers or perhaps infinite resources so new players don't find themselves alone and repeatedly making long trips to objectives they don't understand yet just to get squashed.
  17. Herp Gonna Derp

The flight control, for me, seems to be clunky. However, I spoke to many people during the time of testing, and they stated that it feels much better and fluid. So it seems to me that these new changes are meant to entice new players to join the air game.

With that said though, most of them enjoy the controls but hated the combat because everyone in the test server were using lock-on.
  18. scubadubster

I don't fly a ton, but the controls felt "alright" to me, if a bit sliggish. I did have the low health alarm bug even after i repaired.

The area seems really small for air tho, your constantly running into no go zone .
  19. Titanfall14641

Flight model seems a little slow? The turning speed definitely seemed to encourage linear flights, which makes dogfight more difficult, and strafing runs the more viable option for ESFs. Love the Valkyrie in this, seems much smoother.
  20. Voltls1

The flight controls of ESFs are no good unresponsive.