3/11 Patch Issues?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SolemnSeraph, Mar 11, 2015.

1. SolemnSeraph

Not sure if it's just me, so I'm asking. Did anyone else start having exaggerated issues when loging in after the update today? I jumped on my NC and noticed:
    -Halved Framerate
    -Even more players not rendering than usual (fixed twice? lol third time should be the charm)
    -Hitreg only working half the time (EG rocket hits sundy square, no reg)
    -Audio glitches (no SFX, SFX stuck, etc.)
    -Receiving all damage at once with a 60ms ping

Some are inconvenient such as the audio. Most others are game breaking. Is anyone else noticing these issues being more extreme today?
  2. Konstantinn

Logged in for a few minutes, was in a 24-48 50/50 fight between TR and NC on Esamir. Drove around in a lightning for a bit after fighting as infantry for a few minutes. Seemed alright. All my rounds hit and enemy were able to take out my lightning after I took out their sunderer, no warping, framerate stayed around 60 with very slight dips. Audio is normal.

Didn't see any of the things you described.
  3. SolemnSeraph

Lovely. I don't understand how I'm the only one with issues in games :/ My PC is up to par and well maintained. Guess its the same reason my phones always seem to unexpectedly quit.
  4. Halathorn

I haven't tried logging in yet. But I've had times after updates that it switched my settings all around. Did you check your settings to make sure they are still the way you had them prior to the patch?
  5. Pikachu

That has been around always I think. Not seeing the health bar change until the last 1 or 2 bullets. Sometimes also not playing the shooting animation of the enemy. Looks like he's just standing or moving in front of you.
    • Up x 3
  6. Tommyp2006

Yep, I was getting that really bad last night, almost never took damage from individual shots, I kept losing all of my shields or health at a time.
  7. SolemnSeraph

Still haven't narrowed and issues down to being on my end. However, my ISP contacted me and told me they found some bad hardware on the line and replaced it. Why did they contact me specifically? Because I've been telling them for a year that there is some bad gear and they brushed it off like "Please, if there was a bad piece of equipment, I'd know about it. I'm the internet tech after all." Needless to say he was asked to call me and tell me I was right all along. So maybe my issues will recede a bit, but they're still worse that before the patch IMO. Although, some people don't have any issues either way. Some still deny there every was any hitreg issues anywhere at anytime on this game, which the majority knows there certainly "were".
  8. Pikachu

Yesterday I had ~400 HP left and a TR MAX apparently killed me with 1 shot from his heavy cycler 30m away (125 damage).