[Guide] [Video] Destroy any tank in 4 seconds with your ESF.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RoofLurker, Mar 8, 2015.

1. Riku

Just to try to clear up a misunderstanding, there's actually some kind of force physics or malfunction in place exclusive to the scythe making it exit hover mode if decelerated below 50 kp/h and pointed downwards. The trick is to keep the travel speed between 50 and 55 kph but that's not easy for most during intense combat.
    Anyway, I do agree with anyone saying that if someone crashes their plane, it is most likely their own fault (unless caused by a bug or lag like teleporting an aircraft right in front of me so I could not evade).
  2. zombielores

It's not really physics more of a design flaw when the game thinks your leaving hover mode to land, decelerate, or accelerate, wouldn't really call it physics. But then it still can be avoided worked around since it's always present when the conditions qualify.
  3. Danath

These videos are like those of an infiltrator with SMG and medkits, running around an enemy sundy killing nonstop. A big group of players with the awareness of a sloth.
    The skyguard is cringeworthy, but it seems like lighting drivers in general ignore the back is weaker than the sides, and just stop driving to shoot.
  4. zaspacer

ESF pilots would love to have "use Repair Tool in moving vehicle" as an option they can get in the Wingmount Slot. If you don't think this is a very good ability, please support letting ESF have it.

Again, the balance issue is NOT due to them having 2 options for 1 seat. If they were both bad options, then nobody would say it's OP to have 2 bad options.

The balance issues of the ESF are tied to its mobility and the power of each its Nosegun and Wingmount options.

And, as I have said, I do believe the ESF is OP in the Standard Game. Just as I feel HAs, Medics, Maxs, MBTs, Harassers, Libs, Gals, and Squad Beacons are also OP/broken Units in the Standard Game. The Standard Game and Server Smash are both mostly players using broken Units or broken Loadouts or counters to broken Units. I'd very much support rebalancing them all, but I do not support only rebalancing some of them, as that would just make many/most the other ones listed all the more powerful.
  5. lothbrook

lol, you know what, let ESF pilots swap seats to repair at the rate of harassers, i'd be hilarious watching them crash into mountains or just die because it heals so little its worthless.

Also i'm pretty sure thats exactly what i said, both weapon systems in an ESF can operate solely on their own making the fact that they can have both in a single person vehicle OP as hell.
  6. DrBash00

Hmm, i am a pilot, but i dont like hornets at all.... in general.

So i am maby not 100% objective on this ;-).

But i think you need to fly much to deep with the hornets (especaly on bases with a lot of enemy tanks that can just 1 hit you, or guys with dumbfire launcher) and you need to stay very long above your Target.

This Strategy could be valiable with a second pilot, doing coordinatet nearly instant/kills on Tanks...
    And also the switching between primary gun and hornets is bugged, so it seems they just dont "ghost reload" some times.... (While the dumbfire rockets or coyotes always will)

This is why i personal just would go with hellfire rockets and blast them all in the back... idk. about the exact TTK but i think it is also very very low ;-).

Greetings MrBasher