Flight Controls Changes - Need Feedback

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by PS2_Luke, Mar 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gammit

Before you finish shooting yourselves in the foot, perhaps you should further explain WHY this change was necessary. From what I read it's to better enable controller support. But don't be afraid to go further with your explanations.

Otherwise, you invite everybody without the knowledge or experience to feel his/her possible irrational hypothesis to feel validated.
  2. NoobStylerIGERI

I Ask u Devs 1 thing

U Ask the Community and the Community answear...
    The answear was, it is s h i t what u TRY

Now u try to ignore that answear and say u must bring it on Live servers.....

For what u Ask, and for what u need Feedback?
    U guys say u dont wanna ruin, that many Pilots need much time for getting Good..
    But only that u do!

I
  3. DaedrenGL

Is there really a difference? I didn't notice anything. I'd say nothing changed and everything works fine for me...
  4. Sunflash

Request first: Can we at least be able to turn off Mouse Left/Right = Roll? PLEASE? It's not as good as being able to put Yaw on it, but god damn.

Rant second:
    Okay. So I was all excited. "MAYBE YAW WILL BE ON THE MOUSE NOW!?!"

Should've know better, I guess. Can't have accessible flight controls, otherwise just any dirt-sucker could challenge the Skyknights that are so precious to PS2(??).

Instead, we've just got tweaks that are apparently infuriating half the pilots(okay bonus) but don't really change how stupid it is for someone who's played dozens of shooters-with-aircraft to try to fly.

ALSO my joystick still doesn't have sensitivfy settings that PS2 recognizes. Come ON guys, Battlefield NINTEEN FOURTY-GODDAMN-TWO DID IT BETTER THAN THIS.
  5. Rabbi Bob

Mouse flyer: Reaver seemed less responsive in PST than on Live, though I didn't feel the same difference on the Valk. I am debating on copying out some of my user settings from the live cfg over to test (IIRC they were reset a few months back on another test update?) to get a better sense of the difference.
  6. vlasov18

No crashing issues here. I'm not a devoted pilot, but I like how the new flight controls feels, very smooth
  7. SnoodleWolfieB

As I flew the Reaver I did notice it being much harder to dogfight and it to me felt a bit clunky and less responsive, I did recreate my settings from the Live servers but I found turning up the sensitivity did allow it to be a little smoother.

Dogfighting frame was rather wild and very responsive, I had to further turn my sensitivity down

Hoverframe was what I was using above and it just felt clunky and really hard to dogfight and aim at ground targets without having to fiddle with sensitivity settings.

Also I haven't used the Coyote missile before so rule this comment out if you wish but It simply did not want to lock onto any ship I dumfired at. It simply flew right past.
  8. Gurren

I had difficulty switching weapons on my ESF for sometime.
  9. Ghosty McGhosterton

Flying felt much more wobbly. My mouse felt much more like the joystick on an xbox 360 controller which was not pleasant. Flying in general feels sluggish, especially when performing reversals. I also felt that adjusting my yaw with A and D was much more significant than it used to be, and made my aim less refined.
  10. willowstyle

ppl talk for me, **** changement, no need my full review.

why not listen to your customers like in star citizen?..

just give us back:
    -full camo cover!
    -old stock afterburner!
    -more speed for esf!
    -straff with mouse!
    -no instant explode on tree/leaf or others esf.

AND NOT YOUR CRAZY ANNOYING CHANGEMENT MADE FOR FRUSTRATING AND HANDICAP AGAIN MORE PILOTS!

just do a ******* great scale survey on esf with maybe 100 wishlist and make a compil patch with the best demands!
    that would be so logic and bright instead of all esf changement since ps2 begin! come on there is no more soe boss now! you have free hands!

WANT AN ESF PLAYER GREAT SURVEY !!!
  11. PlatinumClipz

I don't notice any significant difference in maneuverability but pitch does seem a little faster as far as i can tell.
  12. Schwak

Once again SOE or Dey Break Games ignoring the community. Whatever changes you are making here aren't going to help at all. If anything they are going to make flying even harder then it already is. Yawing is completely broken and unresponsive. I press A and let go and it continues to yaw after I let go. It should tell you something when Veteran pilots can't even fly anymore.

If you want to make a meaningful addition make it so you can bind yaw to mouse like players have been asking for years. Otherwise congratulations on being the dev the ****** the air game for good.
  13. XH4RDSTYL3RX

Well like others said i can't see a big difference but i had to change the sensitivity a good bit. Oh and i fell like having a bit better controll in Dogfigths but maybe thats just imagination.
  14. Liquidrider

307 ESF Piloting Hour Feedback

1) Pitch Up & Down is WAY off. I am able to mouse up & down quicker. This needs to be adjusted.

The speed in which a player can pitch up and down needs to be increased significantly. Even with dog frrame on it was bad.

2) Lots of lag and jittering in 3rd person flight view. Even with smoothing and mouse lag on

Needs to be said....
    Because we have no choice and this is going to go live, this will undoubtedly hurt dedicated pilots. It sucks our input only matters when we are forced into it. I don't have much trust in DBG anymore especially when air balance goes untouched for months.
  15. newdamage1

For a bad pilot, the changes don't help me any. The left and right (yaw?) is way to fast. But it's hard to say. I got shot down like nobody's biz, figure I was good test subject for real pilots.
  16. Tenente

If joystick sensitivity = 0, yaw and pitch for the aircrafts and the vehicle look left and right stop working completely. So in other words, you can now control the yaw and pitch speed using the joystick sensitivity.
  17. Alaxtor

totaally agree. i dont know if is the lag or my pc. but feels clanky
  18. Alaxtor

i have some issues when i change weapons. a bit laggy i guess
  19. GPNain

Well fist impression, I wasnt feel the change, but after some fight, theres some great differences.
    Thrusters lock more slowly when you turn around. I tried it with high mouse sensitivity and low sensitivity. It actually doesnt change anything. (NC/ESF)
    Also, when you check with the middle mouse button in your cockpit, the reaver is turning too. Personnally, I think its a good idea because on live servers, you always have to turn your esf there and there to check whats around you. Its but instead, its too sensitive. I was just moving a liiiiiitle bit my mouse and FFOOUUU, it turned. Maybe you guys should check it out.

Finally, there the A and the D button....... when im chasing someone, its very more difficult to aim and shoot at him because of that. I mean, that WASD buttons should just be here to help us more than be the important burron for flying.

For real, i think the BEST CHOICE FOR YOU AND ME is that you just keep the flight controls like it is now on live, and you give us another choice for flying. Like a lot of other games do: having the right of choosing your own style of gaming/flying.

Peace, and may planetside2 developpers take a judicious choice.
  20. Demolition Cowboy X

What happened. Everything feels terrible now. It seems like movements are acceleration based, which leads to slow boggish and hard to predict movement. This is the same reason why people turn off mouse acceleration, because it takes away all skill and precision. I can no longer do any low ground acrobatics, and you effectively took away all of the movement options of the Galaxy. I have my mouse and controls 1:1 with my galaxy's movement as many experienced pilots have with their aircraft, and these controls make it so your mouse movements cannot directly translate into your aircraft movements. As over or under compensation is unacceptable to anyone who wants to be serious with an aircraft.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.