Feedback Thread for the "PlanetSide 2 Test Weekend"

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by DarkTexas, Mar 12, 2015.

1. poserta

I fly 32 min with scyth and around 35 with mosquito, than i tried them on normal server, i seen diferences of worse turning (A-left and D-right) probably equipment thats free gain on test server let me think the changes make fly harder on test server even when i have almost no on normal server. So in fact i am not good pilot but its for me better to stay how its right now than change it.
    Thx and lets hunt enemies.
  2. Jebski

New flights controls feel a bit stiffer than the live server, which makes it harder to move in dogfight situations.
    Keep in mind, i'm not really a good pilot either but this is what I seemed to notice.
  3. BusBoss

Flying controls felt better to me but i couldn't stick to my target as well as i can on live libs and valks felt ALOT better but scythe didn't feel much different but that's where i had the most trouble target tracking.
  4. Ostoros

+1
    Fix the bugs and it will ok! :)
  5. Xoyf

I'm not really an experienced pilot but most of the time I didn't feel much of a difference when flying.
    About Koltyr though, when flying all warpgates looked the exact same, especially in the heat of battle. Several times I accidentally started flying towards an enemy warpgate thinking it was my own. Other than that Koltyr looks good :)
  6. L3L0UCH

Flew atleast 31 minutes with the Reaver,never actually flew on the live servers on planetside, but the flight controls on the PTS were fine for me, didnt have a problem with them. I was in a squad with two other people but we didnt see the 3rd player in our squad on our maps, and when he put down a waypoint we didnt see that either. Really liked the new design of the warpgate in koltyr alot.
    Other than that only a few crashes and sometimes it just automatically switched back to desktop while being logged in to the game, idk if that was a problem with my laptop or not. Alittle laggy aswell.
    Another thing someone else already brought up was, i chose another faction on the test servers than what i am on the live servers, wondering if that will affect anything at all with getting the helmet. ^^
  7. SazzyPazz

Not really enjoying the new flying mechanics. They seem a bit too clunky right now, and I can see a difference when flying a Mossie in live vs on the PTS. It has potential but right now it seems like a chore.
  8. Fallguy

I really like the cosmetic options for the lightning and heavy tank!
  9. SheepsRule

From what I experienced on PTS with the Galaxy the settings felt sluggish. Maybe the High-G Frame on live is a bit overly responsive but on PTS it felt like I hadn't equipped any frame. So while I think some adjustments could be applied to the High-G especially I don't think those should go as far as on PTS now.
    The Hover Stability on the Mossy was rather interesting though. Huge thrust while hovering in a dive.

Koltyr looks really nice now. The snowcapped mountains and the variation in the Terrain goes nice with overall theme. As the area is pretty small in total I'd suggest smoothing out the terrain a bit more so it doesn't feel so bumpy. On the continents you'd have more alternate routes to take in a vehicle but in these dense areas I feel there is too much bumping around which makes it hard for inexperienced vehicle pilots to get a feeling for anything faster then a MBT.

So 10/10, would test again.
  10. faykid

I am not a good pilot, so my judgement is flawed, but flight controls on PTS are harder than live.

Also, default sensitivity is way too high. Like, overkill. Especially when you gun in a lib, the tiniest movement makes 180 degrees turn. Infantry sensitivity is also too high.
  11. Cloakedboltz

In the time I played I saw no notice about the Sunderer at all. Considering how essential it is I thought it would be covered better.
  12. Reasur

Koltyr is a fun map to play in and i hope they will make a bigger version of this map. The new flight mechancis are good.

The only downside of Koltyr is that the continent can be locked and than you cant really play the game anymore.

PTS was fun to play on and to test the new content!
  13. captaindaan

how and when do we get the helmets if i may ask?
  14. FAZERMAN

HAI ALL , flying on the testserver is nearly like on the normal server .
    only when i press the middel mousebutton to look around , the esf is a bit "falling" to that side your looking !
    :D so , see you on the battlefield :cool:
  15. Fighting4982

I haven't flown much in Planetside. I am waiting until I get a new joystick like I had on my old computer. Otherwise I feel like a flying elephant waiting to get shot down by the Red Baron. That said using a keyboard and mouse in the test server everything seemed tolerable. I discovered the test server is a great place to test things against REAL enemies! It's different from the other training area, both are good.
  16. SDF1

I agree with you bro, im not pro pilot, but new things with planes doesnt call my name to use any of them again.... the old controls and feeling while flying is best for me. 35min in reaver, ill go and test it more, cause i like the new map ( Koltyr ) ! :)
  17. Pyroexplosif

The flight controls didn't seem very different to me, but I was lagging because Test Server is in the US and I didn't have my usual settings and mouse sensibility. However, I noticed a bug: as I was landing on an air pad, my scythe suddenly began to turn over and finally exploded because it was lying on the back.

About Koltyr, I think good job has been done, that's perfect for new players.

Finally, I'd just like to know when the Analyst Helmet will be granted. And will it be available for every account character ?

Thanks for the update guys ;).
  18. CaptHail

As a fairly experienced pilot, I was curious when I heard they were testing a new system so after getting the test server download I immediately tried it out hear are my notes hope there helpful
    - does seem more realistic
    - feels a little harder to control especially at speed
    - and this probably just me but I had a hard time slowing down

Hope this helpful, CaptHail
  19. Rhumald

I didn't note and changes to infantry sensitivity when I was playing; you made sure all your sensitivity settings on test are identical to your settings on live, yes?
  20. JimminyJoe

I've experienced little differences between normal and test server. Moving the mouse quickly in a direction still causes the nose to follow the anticipated path instead of stopping.